Character breakfast

Lindscap

Earning My Ears
I need to book our reservation for next month for the character breakfast. Is the web booking working right now, or should I just call? I checked the calendar on Aulani’s website about 3 hours after the new day’s reservations opened and there was nothing available. I was wondering if I was just too late, or if calling is best. To book dining, do we need our resort confirmation ready to prove we are guests now that the restaurants are limited to people staying on site?

Aulani is not like Walt Disney World. You can and should make reservations, but it's not 100% necessary. Call when you can but don't stress about it.

They aren't - I had the same issue. Zero availability online but when I called I had my pick of times for breakfast or dinner every night of our stay. I suspect they don't have a way to tie hotel reservations to dining reservations online. The CM did verify our reservation # before booking anything but it was all very quick.

I was able to make an online reservation two to three weeks ago for last weekend. I had an email confirmation.

I think that was before the new rules about vaccination status then, right? I think it may have changed... our stay is 10.8-10.12.

They aren't - I had the same issue. Zero availability online but when I called I had my pick of times for breakfast or dinner every night of our stay. I suspect they don't have a way to tie hotel reservations to dining reservations online. The CM did verify our reservation # before booking anything but it was all very quick.

Awesome, thank you!

For reference, we’re at Aulani right now and I walked down to make a reservation this morning for a character breakfast tomorrow. No issues whatsoever.
Would you have been able to walk up and get in that same morning?

Would you have been able to walk up and get in that same morning?

not 100% sure but I would say yes. Aulani right now is fairly “empty” (no issues getting chairs by the pools, short lines for water slides etc.), you might not get your first choice of time if you walk up that morning but I don’t think you’d have a problem getting seated the same morning. The app shows times are not available but I think that’s a problem with the app, not an actual crowd issue. If your trip is happening soon I think you’ll be fine.

Hawaii started dine-in restrictions in September. Aulani's current policy as told to me by Aulani CMs on the phone, that you must be staying at Aulani to dine on property & either be fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination (card with ID, photo of card with ID, registered on the website that validates your vaccination status) OR negative covid test within 48 hours of your reservation for anyone over 12 years old, under 12 is exempt from requiring vaccination. We check in tomorrow & were told that everyone over 12 must go to the front desk to show their proof of vaccination or negative test (everyone in our group is vaccinated, so I won't have more info about covid testing, unfortunately) then receive a "dining" wristband that you wear during the length of your stay to allow you to eat on property. I've been told this is different from the "pool" wristband you get each day as a resort guest.

I was told by the CM on the phone that Makahiki needed to verify my resort stay before allowing me to make our character dining reservation, so I gave her my resort reservation number, she verified everyone in our party was registered guests of Aulani for the date we wanted, then she was able to give me my dining reservation number. I don't know if I could have done it online, but I would assume you would need to log in to the Aulani site with your Disney login, add your resort reservation number then dining reservations might become available? I called since I'm local & time difference isn't an issue for me.

Do we still need to wait 30 days out to call to make the reservations or can we do it now? Going December 11th and would love character breakfast reservation for baby’s 2nd birthday

I'm going in 2 weeks (early part of Thanksgiving week) and could not book online either. When I called around 30 days there was plenty of availability. They did not ask if we were staying onsite - which I thought was odd since it was well after that rule was in place.

I don't think you can book more than 30 days out, but there's really no need to. Just call at 30 days and you'll have your pick. I am only booking ahead because its a holiday week and I expect it to be busy.

So in everyone’s opinion is the Character breakfast even worth it right now? Trying to figure out if I want to spend the $$$ for a pre fixe meal.

So in everyone’s opinion is the Character breakfast even worth it right now? Trying to figure out if I want to spend the $$$ for a pre fixe meal.
It’s the only place you can get Mickey waffles for 2,500 miles so there’s definitely some value in that lol. I had the lox and bagels and it was Disney quality food - perfectly edible and better than Denny’s but nowhere near the quality you’d expect for the price if you were off-property. There’s never a long line to meet characters at Aulani so there’s little value there. I’m glad we did it, but it was a one-and-done for our family. My kids would rather down a piece of toast and be in the lazy river than sit at a table. I wish Aulani would have a character dinner because there’s not much to do at night.

It’s the only place you can get Mickey waffles for 2,500 miles so there’s definitely some value in that lol. I had the lox and bagels and it was Disney quality food - perfectly edible and better than Denny’s but nowhere near the quality you’d expect for the price if you were off-property. There’s never a long line to meet characters at Aulani so there’s little value there. I’m glad we did it, but it was a one-and-done for our family. My kids would rather down a piece of toast and be in the lazy river than sit at a table. I wish Aulani would have a character dinner because there’s not much to do at night.
Yeah we might skip it… We will be going to DLR on the way back from Hawaii and the kids can get their character fix. A character dinner would be more up my alley as well.

We are booked for Tuesday which apparently now has characters. I originally booked when it was non-character, I like breakfast and having one nice brunch during vacation is a treat.
We have not seen characters much other than at the breakfast area, so if my kids were really wanting to see them I would book it.
Agree about dinner, there are not many options onsite right now.

I need to book our reservation for next month for the character breakfast. Is the web booking working right now, or should I just call? I checked the calendar on Aulani’s website about 3 hours after the new day’s reservations opened and there was nothing available. I was wondering if I was just too late, or if calling is best. To book dining, do we need our resort confirmation ready to prove we are guests now that the restaurants are limited to people staying on site?
Were you able to get a reservation or just show up? We are running into a similar problem

We are booked for Tuesday which apparently now has characters. I originally booked when it was non-character, I like breakfast and having one nice brunch during vacation is a treat.
We have not seen characters much other than at the breakfast area, so if my kids were really wanting to see them I would book it.
Agree about dinner, there are not many options onsite right now.
The characters usually appear on either of the two lawns and you have to go seek them out. If the character phone line is still down, cast members in purple shirts can tell you the schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter