Charter flights

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
What's the difference between charter flights like Air Transat and other flights like on Air Canada or United? I was doing a search on Expedia and I noticed there was quite a big price difference on some. Are charter flights reliable? Is it better than driving to Buffalo to fly Southwest or Air Tran? I'm just curious about everyone else's experience before I go booking...

Charter flights by smaller carriers (i.e. Transat) can be just fine but:

1. They have few or no extra planes to replace the scheduled aircraft if there is a mechanical problem.

2. Due to fewer aircraft, the ripple effect of a late departure due to whether or mechanial can be greater.

3. Schedule changes can be more drastic.

4. If you miss the flight - too bad.

Originally posted by robsawatsky
4. If you miss the flight - too bad.

Thanks for the help :) One question about #4... Is that because they don't have very many planes? Or is it that the staff just won't help to put you on another flight? I haven't missed a flight before ... but I was just curious. It makes me a little nervous since I'll be flying in December...

They canned a whole day without blinking an eyelash!

We just flew Skyservice and wondered why they could show a movie (Finding Nemo) while Air Transat claims that there is not enought time?:confused:

It's a little bit cramped but with a 2 1/2 hour flight bearable especially if you are watching a full length movie, time flys! Sorry for the pun!LOL

Also with Skyservice, the seats you are assigned there are the same seats going back. Also, going down they limit you to 5 lbs for your carry on and are strict about it!LOL

Coming back they showed "Daddy Daycare".

Going down was a Turkey Sandwich, Coleslaw, Cookie and candy bar. Coming back was a Chicken Wrap, Coleslaw, Cookie and candy bar. Non alcholic beverages free, $5.00 for the other kind. On the way back they also had a Drink Special for $3.00.

Hope this helps.

Scratch
:smooth:

Thanks for the help Janet! Sounds like a decent flight ... :) I like watching movies on the plane, it really makes the flight go by faster. On AC, they show some weird Film Board movies, the news and a sitcom episode :rolleyes: I'm trying to figure out what a good price for December is...

How did things work out with the CAA agent? Did you speak to her after you got back?

She did send a postcard saying our next vacation will go without a hitch!:rolleyes:

Like I believe her!HA!

Oh yeah, on the way back we stopped in St. Pete's to unload and load passengers. We were there approx. 45 mins. Even DD did not mind this because they played "I Love Lucy" and "The Honeymooners" while we waited! And she hates layovers but this time did not mind it!

Oh great! We are travelling AC in January, she is going to be unhappy that they don't show movies!:rolleyes:

Keep checking their website www.flyconquest.com for specials!

Good Luck
Scratch
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter