Charity bibs

BDK33

Mouseketeer
Can someone explain to me (or direct me to previous post) that explains charity bibs?

Ive been doing races for a while now and always just paid. I really noticed the charity tents this past race weekend for the first time.

This seems like a pretty cool opportunity to raise money for some great causes.

Can someone explain how it works?

TIA

I run with Homes for our Troops. We raise money to help build mortgage free homes for Veterans who have had severe and traumatic injuries while serving our country (amputations/TBI).

For the races, as with most RunDisney charities, you pay for your entry and then fundraise towards a set minimum amount. For us it is $500 for a returning team member and $600 for a new member. That also gets you different things depending on your group. It might be the running jerseys to wear, trip planning support, coaching and training tips, team meals while a the race, free or discounted room rates, etc. Each group is a little different and you would need to check their sites to find the right one for you.

I had ran with a different group my first time and it was not a good experience. I tried again and have found one that is supportive, fun, inviting, and is really something I believe in. That makes it easier to raise the money. And it can be really fun with the ideas people have to raise funds. Because you have a connection to the end cause.

If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask. There are a number of people on here who run with charity groups.

Pat

I'm running with Kellsie's Hope for Avengers Infinity Gauntlet (19.3 challenge). I had to raise $800, which also gets me a Disneyland 1 day ticket, charity race shirt, charity jacket, charity medal, and a hotel room for one night.

I signed up to run for free on their site, set up a donation page, and within 5 days raised the required funds using a combination of reaching out to friends, family, and selling stuff on eBay. :)

Following. Anyone have any experience running with ASPCA? Thinking of running with them for the 2018 GSC.

When do charities join in for races? I am looking toward the DL Star Wars 1/2 marathon. Registration opens in 2 weeks and there are no charities listed yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter