• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Buffets

Rich M

DIS Veteran
I am taking my GS to Disneyland in May and we have gone to Goofy Kitchen, Storytellers, and PCH in the past and was wondering which one you would take a 3 year old too these days. Its been awhile since we have gone. We have taken him to Disney World and have great photos with him there so we want some at Disneyland now. We are a group of 7 so want to make sure that we will be satisfied with the food.

Maybe try The Plaza Inn inside DL this time. They have characters for the breakfast buffet there.

Maybe try The Plaza Inn inside DL this time. They have characters for the breakfast buffet there.

Is there food decent? How late do they seat? Hoping to eat after hitting some rides more of a brunch type of thing

Plaza Inn is pretty awesome and has the most characters. There have been 8-12 the couple of times I’ve gone, including Minnie, Fairy Godmother, Winnie, Rafiki, Hook, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Max, and I’m sure others will chime in.
The food is excellent.

Plaza Inn is pretty awesome and has the most characters. There have been 8-12 the couple of times I’ve gone, including Minnie, Fairy Godmother, Winnie, Rafiki, Hook, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Max, and I’m sure others will chime in.
The food is excellent.

That sounds like some great characters. It seems like it is hard to get a reservation for the days that I am there. Hopefully something might open up

Eyeore is usually there too! We normally book our ADR, so that we have an hour or two in the park before eating. The food is good. I wouldn’t call it amazing or anything, but consistently good. They have an omelette station which is always a plus in my book.

I would say it depends on if they like certain characters. Food wise i think they are all ok. Its all buffet food nothing grand. I would do either Plazza breakfast or Goofys kitchen dinner or breakfast.
At plaza we saw Minnie, Eeyore, Pooh, Chip, Dale, Rafiki, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Max, that i can remember there might have been or two more. At Goofys we saw Goofy, Mickey, Chip, Dale, Minnie, and Pluto.

Those are are two favorite. If we can only do one we do Goofys.

We've had awesome interactions at the Plaza Inn when we've had a late seating (10:40 is the latest). The restaurant starts to clear out, and the characters spend more time with the remaining guests. It hasn't been unusual for us to have two or three clustered around our table at the same time.

Breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza is fun and has the most characters. It's in a great location too. The other meals have set characters, so you always know who you will see. Minnie's has Minnie of course but the other characters vary. It appears that the CM change costumes when they take their breaks.
The character meals at the Grand and Paradise Pier had some changes in the last year. Mickey is now at the Grand and Donald is at the Pier.

How much does the character buffet at PCH cost? I'm trying to talk my non-disney hubby into a character meal and price can be a deal breaker.

How much does the character buffet at PCH cost? I'm trying to talk my non-disney hubby into a character meal and price can be a deal breaker.
I do not know the answer, but I'm wondering about the cost of Goofy's Kitchen too. Why doesn't Disney post the price? It's making it hard to figure out what a realistic budget is, boo.

I do not know the answer, but I'm wondering about the cost of Goofy's Kitchen too. Why doesn't Disney post the price? It's making it hard to figure out what a realistic budget is, boo.

We called Disney to ask prices and they stated that it was $44/Adults and $26/Child for both Goofy's and Storytellers for Brunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter