• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check price if you are Cat 11, Jan 2003

peg2001

<font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana
DCL has lowered the prices for some Jan 2003 cruises in Cat 11. Worth a check. My price came down almost $200 for Cat 11 for the Jan 19 Wonder cruise.

Peggy

Thank you for posting! We just decided to downgrade our January 4 cruise from a cat 10 to a cat 11 and saved $800! It hardly seems worth the difference in price, even with the secret porthole. I am SOOO psyched! Thank you again!

Lisa

Prices in the UK have also fallen. I had a Cat 11 booked for May 2003. The prices fell after booking so I altered it to a Cat 9 which is going to cost nearly the same. I had to pay an amendment fee of £10 each (about $16) but is was still cheaper to book the Cat 9. :D

It's not that all of the prices have fallen on these cruises, JUST cat 11. Cat 12 is currently listed at $1,000 MORE than cat 11! (this is for two people). I am wondering if they had a lot of last minute cancellations due to the virus thing?

Lisa

You are very welcome, Lisa. These boards have helped me so many times that I am very glad I could help someone else.

I do believe that DCL is probably taking a hit (fewer people booking cruises) from all the bad publicity recently regarding the virus.

Cat 11 is one of the easiest categories to sell since it is the least expensive for a family of 4 (Cat 12 can only hold 3, I believe). If DCL sells enough Cat 11s, there is bound to be some upgrades. :D If not, we are still very happy with our current room assignment.

Peggy

The price of Cat 9 definately came down (by more than the Cat 11). It may just be UK prices, perhaps linked to the exchange rate. I didn't ask why as I was worried it may be a mistake. We are thrilled to have a porthole for the price we were prepared to pay for an inside cabin.

Kay

Oops, sorry kay... I meant for the January sailings it's only the cat 11. I don't know what other savings there are for other months.

Peggy, I don't know if upgrades will happen.. BUT, part of me is wondering if the $800 that we saved would be enough to upgrade to a verandah at the port. The $800 difference in advance got us a cat 10 (secret porthole), so I'm wondering... hmmmmm...

Anyway, thanks again for sharing. I went to bed very happy last night!

Lisa

How exactly do I find out if my cruise price has gone down? My January 2 Wonder Cruise is sold out so I'm assuming the price would not change, right?

Ashley24,

Your best bet is to get on the Disney website and go through their quote/reservation pages to check on the price of your cruise. You are right though, if it is sold out, there would not likely be any discounts!

Peggy

Barb,

I know you're booked on the same cruise I am, and also booked through DU. I'm not sure what exactly Donna did but I was able to downgrade from a cat 10 to a cat 11 and have a negative balance of over $800 on my DU statement. I do need to check my CC and see if it was refunded.

Lisa

It is my understanding that the discount was available for catergory 11 only - no other discounted price was advertised for any additional categories. And 11 is sold out for the January 4th sailing.
Is this typical of a "sale" - one discounted category, yet the others remain originally priced?

Dawn Hope

Dawn Hope,

I just checked Disney's site and it looks like Cat 11 is not yet sold out for Jan 4 (though maybe at this point they are just giving GTY cabins out?). The price that pops up for 2 adults minus insurance and transfers is $1385 or something.

As far as specials in the past, I think USUALLY they advertise something like $599/person which is for cat 11 and similarly discounted prices in the other categories. This is the first time I have noticed a discount ONLY in cat 11 (though honestly it would not have been difficult for me to miss it before!)

Lisa

wow this is great , just moving this up the boards for others to see
peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter