• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chauvin Verdict In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely didn’t say that he did deserved to lose his life. In fact I agree with the verdict and that’s the first thing that I stated ! What I don’t agree with is this hero status he has been given. I hope politicians and Hollywood take the same interest in the poor little girl shot and killed in Chicago at McDonald's yesterday as they did this felon who was still involved in illegal activity.
Then the rest of your comment wasn’t really needed.

Thanks for pointing out that the woman was neither pregnant nor beaten 14 years ago. The picture was that of a woman assaulted in Spain, 11 years later.
So that makes her being held at gun point OK. Apparently you have never been the victim of violent crime . Count your blessings on that.

Then I’m really glad you weren’t on the jury. I don’t know how you could have listened to the trial and come away with that opinion.
I watched most of the states case, missed some of the defense but I dont think the state proved beyond reasonable doubt, and it’s sad that those twelve did.

A very small step towards justice and equality for all. Derek Chauvin is being held accountable for his actions.

Now the real work begins in creating meaningful change that can ensure justice and equality for all. We need legislation. Meaningful legislation that seeks to ensure equity and equality are given to all Americans. We need to reevaluate our cultural norms and continually search for those implicit biases that have been ingrained in us since we can remember. We need to critizice the systems in place that continue to promote racism and target our BIPOC citizens. We need to listen to the experiences of people different from us.

We need real change so we can live in a different, better world for all.

One legal question I have for any experts out there concerns the charges. For some reason I thought prosecutors would charge someone with what they expected to be able to prove and used to select say murder over manslaughter if they thought that is what they could prove. Now here there was murder 2, murder 3 and manslaughter 2.

So could prosecutors always choose to file multiple charges like that if they felt the jury would convict on all? They just usually do not?
I'd like to bring your question back up before the thread gets locked. I'm not surprised there were three counts, but I don't understand how he could be convicted of all three. He only killed GF once. If they had assault (or other physical charge), I could understand.

I'm simply asking about the legalities. I am not surprised he was found guilty (I thought he deserved at least murder 3). I just don't understand how one death = two murder charges and a manslaughter.

I'd like to bring your question back up before the thread gets locked. I'm not surprised there were three counts, but I don't understand how he could be convicted of all three. He only killed GF once. If they had assault (or other physical charge), I could understand.

I'm simply asking about the legalities. I am not surprised he was found guilty (I thought he deserved at least murder 3). I just don't understand how one death = two murder charges and a manslaughter.
Someone can please correct me, but I believe it has to do with different actions leading to the death. So for instance, suffocation being 2nd degree, not helping him being manslaughter. (I know that part is not accurate, but showing that its the different ways of causing death being different charges)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter