Charmama4 and family's trip to Disneyland!!!!

Hooray....so you ARE staying at the DL Hotel then????? I'm so glad the grandparents are going to be there to surprise the kids.......fun!!!! You guys are going to have a great trip.....I just feel it!!

Yup, we ARE staying there. So, the original plan is reinstated:cool1: I'm glad everything is back to *normal* BUT I must have pulled a muscle (in my shoulder) while *training for Disneyland* and boy does it hurt. The kids don't mind though because their lessons load is real light today :banana:

Has anyone ever packed a toaster in their suitcase before? I ask because I was thinking of toasting bagels for breakfasts. I'm in the middle of getting my food lists together, one for what I'm bringing and one for what mom will pick up from the store for us. Any suggestions on food items??

Question: How do I put a link to my TR on my signature?

1. Copy the URL to your report.
2. Go to edit your signature
3. Paste the URL to your signature with the code around it and the [/*URL] cod...ou for a URL and it will do the rest for you.

So the kids and I were thinking about what we could do to decoreate the door and then somehow we got on a tangent. We made "mousekeeping" envelopes to leave for housekeeping.

STH70116.jpg

The each decorated their own and wrote a little thank you note. Each morning we'll leave it taped to the mirror with a tip inside. The kids felt so good after they made them. Connor said, "We why shouldn't we thank them and do something nice for them, they are doing something for us"

They feel the magic already:)

So the kids and I were thinking about what we could do to decoreate the door and then somehow we got on a tangent. We made "mousekeeping" envelopes to leave for housekeeping.

STH70116.jpg

The each decorated their own and wrote a little thank you note. Each morning we'll leave it taped to the mirror with a tip inside. The kids felt so good after they made them. Connor said, "We why shouldn't we thank them and do something nice for them, they are doing something for us"

They feel the magic already:)
Those are so cute! What a considerate little guy you got there ;)

Thanks, I think so. Now we are trying to figure out how to decorate the door. I'll have to prepare double the doors, though. For Grandma and Grandpa's door, but they dont' know about them yet!

Hey, DizNee Luver, if I dont' find you first, could you tell me where your organizer is on your TR? I was going, if that's ok, take some ideas from that. Also, the font you used, where did you find it and was it a free one?

Hey all, got on a tangient over on the boards. Started a thread "How far away are you..." and it really took off, surprisingly. Now the kids and I are making it into a geography lesson. Come check out where some of the DISers are, you may find a neighbor!!

Well, it's been kinda quiet around the house lately, DL planning wise, but it's starting to pick up. I have all my toiletries packed. We now have a "travel set" of everything we need when traveling. Makes it alot easier for all of these DL trips we are going to be taking (shh dont' tell DH:rotfl:)
I'm working on some activity folders for the kids when we are in the plane & train. Printing off of the net and grabbing pages from workbooks and have some markers and crayons. I know Forrest is going to writing alot so I put some line pages in for him. Erin's has lots of princess coloring sheets and Connor loves word searches and Hunter likes to try to crack sudaku puzzles.

We are going shopping today for some glow sticks and batteries for their mp3 players and vtecs. The kids are starting to get more excited now that the calendar is up on the official website and planning which ride is on their "must ride" list.

This is the patch I'm going to sew on some hoodies. Scott designed it to go along with our 2 passions: the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronisms) and Disneyland!!!! Can't wait to wear them!!!
STH70129.jpg
[/IMG]

When I read your sad post I kept thinking, umm, she had kids that have ID cards, why not have them "sleep" with grandparents? I'm so glad your DH figured that out! I just read all this today. . FYI in the evenings "mousekeeping" turns down the beds and leaves chocolates and does a quick cleaning of the room! my kids loved that part, the chocolates! Now how are you going to keep grandma and grandpa a secret??? especially if they have a bag packed in their vehicle???? Good luck with keeping the secret and have a blast!

When I read your sad post I kept thinking, umm, she had kids that have ID cards, why not have them "sleep" with grandparents? I'm so glad your DH figured that out! I just read all this today. . FYI in the evenings "mousekeeping" turns down the beds and leaves chocolates and does a quick cleaning of the room! my kids loved that part, the chocolates! Now how are you going to keep grandma and grandpa a secret??? especially if they have a bag packed in their vehicle???? Good luck with keeping the secret and have a blast!

Hey, thanks for reading my preTR. That's a good idea, but now we kinda like the idea of saving $700:lmao:. As we get closer to our vacation, somehow hidden costs are coming up, like helping out mom and dad with expensive because my mom just got laid off from her job. Perfect timeing, huh? So, that money we saved on the 3rd room will now help in other areas like FOOD!!!!

Does the turn down service cost extra?? I was going to pick up some mickey cookies and milk for the kids also. The package deal is alittle pricey for me;)

Well, us being in Wyoming and the Grandparents being in California helps alot!!! Plus, we keep telling the kids that, "we are doing what we can" or "I dont' know if they will be able to go". So far so good and they are *buying* it!! We are trying to figure out how we want to surprise them...at the train station or the hotel lobby or in the room. Still trying to work that out.

We didn't request any extras like the bed being turned down......maybe it was & i just didn't really notice.....but there were always chocolates left on the bed!!!!! I brought all of them home for everyone to enjoy!

As for ordering little extras, call Vacation Planning at 714-300-7526 & ask them to email you a list of their baskets & ammenities.....even if you don't order anything.....it's still fun to look & dream!!!

Vacation planning will also handle all your PS!!!!! They are a great FREE service that can take care of the resies, if you want to do a tour, room service goodies, leaving the party pack bags (the ones we got for the kids for their birthday), gift baskets, etc. So give them a call & they can take care a lot of the work for you!!!! A hidden gem of staying at one of the 3 resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter