check your rates NOW!!

disneyfreakk

<font color=blue>I sing Spongebob to my dogs</font
I just checked the HRH rates for Oct 26-Nov 2 and they are down to $205 for a garden room Super savers rate! Doesn't really do me any good because we have a suite upgrade, and its not showing suites online, but I thought I would post in hopes it helps someone else out! :)

PBH and RPH have both gone down too!

I have 2 connecting rooms already booked....can I just call them and ask for the better rate? I'm not sure how to go about this because I've never done it before...:confused3

Supersaver rate is fine for your suite upgrade. You can use the garden room super saver rate to get your suite upgrade with your platinum status. It doesn't matter what the price of the suite is, you should just be paying the garden room rate (if you are platinum status).

Will that work at HRH, since they are no longer part of the You First/Platinum Suite upgrade program? Perhaps that is grandfathered for previous reservations, and not new ones?

Ours went down a bunch as well. I'll call later to see about changing them and I'll report back.
Bob

Will that work at HRH, since they are no longer part of the You First/Platinum Suite upgrade program? Perhaps that is grandfathered for previous reservations, and not new ones?

Not sure. Since the OP says she has an upgrade, she must be paying for a lower value room. If the price of the lower value room goes down, that should be the new price. I assumed since she had a upgrade, it was still being honoured from Loews? Perhaps there is another reason for her upgrade but since there are no details about the other reward programs yet, that has me curious!

I was just able to re-book at the new rates. I called and asked and they kept the same rooms (adjoining), garden view. The rate went from $254 to $211 per night. We saved about $250 total.
Bob

I was just able to re-book at the new rates. I called and asked and they kept the same rooms (adjoining), garden view. The rate went from $254 to $211 per night.
Bob

Oooh, that's a nice savings!!!

Thanks for the info!!!!!:thumbsup2

Just shaved about $50 off our vacation price! That'll pay for a lunch in the park and a couple of cocktails! Thanks again!!!!:woohoo: :cool1: :banana:

Thank you so much, every litttle bit helps! This is why I think these discussion boards are the best.... because of helpful people like you!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all of the warm fuzzies guys! :goodvibes Glad I could help some people out!

LovePug, all you have to do is call them and ask them to change your rate to the lower super savers rate! Easy as pie.

As to the questions on my suite upgrade, I booked our room in January. I guess I was just grandfathered in for the upgrade. I have the last super savers rate applied to our room (around $226/night) The only way that I would be able to grab the lower super savers rate and have it applied to the suite I already have booked would if there were king suites available. And it doesn't show any, but i will keep looking! lol.

Thanks for all of the warm fuzzies guys! :goodvibes Glad I could help some people out!

LovePug, all you have to do is call them and ask them to change your rate to the lower super savers rate! Easy as pie.

As to the questions on my suite upgrade, I booked our room in January. I guess I was just grandfathered in for the upgrade. I have the last super savers rate applied to our room (around $226/night) The only way that I would be able to grab the lower super savers rate and have it applied to the suite I already have booked would if there were king suites available. And it doesn't show any, but i will keep looking! lol.

Hmm. That isn't the way I understand it. As long as the cheapest room is available, that is the room you need to have that price applied. If your rate is for a garden view room and that rate went down, your rate should go down whether or not there are any suites left. That's why it is always important to secure your upgrade early and then worry about rates later.

Is there anyway I can get the new lower rate without having to phone them all the way from Australia.....don't want my "savings" swallowed up by the cost of the long distance phone call. ;)
Currently my rate is $793.13 for 3 days for the 4 of us in a standard garden view room at HRH. I tried retrieving the booking and rebooking it to the new rate of $744.19 but it doesn't seem to want to accept because when I retrieve my booking again...the old rate pops back up again.
I thought perhaps I would send reservations an email but I can't find an email address anywhere. Even on my booking confirmation it states "do not reply".
Any suggestions would be appreciated :flower3:

damo,
thanks for the reply. I will call them and try to change the rate. We are staying for a week, so the savings will add up. :)

monty,
if you don't want to call, you could cancel the reservation you have and rebook over the Internet. However, *I* would not cancel my reservation until I had the other one. Lets say I have our room booked under my DHs name, I would make a new ressie under my name and then cancel DHs ressie as soon as I got the confirmation number under my name.

damo,
thanks for the reply. I will call them and try to change the rate. We are staying for a week, so the savings will add up. :)

monty,
if you don't want to call, you could cancel the reservation you have and rebook over the Internet. However, *I* would not cancel my reservation until I had the other one. Lets say I have our room booked under my DHs name, I would make a new ressie under my name and then cancel DHs ressie as soon as I got the confirmation number under my name.

This is very do-able.Did it today myself.Booked last week and they had NOO RPR rooms available.Today checked again and RPR has the room we wanted..

I love HRH but I shaved off $80 switching to RPR..:woohoo: Thats a good dinner at Thcoup-Chop to me...OPEN TABLE HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always keep a eye on the rates,they change and you should take advantage of it!!!!

monty,

The only problem with this is the deposit from the original reservation is going to be refunded based on the current currency conversion scale, NOT what they originally paid. If their currency has tanked at all, they will actually be losing money, because the refund is based on the exchange rate now, not what it was back then.

Thanks for reminding us to check lol! I just got an APH rate for $144 Christmas week and I did have AAA $226. It only cost me $85 to upgrade my ticket to an anual pass. I even added a day to our trip and am still saving money! WOOHOO!! I started with a SS rate of $259. Not to shabby if I must say! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Woo Hoo! I called and saved myself $208.12. I just LOVE saving money! lol

At the time We booked a room,there was only HRH @$234 a night for this weekend..I checked the website and RPR has a stanard room with a king bed for $169.So I cancceled the HRH and booked the RPR.That gives me$65 aday savings.We only booked two nights.SoThats a total savings of$130...:cool1:

That will give me a night of dinning at Thcoup Chop open table with money to spare!!!:banana:

Always check your rates,if they go down change it and save yourself some$$$$>>>Your gonna spend it at the parks or resorts somewhere>>>>>>>>>>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter