• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheapie Hotels. Any good experiences?

dskib

DIS Veteran
We’re considering a super thrifty trip to Universal. It’s been YEARS since we’ve been there. I’m trying to look at ways to do it inexpensively but still have fun. Non-peak season, so we would not be getting the express pass.

I know I could get something like a Super 8 for about $40/night, which would allow me to splurge more on Park activities and dining.

TripAdvisor reviews are typical - peopleeither say it’s great or it’s a total mess.

Has anyone had any luck staying at aplace like that?

I'm looking too. Just need a clean place to sleep for the wwek, not looking for a resort experience. Hotwire has some decent prices.

Keith

Use priceline, set your star limit and your price. Likely to get something better than Super 8 for $40 per night. But, there will be resort fees to consider too.

DS stayed at the Baymont in Celebration last year and it was fine for him. He never ate the breakfast, but they had one. It was a cheap room to sleep and shower.

You’re the second person who recommended that place recently! Is it safe there?

I’ve always felt safe. It’s a pretty sprawling complex with a lot of rooms. I can’t say if or how much security they have, but we had a problem with our smoke detector late at night, and maintenance took care of it right away. The rooms always seem pretty well maintained to me. There’s a clean pool area and playground. It’s on a busy street (close to the exit for either 194 or 4– not sure which), so there’s a lot of traffic, and it backs up sometimes. You can cross the street to Bob Evans or Perkins, and there’s a lot more restaurants a short drive away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter