Cheap Lanyards?

prncess674

DIS Veteran
Anyone know a cheap place for lanyards? They don't have to be official WDW lanyards, just sturdy and cheap, suitable and comfortable to wear all day.

I don't know if they have them by you but 5below has Disney lanyards. I don't know the exact price, but it has to be less than $5. DD got one at Michaels a while back for 1 or 2 dollars. I've also seen solid color ones at The Home Depot for $1.

Now, the pins, those will cost you. ;-)

How much is a Disney Lanyard at Disney?

I wonder if I should have one bought there or by one on Ebay. I need one for a co-worker gift. Another gal is going to Disney and could get one for me, but I want to save money, if I can...

I don't know if they have them by you but 5below has Disney lanyards. I don't know the exact price, but it has to be less than $5. DD got one at Michaels a while back for 1 or 2 dollars. I've also seen solid color ones at The Home Depot for $1.

Now, the pins, those will cost you. ;-)

I dont know if they are all like this, but the ones I got from Michaels were sewn wrong. So one side of the lanyard was backwards. If you put it straight, then your lanyard was twisted in the back.

<<I dont know if they are all like this, but the ones I got from Michaels were sewn wrong. So one side of the lanyard was backwards. If you put it straight, then your lanyard was twisted in the back. >>

Lanyards are made that way. the velcro is put on opposite sides so it meets on your chest but will sit straight on your neck.
If you are buying lanyards make sure you get them with either velcro or a snap that will open when and if they get caught on something. I have seen people just use a piece of ribbon without the velcro and their kids have gotten them caught on railings, ride saftey belts etc, and they will pull on the neck and could cause big problems.

Home Depot has some cute lanyards with different designs. Not Disney but some cute ones. I think they are $1.25. I saw them last week when I got some new keys cut.

I got mine at the Walmart near WDW. I was picking up some groceries and wondered over to the souvenier section. The one I got has mickey and minnie heads on it and came with a clip on 'pouch' for KTTWC or fast passes and stuff. I want to say it wasn't more than $3.

<<I dont know if they are all like this, but the ones I got from Michaels were sewn wrong. So one side of the lanyard was backwards. If you put it straight, then your lanyard was twisted in the back. >>

Lanyards are made that way. the velcro is put on opposite sides so it meets on your chest but will sit straight on your neck.
If you are buying lanyards make sure you get them with either velcro or a snap that will open when and if they get caught on something. I have seen people just use a piece of ribbon without the velcro and their kids have gotten them caught on railings, ride saftey belts etc, and they will pull on the neck and could cause big problems.

Home Depot has some cute lanyards with different designs. Not Disney but some cute ones. I think they are $1.25. I saw them last week when I got some new keys cut.

Yes, but the ones at Michaels doesnt have any velcro. They just slip over your head.

I've bought them at both the dollar general store and the dollar tree for $1 each. I saw Hannah Montana ones recently at the dollar general.

If you want one with a pouch to hold your tickets and FPs, I found a really great one at Staples in the Nametags/Badges section. It is called a credential holder, and it has the narrow strap with a 3"X3" (approx) pouch with a clear front for your FPs, and a zippered back for CCs and cash. The whole thing is black nylon, except for the clear plastic window. It was $3.99, and for me it is perfect.

This is not the kind you would put pins on, the strap is too narrow.

Go to Walmart, thats where I always get them. They are in the mens section, by the belts and stuff. Usually $1.99.

someon here said there were mickey lanyards in the dollar section at target

I bought several at the Walmart near WDW. They have a pretty good selection, and they come with or without the plastic lanyard pouch. I always buy extras for the just in case times. They are inexpensive, too. These are for the Disney lanyards.:surfweb:

I checked our local Walmart, but they don't have them. I found some at 5 Below, but need the plastic pouch to go with it.

I got ours at Office Depot(tip from the DIS) for about $4. It had the lanyard and the zippered pouch.

I was looking for cheap lanyards too and autograph books. I was finding most that looked okay but still would still cost around $5. I found a seller on ebay "howddode" that makes custom autograph books with totes that have straps made out of lanyard material.:cool1: They cost me $13 which at first I thought was a little high but when they arrived I was happily suprised that for that price I got really cute and well made books with my kids names on them, a matching tote, the lanyard and a matching Mickey Mouse pen so it ended up looking really special. I also ordered pins from an ebay seller for a best offer price of less than $1 and free shipping. I ended up ordering the books for all my nieces and my own kids plus my mom who is a kid at heart. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter