• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheddar Cheese Soup To Go?

bubbaloo311

Mouseketeer
This may seem a bit weird to ask but here goes.

My DH loves the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup from Le Cellier. So much so that we served it at our Disney wedding. I haven't been able to get an ADR for Le Cellier and I'm not really upset about that. But I want to make sure my husband gets his cheddar fix. If it was during the F&W Festival I know we could get sample sized soups. But in December I don't think that will happen. Do you think it might be possible to go to the restaurant and ask for 2 bowls of soup to go?

Just wondering???

Thanks for your replies.

I don't know about that (I actually doubt it though:confused3), but have you ever seen the Delicious Disney cookbooks they have in the parks? Take a peek in those and maybe the recipe is in one of those and you could TRY to recreate it at home. I have one with a potato soup that is DELISH!!!

There has been several posters on this site that have been successful by getting the cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier by just walking up to the check in counter and asking the CM. If they're not overly busy they'll be able to get you some soup/pretzel bread to go. It's worth to ask.

The best answer is maybe, and maybe not. There have been some posters who were able to get it and some who have been turned down. Because Le Cellier is so busy lately, it seems more recent requests have been refused.

I've nerver been turned down! Soup and pretzel Bread to go! Jun 09/May/09/Feb/09
It's rather a small container but it's still as good!

Thanks so much for the replies. I figure that maybe we can at least get our soup fix fulfilled while we're down there.

We had no problem doing it a few years ago. The order was very, very small & not worth the what they charged at the time. Have not cared to do it since.

One of the boardwalk restaurants has a "beer and cheddar soup" but I have not had it nor do I know if it is as good. Anyone here try it?

We love the Canidian cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier so much that we ate there last trip just for that! I don't want to go back for the rest of the food... but I have an excellent solution: Make it at home!

I can't remember if we can post allearsnet links so mods feel free to remove if it is not okay.. if you google it, the recipe I use is the first one listed and it is at allearsnet.

http://allears.net/din/rec_ched.htm

Two things to remember.. it is best made with Canadian beer and a good white cheddar cheese.. I have had great success with Cabot brand (it is at Walmart here), as they don't sell Black Diamond anywhere here that I can find. Also remember to use whole milk if you want it like the restaurant!

We like it here at home with Sourdough bread! It is really very easy to make.

One of the boardwalk restaurants has a "beer and cheddar soup" but I have not had it nor do I know if it is as good. Anyone here try it?

We tried the cheese soup at the Big River Grill/Brewery place summer 08 and thought it was good substitute for Le Cellier ( we couldn't get in that summer) but we ate there again this summer and BLECH....NOT GOOD. However we did get a lunch ressie at Le Cellier and IT WAS YUMMY as usual. That is my favorite thing at LeCellier...oh that and the chocolate "moose". :rotfl:

I tried the Big River Grills Beer Cheese Soup and it really is much different than Le Cellier's. I do make Le Cellier's version at home. My son is a true soup officianado, if a restaurant offers soup, he's trying it and it doesn't matter what's in it.

There are so many different viarieties of Beer Cheese/Cheddar soup, Le cellier ranks very high among our favorites!

We tried the cheese soup at the Big River Grill/Brewery place summer 08 and thought it was good substitute for Le Cellier ( we couldn't get in that summer) but we ate there again this summer and BLECH....NOT GOOD. However we did get a lunch ressie at Le Cellier and IT WAS YUMMY as usual. That is my favorite thing at LeCellier...oh that and the chocolate "moose". :rotfl:

I love the soup too but DD only wanted to to back for the moose! She liked it so much to took a picture last christmas and uses it as her wallpaper.
:rotfl2:

pics055w.jpg

Ooohhh good to know. My November is a lunch ressie at LeCellier so I am in on the soup! :thumbsup2

I tried the Big River Grills Beer Cheese Soup and it really is much different than Le Cellier's. I do make Le Cellier's version at home. My son is a true soup officianado, if a restaurant offers soup, he's trying it and it doesn't matter what's in it.

There are so many different viarieties of Beer Cheese/Cheddar soup, Le cellier ranks very high among our favorites!

I knew you all would know here on the Dis :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter