Character Warehouse’s

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
have a nice long trip coming up and was considering taking a ride outside the bubble and going to the character warehouse

so I heard there are 2 nearby? Is this true and if so which is better?
I saw on an older post one only allows you in with a virtual que? Are they still doing that?

We prefer the one at Vineland which luckily is also the one that is closer to WDW property. It's close to Disney Springs so we usually Uber from there.

No virtual queue anymore. That was only during the peak of Covid.

There are two. I honestly don't find there to be much difference. We've even done both on same day.

The closest is at the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlet Mall. They did have a VQ style for awhile but they did not last year when I went. Maybe the demand has gone down some, and if so likely because their prices have gone way up. I think first time I ever left there without anything. But certainly being close worth the check.

The other is up by the Turnpike and I-4. Orlando International Premium Outlets. Parking is spread out so be sure to look at map where Disney is to park as close as possible. Straight up International until the end.

The one on vineland is bigger but it's soooooo crowded all the time now. There is no virtual queue but there's still a line to get in most of the time, then there's so many people in there it's tough to shop.

The one on I-4 outlets is small but we left there buying more than at vineland and it was far less crowded.

Does anyone know if there are still a bunch of resellers that swarm the stores first thing in the morning? That was my experience a few years ago but I haven't been there at "rope drop" since.
When we were there a couple of weeks ago, we encountered several people with wagons and notebooks of what they needed to purchase. It wasn’t first thing in the morning though. Appeared to be resellers. As reddog21 said, Vineland is bigger but very crowded and extremely hard to find a parking place. We ended up going to both stores multiple times and spent way too much but I can also say that we found better stuff (for us at least) at the smaller one.

We always prefer the Vineland one because it’s closer to our timeshare property but you’ll be lucky to find anything actually decent at them these days compared to a couple of years ago since they’re both picked over by resellers now and what’s left is the rubbish they don’t want. I think they send the better stuff to the one near Universal from experience.

I guess it depends on what you’re looking for though. Sometimes you can be lucky and drop on festival and old party merch if you go when they’ve had it in but we went to both when we over there in June/July this year and left both of them empty handed (and disappointed) because they were filled with the junk that they couldn’t sell at the parks and no one else wanted. In the past we’ve had bags full of stuff from them but now that the vulture resellers are buying up all of the good stuff first it’s less enjoyable browsing in them.

Fwiw the past few times I’ve been to Vineland it was a 15-20 min wait to get in and than you could hardly move around/look at anything because the check out queue was wrapped through and around the store with an estimated 20 min wait meanwhile idrive I walked right in got 3 shirts and 2 nuiMO plush and had an easy check out

Vineland was really really busy the last two times I've been (2019 and last year). Staying on property without a car next year though so we will just Uber to whichever is cheaper.

We've been to both and honestly, I don't really care for either of them. Vineland is shoulder to shoulder shopping and really annoying to even look for anything. As with any outlet, it's a timing thing and I'd say I get something maybe 1 out of every 10 or 12 visits. And don't expect super deep discounts either. The really discounted items are the things that nobody wants anyway. Just don't want you to be disappointed, esp if you don't have a car and uber out there and sit in traffic.

I think first time I ever left there without anything. But certainly being close worth the check.
We went last year and also did not buy anything. Definitely not worth it. Very limited crappy stock and the sales weren't anything to write home about. I certainly wouldn't go again.

have a nice long trip coming up and was considering taking a ride outside the bubble and going to the character warehouse

I saw on an older post one only allows you in with a virtual que? Are they still doing that?
I am interested in hearing what you find out.

My kid is living down there doing the Disney college program. He tried going to the Vineland outlet to shop for something (not the disney store though lol) and the parking was a nightmare. He actually just left without ever getting out of his car. Perhaps a weekday vs weekend and during the day is better for finding parking? Something to consider unless you are taking an uber.

Last time I was at the Vineland store it was meh - that was during the covid restrictions when they had the line outside the door (not virtual queue either). If you want to shop at that outlet - it's a nice outlet - then it can be worth the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter