Character Meals - for older teenagers or even adults?

seema

Mouseketeer
This would mean no Princess meals.

I guess you could argue that Mickey and Minnie Mouse and their friends are liked by people of all ages.

But I am thinking of meals with Star Wars characters?

Of course, I would have asked about Marvel characters - but I guess such meals are restricted to Disneyland,or other global Disney theme parks?

There are currently no Star Wars character meals. They had them during the Star Wars weekends that, unfortunately, for now, have been discontinued. And, yes, you are correct, there are no Marvel character meals either.

If you are looking for a Star Wars event, the galactic dessert party is very highly reviewed but there are no characters there. If you are looking for a character meal, I would recommend going to Tusker House. It is the only character meal my DH actually requests and it's for the food, not the characters, but the characters are super fun!

We're all adults in our group (DH & DD [25]). This is our first trip. I still wanted to try a character meal. After a lot of talk, we settled on the 1900 Park Fare breakfast which features Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins--basically "book" characters. Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies, and every review I've read said the Mad Hatter is just great.

I probably shouldn't say this on Disboards, but Mickey and Goofy have always creeped me out a little. :sad1: I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I can't help it.

Adults here and we love at least one or two character meals.

My family really loves 'Ohana with Lilo and Stitch and book this one as our farewell meal.

We also book Chef Mickey on our arrival night when we have first timers or children with us. I know a lot of folks dont like it, but we find it to be a great way to kick of a Disney trip. Who does not like to ride the monorail to dinner?

In the parks we like CP for a character meal. It is a fun break in the day, for any meal.

Took a group of 20 teenagers in April. They really liked Crystal Palace breakfast. As a family, we love Tusker House.

DH and I frequent character breakfasts... he doesn't like interactions with face characters but we have a blast with fur. My favorites are Tusker House and Garden Grill.

I second or third Tusker House. I was 40 and my buddy was 42 and we had a blast with the characters. The foods great too.
But then again once we hit Disney property we both turn into 12 year olds.
:disrocks:

I know you said 'no princess meals', but we love 1900 Park Fare Cinderella's Happily Ever After dinner at the Grand FLoridian. It is the stepmother and stepsisters that make this so much fun. (Note that Cinderella and Prince Charming are also there.) We went with friends in Feb. 2016 and their 15 yr old boy chose this character meal--he loves the buffet there. We had great character interactions that trip--which everyone enjoyed.

I'd also suggest Garden Grill at Epcot as Chip and Dale are hilarious! They also have Farmer Mickey and Pluto. We went there this past February with DH's adult cousins--we all had a great time. The restaurant rotates above the Land ride, so it's an ever changing landscape.

We love all character meals and we have never traveled with children (although I'm pregnant now!) favorite is crystal palace! Also heard good things about garden grill!

I have always loved character meals. I am 40 now. My wife loves them too (and of course our kids do as well).

Disney is really a place where nobody should have guilty feelings about enjoying any part of it no matter what their age is.

I'm 21 and my parents are in there 50s. We all love the Park 1900 breakfast characters. We go there every single holiday. Mom and Dad absolutely love these characters, especially the MadHatter. He's a hoot, especially with my parents.

I celebrated my 21st birthday at the Bon Voyage Breakfast with Princess Ariel/Rapunzel and Prince Eric/Flynn with my mother. It was a perfect "mother-daughter" date (especially with all the swooning over the princes:rotfl:). All the princesses and princes truly made me feel special about it being my 21st birthday and they made sure every person in that building knew it was my 21st birthday, haha.

DH and I frequent character breakfasts... he doesn't like interactions with face characters but we have a blast with fur. My favorites are Tusker House and Garden Grill.

Those are my top 2 picks, too. Great character interactions.

Tusker House characters are really great and the food is amazing. We also really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare breakfast, the characters were all so fun and really engaging. ETA - my 14 year old boy's only request for our next trip is Ohana breakfast with the characters.

There are currently no Star Wars character meals. They had them during the Star Wars weekends that, unfortunately, for now, have been discontinued. And, yes, you are correct, there are no Marvel character meals either.

If you are looking for a Star Wars event, the galactic dessert party is very highly reviewed but there are no characters there. If you are looking for a character meal, I would recommend going to Tusker House. It is the only character meal my DH actually requests and it's for the food, not the characters, but the characters are super fun!
Since they moved the eating part of the Galactic Dessert Party indoors there are Jawas roaming around to interact with the guests as well as the Stormtroopers. There is also access during the party to the meet & greet locations with Kylo Ren, Chewbacca & BB-8

I have a 10 year old girl and 14 year old girl. There requests for our most recent trip were Chef Mickeys (Breakfast), Tusker House, Ohana (Breakfast) and 1900 Park Fare (Dinner). 1900 Park Fare is by fare their favorite with the interaction of the step sisters and step mother. They aer so much fun. My girls still talk about them almost 2 months later.

Requests that don't exist anymore - Star Wars Galactic Breakfast - so awesome, but was only during May and Star Wars Weekends. Maybe the new Star Wars land will have some sort of character meal. They would also like to see a villians character meal.

Adults only here.

And we love character meals. Great chance to get a picture without having to wait in line. And no parents of little kids giving you the evil eye. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter