Character Dining in Inventions

stocst

Earning My Ears
Has any one else heard that characters will no longer be in Inventions for dinner after 28th March?

A poster on another forum has posted that this is what she has been told by CM at Disneyland Paris.

Anyone know anything?

I heard rumours that characters will still be there but it will only be available to DLH guests after complaints hotel guests couldn't get booked? Whether this is true or not is another matter.

I heard rumours that characters will still be there but it will only be available to DLH guests after complaints hotel guests couldn't get booked? Whether this is true or not is another matter.

Really? That is funny. WDW is full of that problem and it has never occurred to me they would stop non guest from booking. We stayed that Polynesian this past summer and I was very fortunate to get in to Ohana but if you did not book out 5-6 months in advance forget about it. They do not care you are staying there and would just point you to Captain Cooks. I would think restaurants at any DL hotel would be in trouble if they only counted on hotel guests to eat in their establishments.

I was hoping to book here as it looks like a nicer buffet and the characters look unique to ones found in buffets in the states. Yet we are at Davy Crockett and from what I gather by reading on sites it is not a very popular resort with DLP guests. We think it looks adorable and reminds us of Fort Wilderness at WDW. Here is to hoping DL hotel will allow us to grace our presence in their halls. lol :tongue:

I would think restaurants at any DL hotel would be in trouble if they only counted on hotel guests to eat in their establishments.
So would I - very serious trouble!

And maybe the rumour that characters will no longer be there for dinner is due to the fact you can only pre-book lunch on the website?

Oh well, we'll just have to hope both these rumours are unfounded - guess we'll find out soon enough.

I was hoping to book here as it looks like a nicer buffet and the characters look unique to ones found in buffets in the states. Yet we are at Davy Crockett and from what I gather by reading on sites it is not a very popular resort with DLP guests. We think it looks adorable and reminds us of Fort Wilderness at WDW. Here is to hoping DL hotel will allow us to grace our presence in their halls. lol :tongue:
I hope so :) and Davy Crockett looks a lovely resort, I just think many people (myself included) discount it because we don't have our own transport when we're at DLP. It definitely looks like it has the best swimming pool!

It's been all over Twitter last night. Lunch supposedly now onsite exclusive, dinner DLH guest exclusive. They are honoring existing reservations, but no new ones. Characters still there.

The reasoning that is being given is what RoseBug has already posted, Hotel guests complaining they couldn't book.

Sunday Brunch can still be booked by everyone, but I would bet that won't last Long.

Completely stupid move if you ask me. I have no idea why they are claiming issues with dinner, the last couple of times I was in the place was maybe half full. The one issue I see is brunch (hence my suspicion this is next), but they are keeping tables for hotel guests aside there anyway.

And as it's been said, WDW has had full restaurants for years. There'd be a riot if they'd block offsite guests or Limit to certain Hotels. If Paris wants a riot I guess they can get one.

Our passes expire in September and we've already decided we are not renewing for now. They could really stop trying to prove that this decision was right. :P

Well, I haven't dined there in the evening for several years but whenever we did there were always lots of empty tables! The only time I ever saw the restaurant full was for breakfast. What's brought on all this sudden popularity?

We were planning on going for Sunday brunch in October but I won't bank on it now then - I will be an onsite guest but not at the DLH.

If this does come about wonder how long it will be before they have to do a u-turn? I suspect it won't be long!

Is that for definite for lunch - it's ONLY onsite guests? So quests staying in another Disney hotel, but not a partner hotel??

C x

Well, I haven't dined there in the evening for several years but whenever we did there were always lots of empty tables! The only time I ever saw the restaurant full was for breakfast. What's brought on all this sudden popularity?

We were planning on going for Sunday brunch in October but I won't bank on it now then - I will be an onsite guest but not at the DLH.

If this does come about wonder how long it will be before they have to do a u-turn? I suspect it won't be long!

This sums up my reaction from last night pretty much.

We went in summer last year last time - I am not counting the Halloween Dinner Disaster - and it was still the same then, plenty of empty tables.

I have no idea where this comes from. With the exception of maybe brunch there's never been any Problems getting a Reservation, even the night before.

My boyfriend already suggested that they don't like the work coming with the characters and are trying to get rid of it through a back door. First limiting it and then cancelling completely because they don't have enough bookings anymore. The sad Thing is, I wouldn't even say this is impossible.

Is that for definite for lunch - it's ONLY onsite guests? So quests staying in another Disney hotel, but not a partner hotel??

C x

That is what CMs were saying on Twitter yesterday, yes. All I know, sorry.

Hoping you're wrong. Int he nicest possible way obviously. :hug:

This is what the DLP UK site currently says....

"Inventions at Disneyland® Hotel (during lunch by reservation and dinner if you are staying at the hotel)
Choose from among many delicious international dishes at the buffet while surrounded by models and replicas of the Victorian era’s most fascinating inventions. During your meal, Disney characters will stop by your table and will be happy to take photos with you.
Choose from among three seatings when you make your lunch reservation: 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m."

So sounds hopeful still.....

C x

This is one of the tweets I saw. She identifies herself as a CM and has been pretty vocal about the whole Thing. She even posted a Picture of the bit you quoted. *shrugs*

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the tweets I saw. She identifies herself as a CM and has been pretty vocal about the whole Thing. She even posted a Picture of the bit you quoted. *shrugs*

Weird! I follow her too - I've asked her where she saw the bit about on-site guests only and see what happens! :)

C x

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence Vala, but I've removed the link to the tweet. Got to keep this board family friendly and some of the replies weren't!

Reply from the ex-CM: "Mixed signals are currently been given. We'll have to wait until a later time for more information."

I take that as she mis-read something from somewhere and honestly doesn't have a clue either. :rotfl:

C x

No offence Vala, but I've removed the link to the tweet. Got to keep this board family friendly and some of the replies weren't!

Certainly no offense taken. I assure you if I had had another Tweet to link to I would have used that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter