Chatterbox Thread-Cmon in and Jabber! Everyone is Welcome!

eatmypixiedust

<font color=blue><marquee>I'm coming to you live f
adnsw9.jpg
Hi and Welcome! This thread is for anyone big or small, short or tall, cmon in and talk to us. :cutie:
5zqhdx.jpg
1zlcguv.jpg

Thanks Rochelle! Yay a brand new shiny thread. I was wondering about that since I noticed that the old one was getting close as I new from the diva threads that 250 was the limit. Thanks for doing that!! :)

How was everyone's weekend? Good I hope. Bernice that sounded like a whirwhind shopping experience but fun as well and a nice walk!!

We had another nice day yesterday. Just more relaxation which I am taking MUCH advantage of because we only have a few left before swim gets in to full swing in a few weeks and things go nuts! Yesterday the kids had fun playing outside and then Shelby went to her friends party and had a great time and we bbq'd and enjoyed the nice weather and are supposed to have one more nice day before the rain comes back tomorrow.

I normally work today but mom is busy so I am going in tomorrow insted which is good because I have to wrap shelby's gifts and do some chores round here and I am thinking about getting off my lazy bum and trying some exercise. I have been feeling so lousy for SO long I haven't been able to but I am feeling better FINALLY and really want to get moving. Plus for Katy's field trip on Friday we are going hiking so I thought I should get a little stretched out or I might PASS out lol!

I am really hoping this will be a fun week. Shelby is taking some cookies to school tomorrow to share with her class and is SO excited and then of course it is dinner and cake with my parents tomorrow night and we have swim practice all week and the girls have star testing T-Th so busy busy. I am REALLY looking forward to the field trip as I have not been up to Coloma in years and Katy's class has not had ANY field trips all year and I haven't done a field trip period since last winter with her 3rd grade class to a concert so I am VERY much looking forward to this!!

I am also excited about Shelby's party on saturday and have never been to this ice skating place and hope it all goes off well. We invited 12 kids and at this point I know 8 possibly 9 are coming so hopefully they DO come so it is not a washout. I am stuck paying for 10 whether they show or not.

Anywho that's bout it for me. I am planning on calling my doc this morning to talk to her about seeing if she will let me do the hysto instead of the ablation. I will get ONE of them done either way but I think it will be better in the long run to do the hysto so I really hope she sees my point of view because I just want to get it over with and I think it will be for the best so wish me luck!!

Talk later! :)

Hello and Good Morning,

Had a bit of a rough time over the weekend but I think I am getting a little better. I have to remind myself...baby steps, baby steps. I can't keep rushing and hoping to get over everything in a quick and short amount of time. It's definitely not fun..... :(

Yesterday I had my sewing class. It was the last session for this particular course. I made a tote bag for the first time. I was really nervous, didn't mess up too horribly or anything. I like how it turned out. :) Here are some pics:

IMG00614-20100426-0821.jpg

I chose a Tink fabric. Some of the workers in Joann's were asking me where I got the fabric because their store didn't carry it at all. I told them I got it at another local Joann's store. They really liked it and my teacher thought it was really cute. :) The front has a pocket on the outside.

IMG00615-20100426-0821.jpg

I chose a purple Tink print disney lanyard for the shoulder straps. :)

IMG00616-20100426-0822.jpg

Here is a photo of the interior fabric that I chose. It's also the inside of the front pocket.

I almost cried and freaked out a bit yesterday because I thought I had accidentally sewn the top of the tote bag shut by accident. :scared1: I asked my teacher if it was supposed to look like that and she told me to relax because all I had to do was shove the interior fabric I had sewn and push it into the tinkerbell part. I thought I had made a mistake but I didn't. Phew! :faint: lol

One of my classmates accidentally cut her tote bag fabric :scared1: I felt bad for her but luckily the teacher took a piece of her scrap fabric and used some fabric glue to cover it. She also said: "Oh no! I sewed the front pocket sideways and it's crooked!" I told her it was okay, it wasn't too noticeable because her pattern kinda blended it in. :) I told her the bag was cool itself though.

Yesterday I went to DL after my class. I needed to exchange something. It's really hard to shop for clothes there now because they got rid of all of the dressing rooms throughout the park and in DTD. :( I was told that it was a security issue because they had too many shop lifters. I can understand that and it's a bummer. I know I could always try them on in a restroom or something but it's hard to see how it fits. I had bought some Mickey cropped sweatpants. Luckily, I took it home and it fits well :)

Albort is hiding! He has avoided me the last 3 visits! hahaha. J/k Albort. :earboy2:

I had a nice time just walking around and people watching and eating a dole whip float. The line for the dole whip float wasn't bad. I sat down on Main St and just people watched. I laughed at how this little girl in a stroller had a gun that shoots out bubbles. She was sitting in a stroller and passing by and just shooting bubbles into the air. Then I see a bunch of grown men walking behind her, swatting at the bubbles like happy kids. :rotfl: I would probably do the same thing but it was funny to see.

I also laughed because I was in the gift shop at the GCH and this little boy was on a cell phone. He was happily talking to a friend I assume but said: "Dude, I went on Indiana Jones...it was so cool!" then he said: "Dude! Indiana Jones, it feels like you're gonna die!" I just chuckled when I heard that because it was hilarious how he described it. :rotfl: :lmao:

Since I hadn't eaten all day, I grabbed a late meal at Storyteller's. Their spaghetti and meat sauce is so yummy! :)

I did a bit of shopping and I got a custom leather bracelet from the store in Frontierland. I was a little uncomfortable in there because 2 CM's were complaining about another co-worker in front of me. I wasn't trying to listen to them but they were talking to each other and complaining while I was trying to pay and while taking down my order. :confused: That was a little weird but I tried to ignore it.

I also have booked a flight to NC to visit my cousin in about 2 weeks. I'm excited and am flying solo. My cousin has an 8 yr old daughter and I got her a custom bracelet with her name on it. I also had them put a Mickey and Minnie charm on it. I don't know what those charms are called but they snap them on. :confused3

The tram line on the way home was crazy busy. I was pissed because I waited and waited and finally get on board a tram. Well some Indian family forced their way onto the tram, even though it was full. They pissed off the people sitting in the first 3 rows in front of me. My row was packed and this guy shoved his way next to me, which forced the 3 people sitting to my left to become cramped. I felt like I was in a can of sardines. It was awful and the people next to me were angry. Their party couldn't fit on the tram and I don't know why they just didn't wait until the next one. They would have got on right away since they were in the front of the line. :headache: When we got off the tram, they exited to the RIGHT and the CM was telling them repeatedly to go to the left but they ignored her. She told them to get back on the tram and exit to the left side. :sad2:

Cute bag Pix!! We leave in 5 days!!!! I spent all day yesterday either sewing... I made the girls their Pirate stripwork jumpers... Now all the kiddos have something Piraty to wear on our first day.. The jumpers were supposed to be dresses, but they ended up being to short. So they are shirts. SO CUTE!! Now I just have their safari outfits, and the boys Mickey shirts. I cant wait to be done. I have 2 princess fabric dresses, 2 minnie dresses, 1 princess gown, 4 pirate shirts.. Just need 4 more safari shirts and 2 mickey shirts. I hope I get it all done. Plus we did laundry and packed. Mikalah has about 4 swimsuits! YIKES! I packed 2 for everyone, except me and Vinny.. We only have one each.

I fell down holding Jasmine on Saturday. SO SCARY. I was walking out of the dollar store.. We were getting some coloring books for the plane.. and I missed the curb. I knew I was going down, and I grabbed the back of Jasmines head so it wouldnt hit the cement. I brought all my weight down on my knee and fell forward. I thought her head still hit.. she was SCREAMING. But I think it just scared her, because she didnt even have a red mark from hitting. I was SURE we were going to have baby brains on the cement. Btu she was fine. I on the other hand.. Was not so lucky. I rolled one ankle, and messed up my other knee. It was so swollen. a WEEK before disneywold!! But yesterday the swelling was down, and I felt tons better. Now it feels okay, just all scraped up. And bruised up. Thank goodness! I am such a klutz!! DH was like.. NO MORE HOLDING THE BABIES FOR YOU!!! :lmao: As I was going down, I screamed for him to help me.. I dont know what I thought he was going to do.. Drop Vinny??:confused3:lmao: THIS is the problem with having twins. You BOTH have to hold a baby!

woohoo on 5 more days and all the cute clothes you made.

EEEK on falling, save the baby instead of yourself in typical mom style.. kudos!:thumbsup2 But :guilty: bummer on getting hurt, though it sounds like it will be healed before the trip.

yeah, that's funny.. HELP! Like what was he suppose to do?? He would need the green lantern ring to quickly scoop you up and still run back and grab Vinny. :lmao:

green-lantern-alex-ross-no-fear-movie.jpg

hmm, Justin said it would need to be the Flash instead. :rolleyes1 Apparently I don't know my super heroes.

flash2.jpg

Cute bag Pix!! We leave in 5 days!!!! I spent all day yesterday either sewing... I made the girls their Pirate stripwork jumpers... Now all the kiddos have something Piraty to wear on our first day.. The jumpers were supposed to be dresses, but they ended up being to short. So they are shirts. SO CUTE!! Now I just have their safari outfits, and the boys Mickey shirts. I cant wait to be done. I have 2 princess fabric dresses, 2 minnie dresses, 1 princess gown, 4 pirate shirts.. Just need 4 more safari shirts and 2 mickey shirts. I hope I get it all done. Plus we did laundry and packed. Mikalah has about 4 swimsuits! YIKES! I packed 2 for everyone, except me and Vinny.. We only have one each.

I fell down holding Jasmine on Saturday. SO SCARY. I was walking out of the dollar store.. We were getting some coloring books for the plane.. and I missed the curb. I knew I was going down, and I grabbed the back of Jasmines head so it wouldnt hit the cement. I brought all my weight down on my knee and fell forward. I thought her head still hit.. she was SCREAMING. But I think it just scared her, because she didnt even have a red mark from hitting. I was SURE we were going to have baby brains on the cement. Btu she was fine. I on the other hand.. Was not so lucky. I rolled one ankle, and messed up my other knee. It was so swollen. a WEEK before disneywold!! But yesterday the swelling was down, and I felt tons better. Now it feels okay, just all scraped up. And bruised up. Thank goodness! I am such a klutz!! DH was like.. NO MORE HOLDING THE BABIES FOR YOU!!! :lmao: As I was going down, I screamed for him to help me.. I dont know what I thought he was going to do.. Drop Vinny??:confused3:lmao: THIS is the problem with having twins. You BOTH have to hold a baby!

:scared1: Good gravy Staley! I'm glad that you are okay and that Jasmine is okay. No more falling down until AFTER you return from your trip!! J/k!! :laughing: I'm glad you are okay and those jumpers sound cute! Post pics so we can see! :yay:

Rochelle as always LOVE the bag! So cute and so creative using the lanyard as a shoulder strap! Sounds like you had a nice time at DL. Too bad about those cm's but I guess that stuff happens and best to just ignore it I guess. And that family, ugh! People can be SO rude! I am so glad that we never have to deal with the parking garage and trams. I have literally almost been pushed to the ground or run over by people trying to get on those stupid things. Personally I think if people do that they should be banned and have to leave!

Staley that is so exciting that you are so close and all those outfits sounds so cute!! I agree post pics! I would love to see them. I am so NOT talented that I enjoy seeing talented people's work. For the diva trip we had to make pillowcases and I couldn't even do that LOL. I bought mine. ;) That sucks about you falling. I am so glad you and the baby are ok! Or rather that you aren't WORSE than you are. I am accident prone myself and for a while there I could NOT go on a trip without something bad happening. I went to Las Vegas the ONE and only time I have gone and fell only about an hour after I got there and ripped my knee open down to the bone and ended up in the ER and could barely walk the rest of the trip. It was awful. I also got strep throat the only time I have ever been to hawaii and spent almost the entire trip in bed sick. I could go on and on but for awhile there that was how it went and it got to the point where I was almost afraid to go anywhere. But luckily that streak has seemed to have gotten a bit better. I hope that you feel better by the time you guys leave!!!

I got up and called the doc first thing and apparently she doesn't work on Mondays sooo I left a message now the question is how long will it be before she calls back or WILL she before I have to call her????

Anyway we are off to swim practice here soon. It will feel good for the girls as it was 84 today!!

Have a good rest of the day all!

Hey ladies. I have come to leave my mark on the thread! :goodvibes

Pix, I am so jealous that you get to go to DL whenever you feel like it. I didn't realise they didn't have changing rooms in the park, but now that you mention it I don't remember seeing any. Is it just recent?

Dh and I are going to see if we can squeeze a trip to DL in June. Just a weekend trip. Does anyone know if the first and second weekends in June are usually insanely busy? I told Dh we're pros and can handle the crowds but he's not too sure.

Good morning gals!

Xtina I think going in June should be ok although just know that WOC is opening and of course there is grad nights. But I have gone in June before and I think it is managable and if you are a pro at going first thing, using fast pass and doing magic mornings you should be fine!! We are going the 21st through the 25th and I am a bit nervous about the WOC crowds and we have a grad night one night but we have been during some of the busiest times so we can make due. Have a blast if you go!! :)

Today is my youngest's 9th birthday. Man I can't believe it. They are getting SO big. I so don't want them growing up. It goes SO fast. She is SO excited. I let her open one of her gifts this morning and she is taking some treats to school and then we are skipping swim practice tonight to go out to dinner with my parents and will go back to their house tonight to have cake and open gifts. So it should be a fun day for her. Then her party with her friends is this saturday.

I am off to work today and of course it is raining AGAIN what else is new lol. Otherwise not much else going on.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day and talk soon.

Yesterday

Went with sis for our usual walk the mall routine. Had Happy Monday $1 coffee at Caribou (our MN based version of Starbuck's).. mmmm cofffffeeeeee....:hyper:

Returned something at Herberger's (department store similar to Macy's), sis got towels at JcPenny's (she got a $10 off $10 coupon in the mail.. boo I didn't get one!) and we dropped the little rugrat at preschool.

I had $10 Kohl's cash burning a hole in my pocket (random promo mailed to me, made up for the lack of $10 JCP), the closest one we decided had a lame women's dept. Went a bit further and.. yep it was even smaller! :headache:

Sis found a blouse to go with her skirt for an upcoming wedding. I got some capri pants, wasn't happy with any of their t-shirts all they had were dark dark colors - dark blue, lots of dark browns and black... ugh!
Hey Kohl's it's spring, can we have pretty colors now??? :flower3:

Made lentil tacos that dh and I totally grooved on.
The boys response - meh.:snooty:
Too bad because it's going into rotation. :p

Did laundry today.

pet peeve rant here: if you are doing laundry in apartment building, do NOT leave home without taking care of your laundry. Other people do not want to touch your damp tightie whities you have left in the dryer all freaking day long!:scared: :headache::headache::mad:

Marching band season kick off tonight, opting to send Justin with his forms and he can ride bike home. It's more of an informational night for newbies and a chance to see the movie of last year's show. The song haunted me in my dreams last year with Justin constantly practicing flute and "singing" the bars when he wasn't using the flute , I truly do NOT need to watch it again. :eek: :laughing:

The first months are not terrible in terms of practice, it gets intense as we slide into late summer. All day and into the evening rehearsals three days a week, fundraisers, and parades every weekend. Too hectic for me, but he loves it sooo....

Thanks guys for the compliments on my tote bag :goodvibes

Christina- the dressing rooms they got rid of some time last year. There used to be 2 in World of Disney in DTD. It was located in the center of the store. They had a huge handcap/family one and then I believe there was a small one off in the corner where they keep the jewelry and tote bags.

There was also a fitting room in the shop in Frontierland next to the Golden Horseshoe, 2 in Clothiers on Main St and one in the store in Adventureland.

It's a bummer but I can understand why they X'd them.

I am waiting for the old man to come home.. I am hiding on the porch with the laptop until he gets here.. Jasmine decided not to take much of a nap today, so she is crab-tastic!! I am helping a woman that works with him plan a trip to Disneyland with her son. SHe saw his pictures on his desk and knew that we had been a bunch.. so she asked him a bunch of questions.. Like he knows anything! LOL!! So I wrote up some info for him to take to her. He said I should start a business planning Disney vacations for folks.. and sewing customs for their kids!:lmao:

Hes HOME!!!

Just wanted to share some pics :wizard: This is from Ariel's Grotto about 2 weeks ago. They changed up their menu and the food was not bad at all. Pretty cool. Here's the photos of the food:

P4190010.jpg

P4190002.jpg

P4190004.jpg

P4190006.jpg

P4190007.jpg

P4190009.jpg

P4190012.jpg

P4190015.jpg

P4190017.jpg

P4190018.jpg

P4190019.jpg

[/COLOR]

Outside Ariel's Grotto:

P4190020.jpg

P4190021.jpg

They give you an antipasta tower and it comes with salad and jello with fruit inside as well. I ordered the tri-tip and it was delicious. The cheddar mashed potatoes were so good but I had to force myself not to eat it all. :rotfl: I was really tempted to try Cioppino. Maybe next time :)

Morning all and happy wednesday!!

Bernice your shopping day sounds like so much fun! Plus band does sound like a big committment. We do a lot as well and I know how tht goes. Of all the things we do swim is our biggest committment. Once it starts we have practice EVERY day M-F and then meets every sat from May till the end of July with only 2 saturdays off. The meets go from about 6 a.m. till 4 and sometimes later. They are LONG days but we love to watch the girls compete and we make really good friends so it is worth it.

Staley I am with you on the Disney travel stuff. I have only been to DW 3 times but to DL more then I can count and I have been told as well that I should do the same thing. Sometimes I think it would be fun but it seems that there is so much that can be done on the net etc but I guess maybe there IS a market out there for people who maybe don't know or don't want to do it themselves. I would LOVE to do it if I could find a company to hook up with that I could get the connections.

Yesterday was a good day. I had to work but that was ok. Shelby took her treats to school and then I picked them up and we went to dinner and wouldn't you know my doc FINALLY called back and it was RIGHT in the middle of dinner so now I have to wait all day with baited breath for her to call back and I bet money she won't call till that same time again tonight so I am prob going to skip swim and let Shane go with the girls cuz I DON'T want to talk about THAT in public!

I just am nervous and anxious about it cuz I know that she didn't even bring it up last week and everyone keeps telling me it is hard to get docs to agree to do hysto's so trying to get her to see my side of it will be interesting but I HOPE she does cuz I really truly believe that I will prob end up with one down the road anyway and I don't want to have to go through TWO procedures. So I HOPE she calls and I HOPE she sees my side of it and agrees!! I will just be glad when it is over with and I can move on.

Anyway then after dinner we went back to mom and dad's for cake and presents and shelby was REALLY happy with everything she got so it was a good day/night!

Now today I am just going to hang round here and do some chores and "wait" for her call and then tomorrow I am working again since Friday is the field trip. I am anxious for that as well! Should be really fun!

Shane is off to take his contractor's license test for the 4th time so I am PRAYING he passes this time!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and talk soon!

Morning ladies! :goodvibes

Megan, People tell me that all the time about DL too. I'm always giving advice. :goodvibes I fell down one time holding my niece. I did exactly the same thing as you. Took all the weight I could to protect her.
I hope you are all healed perfectly for your trip! The outfits for the kids sound so cute. :cutie:

Kelly, Happy Birthday to Shelby! :bday: :cake:

Hi Bernice, Alison and Christina! :wave:

Pix, How is it going? Are you staying strong?:thumbsup2

Hiding on the porch, wish I had that when hte boys were small.. hiding int hte bathroom was just not the same..

mommmmyyy?? what are you doin' in der?
followed by little fingers wiggling under the door :laughing:

Now I hide in my bedroom, shut the door.. scratch scratch scratch meow??... get in here already! Worse than the kids.

I hit the motherload of garage sales this morning, it was so good that we went back after dropping little guy at preschool. Tons of women's clothes, not old lady stuff either (Lane Bryant and Old Navy brands) . :woohoo: Spent $9:
one pr capri jeans, 2 hooded lightweight long sleeve T's, 4 tanks for summer, long sleeve for winter, really cute top to wear now, cute t-shirt nightie with frog print (looked brand new) and a few dishtowels that looked new.

:yay:

It' so hard to find women's sizes at garage sales, unless it's some old lady elastic waist pull on pants, Alfred Dunner stuff, or the ugly sweatshirts with "grandma" or ugly flowers on the front. :lmao:
We spent a LONG time looking at just this one sale.

I :lovestruc garage sale season!

oh and did Wednesday doubles too, 4 stuffed full bags of yummy food for $9. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter