Charlotte & Chris // September 2017 Escape Wedding // Sea Breeze Point

Fleurlur

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am in midst of wedding planning crazy despite the fact we are 2.5 years out!! My name is Charlotte, I am 24 (will be 27 at the time of the wedding) and my fiance is Chris, he is 26 (29 at time of wedding). We are both from England and we are both Disney/Florida crazy!! We got engaged in May 2012, in front of Cinderella's Castle which was a total and utter surprise to me!

be1dfe75-40ee-40b3-b47b-3c63a8f06720_zps56126fa7.jpg

We last visited the World for Christmas/New Year 2014/15, whilst we had been backwards and forwards between an at home wedding at Alton Towers or destination at WDW, this latest trip sealed the deal, it MUST be a Disney wedding for us!

Here we are on Christmas Day:
MK_PARTLEFT_7135312116_zps50d13585.jpeg

We have decided on an Escape Wedding because we know only close family and friends will be coming. Our guest list currently stands at 16, including us and I don't think we'll be adding any more. We did look at the Wedding Pavilion but I think 16 of us will just look to empty in there, and we've decided on Sea Breeze Point. Not really fussed on a particular day, just know we want it in September as it's quiet season. I did like the symmetry of 17/09/17 but my parents got married on 17/09 and they're now divorced so they've cursed it. :P

I think we'd like a reception-type meal in the evening at T-Rex as that is my fiance's favourite restaurant and I'd get a kick out of being in my wedding attire there! I've also been toying with the idea of an Epcot Dessert Party. We're also definitely having a MK Bridal Portrait session!!

I have about a million questions so hopefully some people will follow along for me to bounce my ideas/questions off!

Thanks for reading!

We had two friends come along with us on the day we got engaged who knew what was going to happen and they took photos of the whole thing, that's how I have that photo by the way.

Here's my original engagement ring:
DSC00232-1.jpg

Which I then lost :(, so here's my replacement engagement ring:

1531896_10151898588657309_702720685_n_zps67565f69.jpg

Sea Breeze Point is beautiful. And beautiful pictures at the Boardwalk. Very nostalgic. I agree on the Wedding Pavillion, just seems so empty when you only have a few people.
Epcot Illuminations fireworks party-- is stunning. You will not be disappointed. Great photo pics again!

Sorry to hear you lost your original ring! I would have been lost. But your replacement is just as pretty!

We are looking at a Memories/Escape wedding. Haven't quite narrowed down what we are doing, but ours is more of a vow renewal. We are already married, we just never had the wedding we wanted.

Following along...looking forward to reading & seeing your ideas!!

It is very beautiful in the photos, I never managed to find it on my last trip there! :\

I was so gutted when I lost it! And I didn't want my fiance to be upset. Thankfully he wasn't too upset, or at least he hid it well!

Thankyou for following along, I'll be sure to check out your PJ if you have one??
I think it depends on how many guests you want to come with you? We're having more than 4 but less than 20 so that decided it for us!

Few more developments wedding-wise.

We invited two of our close mutual friends and their partner's to our wedding yesterday and they all said yes! Which is exciting and also brings our definite headcount to 16 now I think!

I've also decided (and discussed with Chris who also agreed thankfully :P) that I'd really like a Beaches & Cream Soda shop type theme, so the colour scheme would be light pink and mint and we'd have a 50's type vibe. I've found a few Save The Date/Invitation designs for inspiration.

Last edited:
Congrats to you both! Sea breeze point is my favorite location for a wedding and the Illumination dessert party is amazing. Love the idea of a Beaches and Creme wedding. I love that 50's look. It sounds like your off to a good start.

I love the color scheme mint green and pink will be so cute together and the 50's vibe is awesome! Following along
Happy Planning
Melissa

Thanks for following!

Hmm Chris isn't so sure on the 50s/ice cream theme and he prefers the vintage carnival theme that we originally agreed on.
He did his own mock-up of a STD in carnival theme and it was so cute! So now I'm torn! I think the vintage carnival would tie in better with the Boardwalk and SBP though. Oh well, plenty of time to make our minds up!

You could actually do all 3 ideas in one. Just incorporate little things here & there. The Boardwalk area has so much "carnival" theming already.

I could actually, could do a 50's themed carnival!

We're definitely having a dessert party, I'm not sure if I mentioned that already. I wonder if I could somehow get LeFou's Brew served at it?

We have actually picked a date(s)! Because we are booking our villa for 14th-28th September (at the end of this month omg), we quite like the idea of getting married after we've been in Florida for a week so we've settled on either 21st or 22nd! Picked two dates just because of their being a date lottery for Escape brides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter