• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

character meets

rachel1618

Earning My Ears
Hi
How do you organise character meets? I know the info is on the app but I dont want to be looking at my phone every 5 minutes! Last time we went we either noticed the huge queues or a couple of times we were lucky and a kind person said "x is coming here in 5 mins" we have a not so patient 3 year old so huge queues are out of the question. do the characters stick to the same times? I was wondering if I could pre-prepare a list of greet times/places to take with me?

Have you thought about doing a few character meals? That is honestly the best way and will take the least amount of time.

Have you thought about doing a few character meals? That is honestly the best way and will take the least amount of time.

We have Akershus booked but thats it!! oh and BOG dinner but dont think she will really want to meet the Beast. We did crystal palace last time xx

Characters usually have a set schedule so yes you can look online at today's schedule and get a good idea of what it will be when you get there. If you don't want to look at your phone then grab a times guide when you enter the park and all character meet and greets are listed in those. Just note that the times are when the character will come out. Often times if you arrive during the time (say 3:30-4:15) the line will already be closed so try to come before the character starts greeting (so for a 3:30 greet get there at like 3:20). You can also have 1 adult get in line for the open air lines (mostly at Epcot and DHS) and let the other one have the 3 year old play with bubbles or run around with in eye site. That way the 3 year old doesn't get too fussy. Some will say this isn't okay but I have honestly never seem a CM who was against it as long as it wasn't an indoor meet and greet and the line was not contained by ropes etc.

We have Akershus booked but thats it!! oh and BOG dinner but dont think she will really want to meet the Beast. We did crystal palace last time xx

I agree with booking character meals. Our last trip was all about meeting the characters, so we did a lot of character meals (maybe too many), and Akershus was my favorite. My daughter (age 3) was shy about doing the Princess Parade, so she got to hold Cinderella's hand. The next time, she got to dance with Snow White. I'm not going to lie--I almost cried. Magical moment for sure!

We also had dinner at BOG. We told the CM seating us that we were a little nervous about meeting the Beast. She was awesome and told us that he's the best Beast she's ever worked for and then she let us in on the secret that he's ticklish. Next thing I know, my daughter is begging to meet him--waving, smiling, and blowing him kisses. He's now one of her favorites.

We also used FPs to meet characters. We found that we were able to get afternoon FPs for characters after using our initial 3. Of course, this may have just been good luck, but it worked for us.

We surprised DD with the characters at Akershus.
We had never been to Disney, so she had no clue that princesses could possibly be at dinner.
I told her we were going to dinner, and there would be a special surprise at this dinner.
She was so happy to meet Belle at the entrance.
She assumed that was it.
I have a picture of her face when the other three walked in the room.

Until my kids outgrow it, we will continue with character meals. It's a built-in character encounter.

We looooooved the character meals! I've never done any before in all my years of Disney travel, and I am a huge fan now.

There were a few other characters that I really wanted to see, but to be honest we didn't pay much attention to the schedules. If they were there when we were, we got in line. The only real priorities were meeting Anna and Elsa. But we ended up meeting quite a few... Buzz Lightyear, Ariel, Donald in Mexico, Anna and Elsa, Joy and Sadness, Baymax... and that was with no real planning with those meets.

You can also pick up a times guide as you enter the park if you don't want to be looking at your phone. Like others have said, we do character meals because you have to eat, might as well save time too by not having to stand in line for characters!

We find the times the characters are meeting in advance and include them in our daily plans. Keep in mind that the lines for popular characters can get long. Joy & Sadness was a 45 minute wait shortly after RD on our last trip. Some characters will be back out after a 5 minute break to swap CMs, but some characters will only meet at certain times, so try to get in line early if you can't wait.

Character meals are any easy way. There are also fastpass + available for certain characters - I highly recommend this. If you are a Chase Disney Visa cardholder, there is also a special character meet and greet for card holders only in Epcot.

If character meets are what's most important to you then I suggest you head to the ones out at RD or if you are staying on site get in line during EMH. We went to Joy & Sadness at 8.45am on a EMH day and there was only one family in front of us so it took about 25 minutes in total. Usually only one of us stands in the queue while the other entertains our 9y/o by looking around the gift shops or checking out nooks and crannies around the area. Sometimes we buy snacks and all eat them while queuing outside to pass the time. ipad's come in handy to watch movies as well.

We also use FP for talking Mickey in MK and Character Spot in EPCOT.

Make a list of your must do meet and greets and check out their times/places and arrive early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter