• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheap(ish)hotels

jadelsp

Mouseketeer
I have looked through a ton of threads and feel like it is brand new. I am looking for cheaper hotel with low or no parking fees. I normally stay onsite or at the crosswalk but we are staying at the Grand end of August and then coming back 3 weeks later for Oogie Boogie so need a bit more of a budget spot. Any recent reviews tips or tricks would be appreciated. I have been looking at the Motel 6 and the La Quinta but reviews for both are hit and miss.

I know last year, we went to DL over Columbus Day weekend (crowds were crazy, but it was the first leg of a UT and AZ national parks roadtrip, so dates weren’t flexible), and we stayed at the Sheraton for around $150/night. Nothing fancy, but rooms were newly renovated and quiet, plus we could grab Coffee Bean for breakfast on our way to the park.

Book a room that's refundable and sign up for Grand Legacy at the Park's mailing list. They often share last-minute email deals which can be a great price.

I have looked through a ton of threads and feel like it is brand new. I am looking for cheaper hotel with low or no parking fees. I normally stay onsite or at the crosswalk but we are staying at the Grand end of August and then coming back 3 weeks later for Oogie Boogie so need a bit more of a budget spot. Any recent reviews tips or tricks would be appreciated. I have been looking at the Motel 6 and the La Quinta but reviews for both are hit and miss.
What is your budget? Because cheap to some is expensive to others

I would really recommend Desert Inn. It's nearby, clean, no frills but it's our go-to spot when we're not staying on-site.

They have different rooms from deluxe (two queens) all the way to multi-bedroom suites. You can get deluxe for around $200 during peak times.

I like the Clarion. It is clean and inexpensive. You walk out the front door and the ART bus stop is right there. Very convenient.

Thank you for the replies. I did look at the Desert Inn but they have no availability the nights I need it. I will look at the others.

Hotel Indigo would be another worth looking into for your dates. They have free parking too, so that helps if you have a car. No free breakfast, unfortunately, but you can easily grab quick items at CVS and Walgreens. The walk isn't too bad, about 10-15 minutes depending on your speed.

Is walking distance a necessity?

If not, I've stayed at the Comfort Inn on Katella (right off the 5) for years. I've recently moved to Hilton properties (because I have a friends & family discount), but it was always reliable. Clean, safe and free parking. (And a short and fairly cheap Uber/Lyft ride to the parks if you don't want to take your car.

(I say it's not walking distance, because it's about a mile walk/20 minutes. Some people do it, but this girl likes to save her feet for the parks, lol.)

Is walking distance a necessity?

If not, I've stayed at the Comfort Inn on Katella (right off the 5) for years. I've recently moved to Hilton properties (because I have a friends & family discount), but it was always reliable. Clean, safe and free parking. (And a short and fairly cheap Uber/Lyft ride to the parks if you don't want to take your car.

(I say it's not walking distance, because it's about a mile walk/20 minutes. Some people do it, but this girl likes to save her feet for the parks, lol.)

We've stayed here, too. It's a bit farther than I like to walk. You can walk to the Toy Story lot though. And one night we got a rideshare back.

Wyndham Anaheim on Katella has free parking and is walking distance. I've booked a room there and would like to hear if anyone has stayed there and if worth it?

Wyndham and Indigo have free parking. Hotel 414 has free parking. Kings inn has free parking. Alpine inn technically has free parking, but does charge a very small resort fee. We just got a killer rate at Alpine inn for thanksgiving week.

We have stayed at all of these places and would stay at all of them again. Wyndham and indigo are hotels. The others are motels.

Wyndham Anaheim on Katella has free parking and is walking distance. I've booked a room there and would like to hear if anyone has stayed there and if worth it?
Stayed here pre-pandemic; no complaints!

Wyndham and Indigo have free parking. Hotel 414 has free parking. Kings inn has free parking. Alpine inn technically has free parking, but does charge a very small resort fee. We just got a killer rate at Alpine inn for thanksgiving week.

We have stayed at all of these places and would stay at all of them again. Wyndham and indigo are hotels. The others are motels.

Oh, I forgot we stayed at Alpine Inn last November. Very simple motel, clean, no complaints, and walking distance! Our room backed up to the back side of RSR. Would stay there again! We're definitely budget travelers so I'll add to my previous comment suggesting Grand Legacy.
  • Desert Inn & Suites is my go-to budget hotel because the location almost can't be beaten. 😉
  • Grand Legacy at the park if they have a deal! (We got $94 + $17 parking per night last December)
  • Alpine Inn if it's just me and one other traveler
  • Comfort Inn on Katela if it's a budget trip with shortened hours. When we went in February 2022 the park closed at 8 pm so the extra travel time wasn't a big deal for us (shuttle from Toy Story lot in the morning, walk or rideshare at night but if the park is closing at 10 or 11 pm I prefer to be closer)

You guys are amazing. We normally stay at Desert or the BW Park place but since we are going to be there end of August at the Grand trying to keep it cheap ish for Oogie Boogie at the end of September. I let my husband pick the Oogie Boogie dates and it 3.5 weeks after our August trip last time he gets to decide LOL

We liked Kings Inn when we stayed there maybe 6 years ago. It wasn't fancy, but our room was clean and comfortable. Walking distance if you have the time.

If you can get an all in rate under $200 at Grand Legacy, we liked that too. Room was bigger and it's a lot closer to the parks. But from the rates I've been seeing this October, I am not sure you'll find a room there in that budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter