Characterpalooza Still Exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny the Pirate has all the details in his Character Locator, which requires a paid subscription. Subscribers are not allowed to post the information in forums like this one.
Thanks, but no thanks. I'm sure there is someone who would be willing to share some information/personal experience either in this thread or by messaging me directly. I'm not asking that it come from Kenny the Pirate.

Yes, it still exists. That's about all you'll get from anyone here, just out of respect for what he does.
If you want the detailed information, you'll have to decide how much it's worth to you - basically, do you want to subscribe to Kenny or not. For the tiny amount that it costs, we found it well worth it, as the characters were a huge priority to our kids.

It exists, and I stumbled upon it by accident in September near the outside of Hollywood studios. I dont remember the time, and it was not something we had planned for. We decided to park hop in the afternoon and came upon it. It was a fun surprise.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm sure there is someone who would be willing to share some information/personal experience either in this thread or by messaging me directly. I'm not asking that it come from Kenny the Pirate.
They sure ought not to.
There is a very good reason that it's not information to be shared in an open forum.
If the word is out heavily and there is a large crowd gathered in the area where it's held, they won't hold it.
You don't want to subscribe, fine you don't have to. But people aren't going to share the information either. At least not in the open forum.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone will PM it to you though.

Well folks. I already got points for voicing my opinion. I know there used to be several threads on it back when I was a lurker. I just was thinking someone would point me in a direction for a new one. I already pay for a subscription for touring plans which I feel IS worth my money for what I use it for multiple times a year. Paying $8 bucks to read ONE article for ONE experience on ONE trip, is not.

Well folks. I already got points for voicing my opinion. I know there used to be several threads on it back when I was a lurker. I just was thinking someone would point me in a direction for a new one. I already pay for a subscription for touring plans which I feel IS worth my money for what I use it for multiple times a year. Paying $8 bucks to read ONE article for ONE experience on ONE trip, is not.
There just is not a thread on it. For the reason I said. If there are any number of guests milling about waiting for it to begin they will cancel it. So there are no discussions on it now. People don't want it cancelled.

287 people have viewed this post since you posted it a few hours ago. If hundreds of people suddenly are able to figure out where "secret" no line character meets are happening there will be no more "secret" character meets. If it's not worth $8 to you then it's not worth it.

If paying an extra $8 on a thousands of dollar trip to be able to have an awesome experience is not worth it, then it's not worth it.

Curious how much you spend in a week or two on coffee, snacks, eating out etc? It might put it in perspective for you..

At any rate, for anyone reading this who doesn't know, the $8 is far more than one article. You get online access, as well as a phone app which gives you full show, Character and character palooza schedules for every day (because the CP changes time and location daily), ride information, dinining menus for all 4 parks, crowd calendars, special event info, touring plans etc...

There just is not a thread on it. For the reason I said. If there are any number of guests milling about waiting for it to begin they will cancel it. So there are no discussions on it now. People don't want it cancelled.
There used to be a thread last year and we were able to catch Charaterpalooza on our last December trip. I understand now from this post why it's all hush-hush but that wasn't really clear from the start.

I had no clue we aren't allowed to talk about it. I did not get my information from Kenny (never have paid for a Disney tip) nor from the hub directly. Of course I can't give exact times or guarantees but anyone who goes to Disney often and knows a little bit about labor could figure out when and why Characterpalooza will happen. It definitely isn't the pixie dust people assume it is. The simply fact is people are being paid to be there so Disney would prefer those people be out for guests instead of sitting backstage.

That's my thing @robinb ! I remember seeing the post, so that's why I asked. I didn't expect to get all these hard sells on subscribing to something that used to be openly talked about before my time.

For those that keep hounding me about how much it costs compared to my trip and what I spend eating out/etc: prior to planning trips I looked into both touring plans and Kenny the pirate. For what I get out of it, touring plans would do more for me, so I went with it. I happened to be thinking about characterpalooza today, looked for the thread, didn't find it, so posted this. Characterpalooza isn't some trip breaking experience for us. Adult only trip and trying to make the most out of some time spent at Hollywood studios. That is all. I do not want to subscribe to Kenny because none of my trips are character centered. Like I said it would be a subscription I would never need or use again. Just wanted to know about characterpalooza alone and knowing that one item isn't worth $8 TO ME.

Because of problems and concerns regarding crowds and the safety of the character performers, the set schedules by the Fantasmic characters are no longer published by Kenny, other bloggers, and on DIS.

Because the OP's question has been answered, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter