Cheeeeez!!! Tinkerbell Photo at MK?

MinnieTink

DIS Veteran
Some friends of ours were in WDW about a year ago, and had their picture taken by a WDW photographer, on Main St, in front of the Castle. :earsboy: :earsgirl: The coolest part was that the photographer had 'the dad' hold his hand a certain way and when they bought the photo, Tinkerbell :tinker: was seen in his hand. My younger daughter is a big Tink fan, and it would be a great treat for her...does anyone know if they still do this? Thanks!!

Also, on the Tink subject...where is the best spot to see her fly over head at the fireworks? And does she do it in the beginning? The end? The middle?
Thanks again!!!
:)

We were there in October and overheard a set of parents ask the photographer for the Tink picture. I didn't have any idea what she was talking about but requested it anyway... so yes, they do it but you might have to ask for it. As for the other, I don't know...

yes, they still do it. there's also hook by potc, hitchhiking ghost by haunted mansion, simba in dak and stitch along hollywood & sunset blvds in mgm.

as far as seeing her fly, pretty much on main street. she does it within the first few mins of the show or so. you can also stand around the bridge to tomorrowland (you can see the cable in daylight), so that's her path.

When we went in Sept, Tink just about flew right over our heads. We were standing on the bridge from Tomorrowland about in the middle. My dd STILL talks about how "real" Tink is and that she got to see her fly. It was pretty neat. She starts the fireworks every night. :tinker:

I had heard a rumor quite some time ago that she was going to become a character in costume due to her popularity but I haven't really heard anything else about it since then, maybe someone else on here knows about it.

Kim

I wonder with the new Tinkerbelle movie coming out, if that will make her come out has a character... that would be nice. I would love to see her, and I'm sure that she would be be quite popular.

When we were in WDW in 2005, we had our pic taken infront of the castle. The photographer told my DH and I to hold out our hands together to form a cup. I was holding our then DD2 and my DH was holding our DD4. Once we got home and viewed all of our photopass pics, we had to immediately buy that particular one because just as the photographer snapped the picture, my DD2 looked down at our hands and gave the most priceless look, it was like she was so happy to see Tink was right there. The funny thing is, she was just reacting to how my DH and I were holding our hands. It just goes to show how truely pixiedust: WDW really is.

Last week when were there, we had our picture taken on Main Street two different times and both times the photographers asked us to do the "hand thing" to put Tink in there. If you go and aren't told to do it, it never hurts to ask, right? And for the first time, while getting our pics taken in MGM in front of the Sorcerer's hat, we were asked to do "drama poses" like we were actresses/actors. Funny stuff!

IMHO, the best place to see the fireworks and see Tink fly is at the end of the side walk between Main Street and Tomorrowland. At the end of Main Street, turn right and follow the side walk that goes along next to the pond (usually there's a street vendor cart, and you turn just before that). Go almost to the end of the walk where it joins up with the street that leads into Tomorrrowland, and pick a spot to lean up against the rail. It's hardly ever crowded there, and you'll get good views of the front of the castle, plus Tink will fly overhead just to your right. Get the camera ready!

awesome, thanks for posting this.
I will most definately being going to ask fo this photo infront of the Castle as soon as I get there.
Tink is by far my fav, and I certainly will look my best fresh and crisp in the morning.

This is from X-mas but not all the photogs on mainstreet do it you have to find the one that does.

image192.jpg

A friend of mine told me that her parents were told to hold there hands out and they thought it was really odd until they saw the picture with Tink in their hands. I am a huge Tink fan and want to have that done, so thank you for letting us all know that they still do it. I can't wait!!!! :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter