Character dining during Covid times

ScrampShopper

Mouseketeer
I've read about how CRT is with Cinderella coming out and waiving to people from a distance, but can someone tell me what their experience was at H&V, CP, GG. My kids won't care about a modified experience as long as I warn them ahead of time! And has their been some type of modification at buffet places like H&V and CP as to how you get food? Also, are they still handing out swords and wands at CRT?

There are currently no characters at CP. H&V, Chef Mickeys, Topolino’s and GG are the traditional character meals that are open right now. The ones that would normally be buffet are being served family style I believe. The characters come out and greet guests from a distance. They do not approach the tables or sign autographs. CRT just has Cinderella appearing and I did not see any wands or swords being given out when I was there 3/31. BoG isn’t really a character meal but the beast does make rounds through the dining room.

I'll let the kids know about the lack of sword and wand and see if they still want to eat in the Castle. We go very often so it won't be a big deal to skip it this time, and I won't have to constantly tell them to quit hitting each other for the rest of the day!! I do also have a BOG reservation because I wanted that more than CRT.

We did H&V in the week after Thanksgiving last year. We found the characters to stop and make sure to interact intentionally with each table, pose for pictures, etc, all while distanced.

Anyone done the H&V breakfast? We have reservations the first week of May. Is the food ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter