Chase Freedom travel reward?

jerseygirl81

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of making a payment to Disney for our vacation package since Chase Freedom has 5% back on travel till Dec. 31st. When I looked it up at Chase is said airlines and Hotel, so now I'm thinking I would'nt get 5% back since its not directly with the hotel and it's a package not hotel only. Is anyone familiar with this? I was only going to charge the amount that I have already saved for the trip so there would not be any finance charge since I would pay it as soon as it appears on the card. Our payment isn't due till July so I would probably wait if I won't get the 5% back. Thanks, Linda :)

I have that card and I think the Chase site listed what hotels/chains were included in that 5%. HTH. We have been using our Disney Visa for our trip and all expenses the last couple months to use the points for our trip in Jan to help pay for food etc. I know I wish that one was 5% back ;)

Unlikely that this will qualify. If you look at the T&C of Chase, it's always what the merchant is classified under. I don't think Disney qualifies under any type of known merchant for these types of programs.

I don't think your package will be considered a "hotel" or "airline" by Chase. We were at the Boardwalk in November. We charged everything to our room (annual passes, TIW, dining, etc.) and met the $1500 spending limit during our trip. When we returned home, the charges appeared on our statement as 2 Boardwalk "purchases" and we received the 5%.

Starting in July, 5% back will include Theme Parks. I think there is a better chance your package will qualify during that quarter. I was trying to figure out what would qualify under Theme Parks. I think park tickets will... It might be worth a call to Chase to see if they can give better direction. HTH!

I don't think your package will be considered a "hotel" or "airline" by Chase. We were at the Boardwalk in November. We charged everything to our room (annual passes, TIW, dining, etc.) and met the $1500 spending limit during our trip. When we returned home, the charges appeared on our statement as 2 Boardwalk "purchases" and we received the 5%.

Starting in July, 5% back will include Theme Parks. I think there is a better chance your package will qualify during that quarter. I was trying to figure out what would qualify under Theme Parks. I think park tickets will... It might be worth a call to Chase to see if they can give better direction. HTH!

I also saw the Theme parks 5% back offer I was thinking park tickets may qualify, but not sure if anything else. Thanks, Linda :)

Unlikely that this will qualify. If you look at the T&C of Chase, it's always what the merchant is classified under. I don't think Disney qualifies under any type of known merchant for these types of programs.

I had trouble with my airline tickets in Dec. when they were at the 5% level. The merchant (Allegiant) for some reason isn't classified as an airline so we didn't get the 5% back on our $1000 purchase. I emailed and asked why and Chase said that it's up to the merchant to decide what they are classified as and for some reason Allegiant isn't classified as an airline.

They did give me the points as a courtesy but I thought that was odd and wonder if Allegiant even knows that they aren't classified correctly?

They did give me the points as a courtesy but I thought that was odd and wonder if Allegiant even knows that they aren't classified correctly?

Allegiant Travel Co. is a travel agency that just happens to fly its own planes under the Allegiant Airlines brand. It isn't classified incorrectly.

Also, for people who want to earn good cashback with Disney: Discover card, 5% back July-September.

Disney Visa is a terrible credit card to have for rewards earning - absolutely terrible. I understand having it for perks (which is why I do), but using it for rewards is dumb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter