Cheaper Tents

When we got our new tent (3 years ago/recently moved to popup camper) we practiced setting up the tent in the yard a few times. Made it a lot easier with setting it up at the campsite. I even went so far to spray it with the water hose to make sure there wasn't any leaks. I didn't want any suprises while camping. We did use the waterproof spray and seam sealer and never had any problems. :) Good luck and let us know what you decide to go with!

We got ours at Kmart. It is a Northwest Territory Bear Mountain Cabin tent. 18 x 17. I went on line and they are 195.00
We went down last fall. It was easy to set up, ( practiced setting up at home first ).
We had a queen size air mattress and 2 regular sized cots for the DD's, 15 ,7.
Has a divider that you can open, is not completely removable. There was plenty of room to walk around or sit on the floor and have dinner.
Also has an electrical cork pocket so your not running the cord through one of the tent doors.
Comes with a couple of storage pockets that you hang up.
We never took the rain fly off, just opened all the windows a little bit and that was plenty of ventilation.
The front canopy sticks out 5' from the tent, which is nice, especially with windows open if it rains.

View attachment 1851 View attachment 1852 View attachment 1853 View attachment 1854

We decided to go with this tent! Seeing the pictures really helped.
DH and the kids have already spent a few nights in it in the backyard while I opted to stay in my own bed. It was almost like being on a vacation not having to be the one helping the kids when they wake up in the middle of the night!

Those mattresses seem like overkill to me but then again we are all long time scouts and used to roughing it in our tents. Maybe a simple pad these days...

Think our tent is a Coleman too. Someone borrowed old Coleman, got it wet and didn't dry it out before returning. Mold and mildew....

some tents recommended on here that were in the $300-$600 range

1) Fortunately, others have given some really good options.
2) I wish I could help, but my camping days are long gone.
3) My "tenting" experience was In-Country, and I haven't wanted to tent-camp since.
4) Good luck with your search and purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter