• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Meet & Greets back today!

RamieGee

Mouseketeer
Today I saw Mickey & Princesses were doing meet and greets! Mickey at Town Square Theater and it looks like maybe princesses were at Fairytale Hall. (Edited to add: Socially distanced. No hugs. No autographs).

Has anyone seen these listed in the app?

This is a big one for us when we arrive in a few days and want to keep an eye on hours and locations that may pop up. Unless they’re trying to keep crowds down by not broadcasting this…

Last edited:
They are now called character "sightings." Guests get one on one interaction with the characters, but still distanced so that they won't be able to approach each other - no hugs or autographs. Still haven't seen whether or not photopass photographers are available at the sightings, but distanced photos are possible. if they are indoors, I'm also not sure whether guests will be able to remove their masks for photos.

They are now called character "sightings." Guests get one on one interaction with the characters, but still distanced so that they won't be able to approach each other - no hugs or autographs. Still haven't seen whether or not photopass photographers are available at the sightings, but distanced photos are possible. if they are indoors, I'm also not sure whether guests will be able to remove their masks for photos.
It’s indoors so at this time masks remain on for photos
Also selfies only (unless handlers are allowed to use guests phones)

it's true - there are no schedules and the characters appear to be available all day. Current standby waits (all that is available) have been up to 30 minutes at times but they didn't say for which ones

Stitch was appearing on the Tomorrowland stage (photo from June)
Awesome thanks! This helps! My kids (who haven't been and don't really get into characters since they're "not real" 🙄 ) are only open to character dining if Stitch is there. This will be a great backup though - thank you so much!

I wish Minnie was appearing somewhere in her 50th attire.

I’m not understanding why for at least the characters where there’s a “head”, why the meet and greets are still “modified”. I especially don’t understand what’s so risky about an autograph. I’m glad it’s a step toward normal, but I hope Disney doesn’t take away the magic from these experiences forever. I have such fond memories of my daughter dancing with the princesses and the best video of my son in belly laughs at Pluto, signing his autograph book on his nose!

I’m not understanding why for at least the characters where there’s a “head”, why the meet and greets are still “modified”. I especially don’t understand what’s so risky about an autograph. I’m glad it’s a step toward normal, but I hope Disney doesn’t take away the magic from these experiences forever. I have such fond memories of my daughter dancing with the princesses and the best video of my son in belly laughs at Pluto, signing his autograph book on his nose!
Union rules NO touching. MY rule also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter