cheap dining ideas...

We have done a simple dinner of 2 cans of tuna, some mayo (no refrig - throw away
left over from a small jar), and some fruit (and bread if you wish). Total cost - under
$10.

We do the tuna dinner twice a week. Major savings.

ALWAYS - Breakfast in the room (bagels, cereal, pop tarts).
My only exception is if we acquire Cindy's for breakfast and our last
breakfast before we leave.

Bring our own water bottles and most snacks.
Use the refillable mugs program.
We also bring our own paper goods to the hotel.

I hope the above gives the budget wise some ideas :)

Hi all--
My sister-in-law just turned me on to a cheap, easy, delicious breakfast ( I would even cheat and have these for dinner). She buys blueberry muffin mixes and mixes them with milk until they are pancake consistency, and makes blueberry pancakes! They are so good, you don't need butter or syrup or anything...but by all means, indulge, you're on vacation! I plan to pack my electric fry pan for these babies (we're driving from MA in fifteen days whoo hoo!)

i am a big crockpot fan!!!

I took mine to disney last fall (we drove) and saved a bundle. (We did eat some meals out, but the few meals we ate in the room or from the crock pot saved us lots of cash!!)

some simple things i make in my CP....

- meatballs and sauce....have meatball subs one meal and if staying in place with a fridge, have the leftovers another meal over spagetti.

- Mac and cheese (we add ham to ours to make a one dish meal) cooked noodles, jar of cheesewiz and a bit of milk OR subsitute cheesewiz with velveeta.

- mexican chicken...(a bit of prepwork here, but a nice filling FUN meal) cooked, cubed chicken breasts (@3), large jar of salsa (as hot or mild as you like), can of cream of mushroom soup, some chicken broth or water. Line bottom of crockpot with tortilla (sp?) chips, pour chicken mixture of above ingred over chips, top with another layer of chips. CP on low for as long as needed. (when prepairing, add more or less water/broth depending on how long unitl you eat. if going to be gone for very long - may want to add more water or broth so it won't dry out) We serve topped with grated cheese with a nice side of chips for scooping, but could also be served over rice. Serves @ 6

good luck and hope these helped a bit.

-lori

Sweet & Sour Meatballs - buy the fozen pre-made italian style meatballs, or Kielbasa if you prefer. Make a sauce of Chili sauce and grape jelly (equal parts). This stuff is so good, people can't believe you make it with grape jelly and chili sauce. If you prefer a milder version, you can substitute ketchup for the chili sauce.

Snowgod,
Your post made me laugh. I make the Sweet & Sour meatballs every Christmas Eve for our family party and people rave about them. I orginally got the recipe from my old Betty Crocker cookbook and used to make the meatballs homemade then one year I was running behind and just used the frozen and everyone still raved about them, so now I just use the frozen meatballs! I am almost embarrassed to tell people the recipe when they ask because it is soooooo easy! I just melt the chili sauce and grape jelly in the crock pot and then dump in the frozen meatballs, stir it all up and let it cook. By the time the party starts the meatballs are ready and every year they are all eaten up without one left over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter