• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chedder Cheese soup from LeCelier

goofytiggerfan

Mouseketeer
Can you get the chedder Cheese soup anywhere else in Epcot or just at LeCelier? I really want to try it, but not a fan of any of the other food on the menu. Thank you for the info!

It is available at the Canada booth during F&W. Biergarten occasionally offers a version (and it is better than Le Cellier's, IMO, not as salty), but there is not way to know far ahead of time if it is being offered. That is it, far as I know.

It is available at the Canada booth during F&W. Biergarten occasionally offers a version (and it is better than Le Cellier's, IMO, not as salty), but there is not way to know far ahead of time if it is being offered. That is it, far as I know.
Biergarten actually makes a cream of potato and leek, as well as cream of asparagus and cheese I believe...but not a beer/cheese soup like LC. Both soups at biergarten are great and so much better than LC beer cheese soup.

You can get it takeout at Le Cellier. It's the only thing I wanted to try on their menu so I walked up to the front desk and asked for it. It came out about five mins later in a to-go cup. Just be warned, when they ask you if you want one or two breadsticks, they mean serves. I said "two" and ended up with six sticks. Also, gratuity is automatically added.

I agree that you cannot count on being able to get a cup of the soup "to go". None of the WDW restaurants are equip to handle traditional take out/to go orders, so it's a matter whether they have someone that can process the order (a server) and the capacity to add the order to the ones in the dining room. I've heard of others being able to get the soup, but I've already read (here on the Dis) that others were told they could not order "to go" items. So it's one of those, you can always ask, but be prepared to be told it's not possible at that time.

Other than the Food & Wine Festival at the Canadian booth I don't think you can get the Cheddar Cheese Soup other than in Le Cellier.

My understanding about the to go option at Le Cellier is that it is a YMMV situation. If they are busy, they may not do it.

Agreed. I wouldn't depend on getting the soup to go.

To the OP - if other members of your party think the other options are good, then just go and get the cheese soup as your meal. Nothing says you have to get anything else at all.

I just noticed that Big River Grille which is a few minutes' walk from the back entrance of Epcot has beer cheese soup on their menu too. I know nothing else about the place, just wanted to mention it. :) But disnut8 has an excellent point.

If you can score an ADR you can just order the soup with the breadsticks, no obligation to order a full meal. We book a lunch ADR every trip, have a bowl of soup each with breadsticks, maybe split another app if we're in the mood. We do try not to linger so they can turn over the table, but got to have our soup fix!

Thank you for the info I may have to make a lunch a dr just for me and have some soup haha. I don't think the hubby and kids would want anything from there lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter