Characters on the Magic?

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
We board in about 3 weeks for the Northern European cruise. Any idea (besides Princesses and the Fab Five) which characters have done meet and greets recently? Any Marvel characters meet (other than during the Avengers Academy)?

Thanks!!

We board in about 3 weeks for the Northern European cruise. Any idea (besides Princesses and the Fab Five) which characters have done meet and greets recently? Any Marvel characters meet (other than during the Avengers Academy)?

Thanks!!
You can check out recent/past Navigators on https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/ to get an idea of who's been aboard recently. Not guaranteed that the same ones will be on your cruise, however.

We had no Marvel characters on our recent Med cruise. We did have the fab 5, Daisy, Chip & Dale (all in regional costumes), Stitch, Max (with Goofy), Doc McStuffins, Princess Sofia, Jake, the Neverland Pirate, Ariel, Tiana, Cinderella, Belle and Rapunzel.

We had no Marvel characters on our recent Med cruise. We did have the fab 5, Daisy, Chip & Dale (all in regional costumes), Stitch, Max (with Goofy), Doc McStuffins, Princess Sofia, Jake, the Neverland Pirate, Ariel, Tiana, Cinderella, Belle and Rapunzel.

Did you have kids with you? Did they do the Avengers Academy? Thanks!

You can check out recent/past Navigators on https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/ to get an idea of who's been aboard recently. Not guaranteed that the same ones will be on your cruise, however.

I've checked all the recent Navigators. The variety of characters on the Magic seems poor by comparison to the other ships. I was surprised considering they offer the Avengers Academy. They used to have a few Marvel meet n greets. Thanks!

I've checked all the recent Navigators. The variety of characters on the Magic seems poor by comparison to the other ships. I was surprised considering they offer the Avengers Academy. They used to have a few Marvel meet n greets. Thanks!
Yes. We weren't impressed in the Med this summer. A CM said they stopped Marvel signings since now they have Marvel cruises. I wasn't sure if she meant just on the Magic or fleetwide, but it must be just the Magic because I've seen them listed on the Wonder this summer.

So you're pretty much just going to get princesses, classic characters, and stitch. I didn't even see Peter Pan, Tink, and/or Jack Sparrow for pirate night. Captain Hook and Smee were there though.

The one good thing is that the classic characters wear costumes that match your location. So that was fun. I hope the variety improves by next spring when we are on the Magic again. Disney had made all cruises that possibly fall during vacation time (ie President weekend or spring break regular instead of Marvel, so I have a feeling we will have to find other things to do.

Yes. We weren't impressed in the Med this summer. A CM said they stopped Marvel signings since now they have Marvel cruises. I wasn't sure if she meant just on the Magic or fleetwide, but it must be just the Magic because I've seen them listed on the Wonder this summer.

So you're pretty much just going to get princesses, classic characters, and stitch. I didn't even see Peter Pan, Tink, and/or Jack Sparrow for pirate night. Captain Hook and Smee were there though.

The one good thing is that the classic characters wear costumes that match your location. So that was fun. I hope the variety improves by next spring when we are on the Magic again. Disney had made all cruises that possibly fall during vacation time (ie President weekend or spring break regular instead of Marvel, so I have a feeling we will have to find other things to do.

That's so disappointing! We don't go on the cruises for the characters, but they are a lovely perk! My daughter will be fine with princesses/Elsa/etc. but the boys would have liked a better variety. I don't think that's true about the Marvel cruises. Marvel characters have popped up from time to time on other ships as well. Not only that, but there have been a wider variety on the other ships as well. I've seen Max listed, the Incredibles, Woody, etc. on the other ships. Wonder what's going on on the Magic? Well, if we aren't chasing characters, we will have time to try new things!

And, I am excited about the new costumes. The few pictures I've seen of the Baltic costumes are super cute! Hopefully they will have added on some new characters when we go on the NYC-Bermuda in 2019! Thanks!

I don't think that's true about the Marvel cruises. Marvel characters have popped up from time to time on other ships as well.
But if you look at Magic Navigators, her proposal seems reasonable. Ever since they started MDAS, that is the only time they are on the Magic.

My DD is only 6, so character greets have still been a pretty big deal for us.

Did you have kids with you? Did they do the Avengers Academy? Thanks!
Sorry, my "kid" is almost an adult, so I don't have first hand knowledge, but it the Marvel Avengers Academy does appear on the Navigator for the Oceaneer Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter