• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Characters at DLP....too stressful!

frankieeyre

Mouseketeer
Disneyland Paris really need to sort out some sort of proper queue for when characters come out for scheduled meet and greets. The character attendants do not make a proper line and everyone just has to push their way in to get an autograph. Some people do try and start a queue and wait patiently but a lot of other guests push right in front of you.

This is really annoying when you are trying to get a photo with a character as some mum will push their child in too so you end up having a photo with a stranger!

They need to follow WDW protocol and have a last family and an orderly queue, it would make the experience much more pleasant.

Now don't get me wrong I know some character meet and greets around DLP have a set queue but for characters that only come out for like 30 mins they don't have any control over the guests.

Anyone feel the same?

I don't do character meet and greets in the park. I wouldn't want to put my poor kids through it when we can go to a character meal in a much more relaxed atmosphere.

I completely agree with what you are saying though. There is nothing difficult in setting up a queue and enforcing it. It is completely down to the Disney staff when it does not work. They need to make examples of queue jumpers and send them to the back. They need more staff to police the queues and make it obvious they are looking for people to stand patiently in an orderly fashion. Get a few big lads in there to play hardball when it is required. The message will soon get through. No point in having one small member of staff trying sort it out. They don't want confrontations. Get the heavy mob (security guard types, with shades and MIB suits).

And it's so awful for your own child who's been waiting nice and politely. I spent ages telling my little one "it's not your turn, don't push in" and then someone would come and push in front of him and he couldn't understand why some children had to wait and others didnt :(

It really is. Until Lesley told us that we could ask the CM's with our EAC if we could meet the characters just before they left I wouldn't even attemt meeting a character with my DB. He would totally freak out from the pushing and shoving. If only they could enforce lines...

It's one of the things that puts me off DLP. When we were there in March 2012 it happened to us at character meals as well, not just in the normal character meets.

Glad you all agree! I reckon DLP must get a lot of complaints about it so I cannot believe they haven't done anything about it! It cannot be that hard to have a CM tell you to line up and say no more families in line.

I have also had people push in at Character meals! That was just ridiculous! The parents just push their child in whilst the character is at your table! SO annoying!!

I complained in writing last year. The response I got was there were no lines organised because customers wanted it that way. :confused3

I don't do character meet and greets in the park. I wouldn't want to put my poor kids through it when we can go to a character meal in a much more relaxed atmosphere.
That's what we always did too. I think the character scrums are people's biggest bugbear about DLP and it's such a shame. When Karl Holz was in charge it did seem to get a bit better but unfortunately any sense of orderliness at the random meets does seem to be long gone.

I bet the characters would rather the guests lined up in an orderly fashion too - it can't be much fun for them being mobbed like they are.

I have also had people push in at Character meals! That was just ridiculous! The parents just push their child in whilst the character is at your table! SO annoying!!
That is bad but thankfully we've only seen it once or twice in many character meals. OK it shouldn't happen at all but luckily the characters have always told the children to go back to their seats so it's not really been an issue.

my Mother got the best two pics of me ever in one of these scrums meeting Sully in 2003. In the first picture I was firing a massive dirty look at some young lad who just pushed into my picture and the next picture is me smiling ever so sweetly at the camera as if nothing happened! I think I will attempt characters but my patience won't last long if people keep pushing in.

Also with characters will the CM's take your photo if you're alone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter