• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character dining -- Cape May, B'yd BBQ, or O'hanas?

Mom to K and M

Earning My Ears
Would love your expertise and opinions! We have two kids, ages 9 and 6, and are trying to choose a non-park located Character dining experience (want to go on an off day and not use a park ticket). We've been to Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare and enjoyed them but would like to consider something new. The food doesn't matter nearly as much as the character interaction and fun quotient for the kids (also I like to "scope out" the resorts where the restaurants are located). So based on my quick research on the disney website, the options are:
Cape May at the Beach Club, Backyard BBQ at Ft. Wilderness, and O'Hana's at the Poly.
Thanks much! :cool1:

We did O'hana's last month and my DS's ages 9 & 7 loved it. Especially the 7 year old because he loves Stitch. Great interaction with the characters. It's an all you can eat breakfast skillet. That was our 1st time there and it was wonderful.

We did both a breakfast at Ohanas..and mickeys backyard bbq. The breakfast was yummy..and the charachters (mickey, pluto, lilo, stich) came by the table and spent some time with DD. Mickeys backjyard BBQ was a blast! The food was good...chicken and ribs, burgers ect...(mickey bars!!) At this meal the charachters danced with the kids on the dance floor..the band played contemporary country music. My DD LOVED this so so much. She danced with Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and goofy. I got lots of pictures of her with them too...but they did not move about from table to table like at O'hanas

We enjoyed both very much..so I guess it is all what type of experience you want...quieter meal at o'hanas with individual attention (only noise here was the parade with maracas for the kids..about every 30 min) and table service...or loud dancing fun at the BBQ...noisy (good noisy :) )and buffet style.
hope that is at least a little helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter