Cheapest points

HatboxHaint

GrimGrinningGhost
Has anyone done a recent survey of which online rental companies have the lowest rates for renters?

Last edited:
The brokers that charge the least are also the ones that pay owners the least. Which means that they are not likely to attract a large number of owners.

Distressed points are mostly points that expire soon or have other booking restrictions. That almost always means availability is very limited or even non-existent.

If you wait too long to commit, it won't matter how cheap the points are. There won't be anything left to book.

I guess my point was that a few years ago David's DVC was the main service out there to rent points on a large scale. There are many others now and I was looking to see if anyone had done a recent comparison.

The cheapest way is to rent from an individual. Check the rental board here for people who are looking to rent their points. There are also Facebook groups out there for people looking to rent out their points.

This sponsor, The Timeshare Store, is the best I've seen at $17/point without charging for home privilege at "premium" resorts. There are some compromises like 100% payment upfront, no offered insurance, and one can't add the dining plan. Others offer this stuff but cost more overall. I've rented through the TSS and had a great experience.

David has sales on SSR reservations from time to time. You aren't going to get the newer resorts for cheap points, so you might as well check out David's Last Minute reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter