Character Interactions

I’m sorry you had this experience. Hopefully next time you have the opportunity to meet Belle you are able to chat with her about her favorite books. I know that once she is on this topic she can talk forever! 💛
You talk about Belle (and all the characters) as if they were real 😂

Going to be on the Fantasy November 11th -
Briefly conversing with the Disney characters is what really ernhances your overall Disney vacation experience.
It also forces you to do your homework about them so you will know what you are talking about.
And afterwards, the picture with them just makes it all that more magical.
In short, I'm respectful of them .... they are respectful of me....... why ruin the Magic with any other kind of Disney character conversation??

Going to be on the Fantasy November 11th -
Briefly conversing with the Disney characters is what really ernhances your overall Disney vacation experience.
It also forces you to do your homework about them so you will know what you are talking about.
And afterwards, the picture with them just makes it all that more magical.
In short, I'm respectful of them .... they are respectful of me....... why ruin the Magic with any other kind of Disney character conversation??
I love your attitude to character meet and greets!

Feedback time….
If you could see/do/change anything in regards to anything character related, what would it be?

This only really applies to cruise ships, but have one scheduled character meet a day in the adult only section for adults only. I know that in the kids club they get exclusive character meet and greets which is great for kids who may not want or be able to do the chaotic fast and crazy meet and greets in The Atrium area.

Having one adult only character meet and greet would also make the The Atrium area less in demand, as currently adults and families all queue for the same character meet and greet.

The Southampton Dream sailings in particular this summer had very high demand for character meet and greets, so much so that some characters were withdrawn from the Spain itinerary.

Although, I'm sure we all know that there would be complaints about an adult only meet and greet, as you know, Disney is for kids, rolls, eyes, sighs. And there would be the entitled mom who would insist on her special kids doing the adults only character meet and greet.

This only really applies to cruise ships, but have one scheduled character meet a day in the adult only section for adults only. I know that in the kids club they get exclusive character meet and greets which is great for kids who may not want or be able to do the chaotic fast and crazy meet and greets in The Atrium area.

Having one adult only character meet and greet would also make the The Atrium area less in demand, as currently adults and families all queue for the same character meet and greet.

The Southampton Dream sailings in particular this summer had very high demand for character meet and greets, so much so that some characters were withdrawn from the Spain itinerary.

Although, I'm sure we all know that there would be complaints about an adult only meet and greet, as you know, Disney is for kids, rolls, eyes, sighs. And there would be the entitled mom who would insist on her special kids doing the adults only character meet and greet.
I totally agree. I know that there are some adults who do not feel comfortable coming to meet and greets at the same time as all the kids. This would also allow the character time to have a more meaningful interaction with an adult without having to worry about timings and meeting demand.
Disney is not just for kids! The amount of times I have been doing a set when I had an adult crying and telling a Princess their story and saying how much their love of Disney has helped them overcome adversity.
I have previously said I have drawings and letters Guests have given me. Not all of these are from kids. Some of the most touching and most memorable are from adults

What exactly should we say or not say when meeting a princess then?
Just relax, be yourself and enjoy!
Let the character lead the conversation. If you are going to ask questions, make sure they are relevant. It’s just not a fun situation if you have a character who is (internally) freaking out because you’ve asked something they aren’t sure how to answer. That is a sure-fire way for the interaction to be ended quickly

I can’t even wrap my head around the kind of life you live surrounded by this stuff. Surely you get a bit jaded?
Just remember that my “offstage” life is very different to my “onstage” one. Being friends with glamorous, beloved Princesses is so much fun and a major mood/confidence booster. But that is only part of my life onboard.
But yes, days are repetitive and it can become monotonous. But then you walk out and people are clapping and waving at you and desperately want to meet you and you remember why you do it

That's basically what she said to us. She said let's take a portrait. I was a little disappointed because Belle is one of my favorite characters and my daughter and I were going to ask her some questions about the Beast and favorite books. She just quickly went to taking a portrait though so we didn't get an opportunity to say anything. She wasn't unfriendly, just quick to get the picture and move on. I think it stood out more because she was the 4th princess and we had just had some fun interactions with the other 3.
That's why as soon as she says hi, I go into "Hi! What book are you reading right now?" or something similar about books because it immediately gives her a talking point. I wouldn't even just go with a visual of carrying a book.

I did have an amazing experience with Captain Marvel at Avengers Campus last month. I was wearing a shirt I'd gotten somewhere that has her symbol, helmet, and Goose on it and it says "Fly high!" As soon as she saw me she said "I have never seen a shirt with Goose!!!!" and we were off discussing cats vs. flerkens, what she feeds Goose if they get "tentacley"...and then Loki walked up and interrupted us. The conversation went on for almost 3 minutes (I know because the CM took a video - and apparently you can take pics while taking a video because there are pics too FROM the video). It was so much fun!

What exactly should we say or not say when meeting a princess then?
Don't ask them about other princesses or stories their character would have no knowledge of. (Like, don't ask Cinderella about Aurora; don't ask Ariel about Tiana; etc.) Don't ask them something anachronistic - like I mentioned earlier when someone asked if they could tell Mags' friend that they knew her from here. Cindy wouldn't know about the internet or internet forums.

As has been said above, know about their story and lead with that. Belle I ask about books. Rapunzel I'll usually ask what she's been painting lately or how Pascal is. Cinderella I'll sometimes ask about Jacques and GusGus. Tiana I might ask about cooking. That kind of thing.

Surely you get a bit jaded?
Not every one who wants to work for Disney has their heads filled with all things Disney. It’s just another job to them so there’s no reason to become jaded.

That’s totally different from the people that are Disney fanatics and all that it entails. Most of those CMs do become jaded to various degrees after a while.

Disney is not the easiest company to work for. For me it was a love hate relationship. In spite of all that CMs must continue to play their role as if it’s their first day and that applies to non entertainment CMs as well.

Do your bosses pay that much attention to complaints if they feel they are nit-picky or that it was an unfounded complaint? Or is that whole “customer is always right” thing and you get in trouble anyway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter