Checking in early, online

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
We will be at Pop Century in 10 days! Very excited!! Anyway, I went ahead and checked in on line. I'm assuming as we get closer to check in day, they will send me a text with my room number? How does this work? TIA

You should get your room number text after your room is ready.

You won't get it before it's ready, but it may not come at all for some reason.

If it doesn't come by the time you arrive at the resort, go to the check in desk.

Once (if) you get the text with your room number, your magic band will work to get into the room, you won't have to stop at the front desk away all.

We will be at Pop Century in 10 days! Very excited!! Anyway, I went ahead and checked in on line. I'm assuming as we get closer to check in day, they will send me a text with my room number? How does this work? TIA
You won’t get your room number until your check in day. Never earlier, because when you get your text with your room number it means you can actually get in your room. And, as the previous poster said, if you don’t get a text before you get to your resort, check with the front desk, because, sometimes the text never comes even though your room is actually ready for various unknown reasons.

IF you are eligible for direct to room check in you will receive your room number at some point the day of via text, email, or be sure to look in your MDE app once you arrive.
If you don't receive a room number you'll have to go to the front desk.

We usually get a text early to mid-afternoon on check-in day. This time we did not, but we checked MDE after 3pm and the room number was there. Also, we have a car, and when we stopped at the security guard shack, the guard told us our room number. Later that evening, around 11:30, we got a text saying our room wasn't quite ready (we were unpacked and in the room at the time), and at 3:11am, we got a second text saying that our room was ready. So Disney has some work to do here . .

Thanks everyone! We don't land until 6pm on arrival day, so I don't expect to be at the resort until at least 8pm. Guessing I might have my room number text before we leave Maryland!

Thanks everyone! We don't land until 6pm on arrival day, so I don't expect to be at the resort until at least 8pm. Guessing I might have my room number text before we leave Maryland!
If you don't get the text, check the MDE app. There have been times that I didn't get the text but my room assignment was in the app.

You may or you may not. My past trip was the only time I've gotten the text.

Some people still "have" to go to the front desk. There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason why.

I stayed at Poly in September, I didn’t get a text until 3 days later. I went to the front desk at 3:00pm and they said it was ready 10 minutes before.

I'm assuming as we get closer to check in day, they will send me a text with my room number?

Assume nothing.

It’s not an absolute that you get that info early or by text. I’ve never gotten a room ready text based on online checkin, and only once based on front desk checkin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter