Character Meals

lovndisney

Mouseketeer
New to the cruise scene.

Do they offer character meals on the ship like the ones they offer
in the parks and resorts?

I don't remember seeing anything on that.

Yes, its a breakfast. You get a special invitation from your head server the night before. You will eat the breakfast in the same restaurant at which you had dinner the night before. The ticket will inform you of the time (I think they have an early and late seating similar to the dinners, but I am not 100% sure).

We really enjoyed it and got some awsome pics of DS5 and the various characters. They spend about the same amount of time with the kids that they do at WDW restaurants.

Do I have to make a reservation or sign up for it, or is it an automatic thing?

Thanks for the info !!

What if it is the day I have brunch at Palo. Will Disney take that into account when making character meals offers?? I would hate to miss one because of the other!
DizzyLaura
:tongue:

We cruised on May 17th. We had the APLAPLA rotation. We got our ticket to the character breakfast that first night at Animator's Palate. We had our character breakfast at Parrot Cay the next morning. Here's what the Passporter says...

Character Breakfast
Seven-night cruisers have a special treat-an inivitation to a character breakfast to Parrot Cay. Typically MIckey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale show up in tropical garb. Each character makes an effort to visit each table, and it's not uncommon for one of Disney's photographers to snap your picture while Goofy gives you a hug. Expect lots of energy, napkin-waving, character dancing, and music. This character meal reminds us of Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort at WDW. Character breakfasts are offered at two seatings (guests with earlier seating at dinner will have the earlier seating at breakfast). If your dining rotation starts in Animator's Palate, your character breakfast will be Sunday morning (Lumiere's = Monday morning and Parrot Cay = Thursday morning). Your server usually presents your tickets on the evening before, or they may be left in your stateroom. Your character breakfast's date and time are noted on the tickets.

Hope this helps... excuse any typos... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter