Cheap and Easy Casserole...

Taylors6

Mouseketeer
Give me your fav...doesn't have to be pretty, just looking for easy (hopefully cheap) ideas for the nights I have to be gone to work.

Thanks!

Missy

Not everyone loves this, but my family is OK with it and it is really fast, easy and cheap.

brown some burger with onions and celery if desired. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup, some milk, pepper and any additional seasoning desired. Add precooked egg noodles and a can of corn...stir and enjoy.

This isn't really a casserole (more of a stew?), but it is quick and easy and my kids all eat it. I make it when I have extra left over chicken or turkey.

Mix and heat in a pot:
Two cans of cream of chicken soup
Leftover chicken, cut into bite size pieces
Bag of frozen mixed veggies (Sometimes I freeze small amounts of leftover veggies and use them when I accumulate enough)
Salt, pepper, minced onion (I use onion powder sometimes)
Milk to stretch the mixture, sometimes I add some water to thin it out also.

Cook one bag of wide egg noodles, drain.

Pour mixture over egg noodles and serve.

This is easy and you can make in in the morning, store in the fridge and cook when you get home.

4 chicken breast (cubed or whole)
2 cans cream of Chicken or mushroom(somethimes I will try one can of each)
salt/pepper to taste
1 box of stuffing mix
shredded cheese of your choice

Put chicken in a dish, dump soup on top. Cook 350 for 30 min. With 5 mins left, make stuffing mix on stove top according to directions. Put on top of casserole, spread cheese on top. Bake until cheese is melted.

This is very good. You could add veggies if you want.

Here is a quick one for cheeseburger casserole. Brown 1 pound of hamburger, salt & pepper to taste and add chopped onion if desired. Drain and mix with 1 jar of spaghetti sauce and 8 ounces of cheddar cheese. Pour into a square baking dish and top with unrolled refrigerated crescent rolls. Bake 15-20 minutes. To make it ever faster, I brown several pounds at a time, drain and freeze a pound at a time in baggies. Then I can just pull out the cooked meat to use as needed in casseroles, chili, tacos, etc.

My neighbor makes this--- "GREAT COMFORT FOOD"--- She calls it "GOOPY CHICKEN"--- its delicious

This is easy and you can make in in the morning, store in the fridge and cook when you get home.

salt/pepper to taste
1 box of stuffing mix

Put chicken in a dish, dump soup on top. Cook 350 for 30 min. With 5 mins left, make stuffing mix on stove top according to directions. Put on top of casserole, spread cheese on top. Bake until cheese is melted.

Cook aprrox 3-4 cups fo rice - mix in a large can of cream of mushroom soup (you don't cook it) - add 3-4 cans of tuna fish (drained well) - add a can of mushrooms (if desired) - mix in a cup or so of shredded cheddar - put in preheated oven (350) for about 15 to 20 minutes (just enough to warm it up)

I do not measure items when I cook, I just eyeball everything that is hy my recipes are a little vague.

Another recipe we like is a veggie casserole
I take phillo dough, put a layer in bottom of casserole dish, add a layer of brocolli, some shredded mozarella, another layer of phillo, some cauliflower, some shredded cheddar, some more phillo, some spinach, some cream cheese, some more phillo. Then cook according to the directions on the phillo package (it will tell you how long and what temp to cook the phillo)
This recipe can be varied in so many ways, add cooked beef crumblers, take out what ever items your family may not like, and add what you do like. This just happens to be one way we like it. BTW - brush the dough with some butter or margarine before adding each layer.

If you check out frugalvillage.com (go to frugal forums section) there is a great forum in there for cooking on a budget and with a limited amount of time.

Boil and drain any kind of noodles. Add a can of any kind of cream soup, and a can of tuna.

turkey pot pie soup camblells soup and ready made pie crust takes 3 min to assemble and 20 in the oven

Enchilada Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
12 corn tortillas
2 cups chedder cheese
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 can green chilis
1 small bag of Fritos (optional)

1. Brown ground beef and mix in soup and chilis.

2. Layer casserole dish with corn tortillas, top with half of meat mixritre, and then add half can of sauce and cheese.

3. Add another layer as above and top with cheese and crush Fritos.

4. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and casserole bubbles.

I can throw this together in about 20 minutes and it tastes so good! People always want the recipe!

Chicken Casserole
Crush 1.5 sleeves of Saltine crackers and mix with 1 stick melted butter or margarine (you can decrease this amount to enough to moisten crackers if you want to be healthier, but it is tasty with all that butter).
Put most of this on bottom of greased 9x13 pan, keep out about 1/2 cup. Heat one can chicken broth and mix in one can cream of chicken soup. Cool and add about 1/2 cup of sour cream and mix well. Drain and pour one or two large cans of chunk chicken over cracker crust. I like to sprinkle well with garlic pepper at this point. Then pour soup mixture over and sprinkle reserved cracker crumbs over top. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until crackers browning. Totally comfort food!

Chicken and rice casserole
Mix one can cream of mushroom soup, one soup can of milk, one can of chunk chicken (I kind of shred it), one can of mushrooms including water and one packet of Lipton Dry soup mix, Herb and Garlic flavored (I prefer H&G, but if you can't find can use Onion flavor). Mix, pour in 9X13, cover and bake I believe at 375 for about an hour, remove cover for last 10 minutes. This rice stays somewhat al dente.

Cabbage rolls without the rolling
Mix about 1 to 2 cups of cooked rice (do to your preference) with a pound of leaner hamburger, salt and pepper to your liking (or I prefer Cavander's Greek Seasoning) and a small to med onion finely chopped. In separate bowl, mix 2 cans of tomato sauce with about a tablespoon or two Worchestershire. In crockpot, layer a third of a small cabbage (I just slice it up). Then a layer of meat mixture. I pour tomato mixture and Greek Seasoning (or Salt and Pepper) over every layer. I usually get 3 layers of cabbage and two of meat. Prefer to cook high for an hour or two and low the rest of day, but if start early in day, can cook low all day.

Sorry some of my measurements aren't exact, but I don't measure, just do to your liking. These are hard to messup.

Chicken rice bake:

Empty two boil-in bags of brown rice ito casserole dish. pour 1 can cream of whatever soup over it along with a can or so of water. Put uncooked chicken breast pieces over that. Cover and cook at 350 until chicken is done through. Good with frozen broccoli added in too.

Lentil rice casserole: (I'm making this tonight) A great "meat substitute" dish. Very healthful! Very Easy! Very tasty if you like lentils.

1 small onion chopped
1/2 tsp basil
1/4tsp oregano
1/4tsp thyme1/4 tsp garlic powder 3/4 cups uncooked lentils (rinse first)
1/2 cup uncooked brown (long cook) rice
juice of 1/2 lemon.
3 cups water

Stir all into casserole dish. Bake covered at 300 for 2-21/2 hours until lentils and rice are tender.

Before serving stir in 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese.

Boil and drain any kind of noodles. Add a can of any kind of cream soup, and a can of tuna.

Yep, good stuff :) ...Here is my "recipe" not health food, but quick and easy (men seem to love this, by the way):

1 box Mac and Cheese
1 can tuna (you can use 2 cans if you really like tuna)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (I like to use the lower sodium kind since there is so much in the Mac and Cheese)

Cook noodles, drain, mix in soup, marg/butter, milk (as package says) cheese packet and tuna (you may want to add a little more milk), place in casserole dish, sprinkle a little parmesean cheese or crushed crackers on the top, bake in oven just to heat up and get the top crunchy.

The nice thing about this is you can make it ahead of hand, put in fridge, and then just pop it in the oven later, works well that way too. If you are sneaky, you could add some peas to it too!

Cook and shred chicken. Unroll a package of croisants. Stuff croisants with cooked chicken and cheese. Put stuffed croisants in the oven and top with 1 can of cream of chicken soup and a little water to thin it out. Bake for about an hour on 375.

To add to the "Cabbage rolls without the rolling"... Slice up some kielbasa and add the chunks to the meat layer.

Cook and shred chicken. Unroll a package of croisants. Stuff croisants with cooked chicken and cheese. Put stuffed croisants in the oven and top with 1 can of cream of chicken soup and a little water to thin it out. Bake for about an hour on 375.

To add to the "Cabbage rolls without the rolling"... Slice up some kielbasa and add the chunks to the meat layer.

What kind of cheese do you use for this??

salt/pepper to taste
1 box of stuffing mix

Do you cook the chicken first? Thanks

Quick and easy "lasagna"

Brown hambuger or ground turkey with onions and garlic, drain fat
add 1 large jar of your favorite sauce, I add brown sugar to sweeten the sauce
use cheese ravioli and layer in a 13 x 9 pan, spoon hamburger/sauce mix over it
sprinkle with shredded cheese, repeat layers. Bake at 350 until cooked thru
fast and easy lasagna, and cheap if you can get the ravioli and meat on sale!

marshallandcartermo:

You do not have to cook the chicken first. Thats what makes this so easy. You can change this anyway to fit what you like. It is so good. My kids love it and when we serve it to company they always ask for the recipe

My whole family loves this recipe!

Enchilada Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
12 corn tortillas
2 cups chedder cheese
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 can green chilis
1 small bag of Fritos (optional)

1. Brown ground beef and mix in soup and chilis.

2. Layer casserole dish with corn tortillas, top with half of meat mixritre, and then add half can of sauce and cheese.

3. Add another layer as above and top with cheese and crush Fritos.

4. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and casserole bubbles.

I can throw this together in about 20 minutes and it tastes so good! People always want the recipe!

Quick and easy "lasagna"

Brown hambuger or ground turkey with onions and garlic, drain fat
add 1 large jar of your favorite sauce, I add brown sugar to sweeten the sauce
use cheese ravioli and layer in a 13 x 9 pan, spoon hamburger/sauce mix over it
sprinkle with shredded cheese, repeat layers. Bake at 350 until cooked thru
fast and easy lasagna, and cheap if you can get the ravioli and meat on sale!

This sounds great! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter