Check out Polynesian construction progress…

It looks atrocious. Needs to be burned down. Legally ofcourse. By those in charge. But a burning to ashes it does need to not only wipe its physical presense off the face of the earth but to scare off the bad spirits that its very thought created.

I’ve been to the Poly but never stayed there, so I guess I don’t have the emotional attachment some people have… but I think the concept art looks really pretty.

Hopefully it doesn’t stick out too terribly.
I like GDT though, and guess that’s kind of a similar idea of a big building among smaller village type buildings at CSR.

It does look like the architecture is trying to be Hawaiian/Polynesian. Just really large in scale to its surroundings. Maybe the landscaping will help to minimize the intrusion of such a large building.

Hoping it looks better when it is finished.
Didn't mind the original concept art, except it was NOT Polynesian. It sill looks like a nice place to stay, but in the wrong location.

Shameful to tear down Spirit of Aloha for that. Cuts out a lot of the green space between the Poly and the Grand Floridian too. Almost makes it all run together, which isn't attractive. I love the Poly. Probably the place we have stayed at the most over the years. Can't find anything I like about this project.

Shameful to tear down Spirit of Aloha for that. Cuts out a lot of the green space between the Poly and the Grand Floridian too. Almost makes it all run together, which isn't attractive. I love the Poly. Probably the place we have stayed at the most over the years. Can't find anything I like about this project.
It’s the unfortunate reality of the polys location. Wedged between seven seas lagoon and the MK parking lot.

The construction at the Poly makes me so mad. We got married on that beach and this is our 10 year anniversary, not to mention it was a tradition to bring the kids to visit the beach every trip for photos since they were babies and now we can't do that anymore. My wedding destination is gone. I am heart broken. We also loved to hang out at Luau pointe where the big tree was, all gone. I am just so sad and upset that I think I will cry when we go back this December and see it all gone.

I'm really looking forward to the completed building. It will be nicely situated for views of the MK and fireworks. I have no doubt that Disney will theme the outside such that it looks like it belongs there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter