Character Schedules

dobball23

DIS Veteran
Are there certain schedules when and where Disney characters will be in the parks? Or do they just kind of set up shop somewhere and people go toward them? I am just curious because I pride myself in knowing as much as I can about Disney World (thanks DIS!!), but I don't know if characters make appearances in the park on a schedule or not. Someone recently asked me that question.

The characters are do have a schedule, but it is pretty flexible. They are "onstage" 20 min and then "offstage" for 20 min. So it is pretty hard to know exactly when a character will be out. If you are looking for one in particular I suggest going to Guest Services and asking them. All CMs are given a hotline number they can call to find out where and when a particular character will be onstage. I hope that makes sense and helps!

Go to Steve Soare's Website....(google it) - it gives pretty specific times of the day and locations throughout the world.

Check the Park schedule during the time you are there. There were some Random sightings.

When they are on stage for 20 and then off again, there are sometimes smaller breaks meaning they may go and it will appear as though they just went to get a drink etc.. it is sometimes shorter periods of time.

There are times though where it will be a full 20 min before that particular character comes back, but another is usually in its place in the mean time. :)

Every park has a "Times Guide" that you can pick up at the enterance when you get your park map that shows where and for how long the characters where around. It doesn't always name the character specifically, such as the Chatracter Connection or the Trail in Animal Kingdom, but sometimes it does such as Kim Possible in MGM.

In AK when we asked Rafiki's CM if he was the only one signing that day she let us know that Jiminey Cricket and Pocohantis were about to come out and where to stand exactly so we'd be first in line ofr Jiminey and that he was only out for a half hour but she would be out for an hour so it pays to ask too!

If the character was signing continuosly, like at the Character Connection, the CM would just let people know a few back from the beginning of the line that Mickey just had to run out back to check on the other friends and he'd be right back. We were in about three lines where that happened and it was never more then a minute. I don't think we were ever disappointed that a character had to go before we got the autograph....though it would have been nice if the wait time for Ariel had been only 20 min, like was posted, instead of 40!

Please forgive spelling mistakes.....still working on my first coffee of the morning.....:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter