Cheeky 1 Day Visit - PTR

cdsmiler81

DIS Veteran
Hello all!

I made a promise to myself that I would NOT start this PTR until I'd written my TR from our visit in October. Well, TECHNICALLY it's all written, all the text is done, but I need to get on my old PC to get the pictures before I post it on here. I PROMISE I'll get it done within the next 7 days!!

So this PTR is for a quick sneaky cheeky 1 day visit on 22nd May 2015!

We just couldn't resist. We're off to the South of France - driving - to visit family over the half term holidays. Well, we've just re-done our kitchen, gotten out all our Disney crockery and realised that we may 'need' some other bits! So DH suggested that if our route down took us near, maybe we could pop in to the Village for some shopping and a Disney meal? Well, I'm sorry, but with a 5 year old there's NO way we could go that close to the parks without going in!

So after looking at the Disneylandparis.fr day tickets, and DH's offer to pay for us to stay in one of the partner hotels (rather than somewhere cheaper and further away that would require us to drive in or catch a train) as part of my birthday present (my birthday is while we're visiting family the next week!), that was it!! We needed a stop over on the way down anyway - too much to drive in one day, although we have done it before. It's a long day!

DD doesn't know anything about this at all! She know's we're visiting family in France, but that's it!

CAST

Me! I will be 30 weeks pregnant at the time, so this will be a first for me! But with two people who are too scared/little to go on the faster rides I love (but wouldn't be able to go on this time anyway!), it won't be too bad!! DLP mad - LOVE the planning almost as much as the visit itself.

DH - scared (ha!) of bigger faster rides, but will be on ride duty this time around with DD and any rides I'm not allowed to go on! Namely Pirates and Star Tours I'm guessing (I'm not keen on Star Tours - makes me feel motion sick!) Although doesn't really get involved int he planning, he misses DLP when not there, and loves looking through menus for our food plans! (We're both big foodies!)

DD - 5 years old and starting to get braver with rides. Doesn't know about this trip, and won't until we're at the hotel! Loves a different aspect of DLP everytime we go, and loves meeting characters, especially Princesses, female villiains and Caption Hook!

Where
Magic Circus Hotel for 2 nights. We've stayed at the Dream Castle and thought it was lovely, so thought we'd stay in this one this time! Great to have the hot items for breakfast and a shuttle into the park!

Looking forward to reading along and Congratulations on bump :goodvibes

Following along C. :goodvibes Look forward to reading more. :thumbsup2

Thank you both!!​
What I also should have mentioned was that we were categorically NOT returning to DLP until the new baby was about 2 1/2 - that was the age we first took DD and that was a great age, but you know, Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men..... I blame the MICE!!!!!
Tickets
Well, the original plan was to get us all the cheap 1 park day tickets from the French DLP site. However, since then we've discovered that due to weird Easter holiday dates in our area, it looks like we can take DD on holiday next March, during official Easter holidays, but the prices are looking REALLY good! But that's all for another PTR! Ultimately though it means that we're now buying 1 annual pass (probably in DH's name as he's also the shopper and money looker-afterer during the trip), and 2 day tickets for me and DD. He's now decided that we should go for a Dream pass for the bigger discounts - and knowing how much he ends up spending, I'm happy with whatever!!! lol

Food
So, we're arriving on the Thursday, and heading in to the Village for shopping purposes (rather than fitting that in on the Friday too and having to carry stuff around!), and to cover meet and greets for our visit (takes a chunk out of our day otherwise!) we're going to treat ourselves to dinner at Inventions. We all loved the food in there last time, and we had a nice mix of characters (SLIGHTLY more varied than Cafe Mickey!). So we'll do that - also means we can pop in the DLH shop which is lovely, and with DH's AP he can also pop in to Main Street to the kitchen shop there if there's anything we couldn't find in the village! lol Shoppaholic or what?!
Friday breakfast - we'll have a decent breakfast with hot items in the Magic Circus. We can't all go in for EMH so there's no rush.
Lunch - IF we want anything, Hakkuna Matata is open! :)
Dinner - we won't stay for Dreams as we have a long drive the next day, and we HAVE seen Dreams before (and with a return visit planned for the next March.....) so we're going to head to Annettes.
So the only reservation we need to make is for Inventions.

Rides & Other Plans
We're only going in the main park (which helps suppresses my urge to go on rides that I shouldn't while pregnant - namely ToT and RC Racer!!! lol).
Space Mountain is closed - no biggy for us.
I know I can't go on Pirates (will see how big the bump is as to whether I'll sneak on as I'm sure I'll be safe!), BTM (again, no biggy as the others don't like it)... but other than that I think all the child friendly ones will be fine! DH will take DD on Star Tours (especially as it's looking to be closed next March and it's currently her favourite!!).
Anything I may have forgotten or need to consider???

Extras
I've since discovered that being pregnant it seems I'm entitled to an Easy Pass! Wow! So, I'm not in the habit of taking advantage of this type of thing (I'm only pregnant afterall!!!), but I WILL use it for the Princess Pavillion for DD (I've served my time queuing normally in that place, so I think one day where we can have a lesser wait is deserved!!). Maybe if Rapunzel is around too - as DD has never met her. Also, depending on ride queue times, we MAY use it occasionally if there's a long wait - what with only being there one day - see how my feet are doing. Nice Pixie Dust for us.

Things to do:

• Order Annual Pass via post to save time in May
  • Buy one park one day mini tickets for me and DD
  • Check DD's password - horrible feeling it's run out!!
  • Make reservation for Inventions!
  • Order EuroTunnel tickets with Tesco Clubcard vouchers once I know when we're returning! (Waiting to hear from family - long story!)
  • Book cheap hotel for drive back up through France.

Am I missing anything???? lol

Extras
I've since discovered that being pregnant it seems I'm entitled to an Easy Pass! Wow! So, I'm not in the habit of taking advantage of this type of thing (I'm only pregnant afterall!!!), but I WILL use it for the Princess Pavillion for DD (I've served my time queuing normally in that place, so I think one day where we can have a lesser wait is deserved!!). Maybe if Rapunzel is around too - as DD has never met her. Also, depending on ride queue times, we MAY use it occasionally if there's a long wait - what with only being there one day - see how my feet are doing. Nice Pixie Dust for us.
Am I missing anything???? lol

C, you say "taking advantage" as if you think you'll be doing something wrong - you won't be. You are entitled because it's not good for your baby if you stand for long periods and wear yourself out. I would recommend you do Meet Mickey as well - never takes too long and the photos are always fab. :hug:

Talking of photos, do you have one of the Thompson's 20 Euro off photopass + vouchers that are kicking around. Well worth 29.99 for photos even if you just do princess pavilion. If not shout and I'll find it for you. :goodvibes

C, you say "taking advantage" as if you think you'll be doing something wrong - you won't be. You are entitled because it's not good for your baby if you stand for long periods and wear yourself out. I would recommend you do Meet Mickey as well - never takes too long and the photos are always fab. :hug:

Talking of photos, do you have one of the Thompson's 20 Euro off photopass + vouchers that are kicking around. Well worth 29.99 for photos even if you just do princess pavilion. If not shout and I'll find it for you. :goodvibes

No, I know, but I'm otherwise perfectly healthy, and so far the pregnancy has been a breeze, so I feel a bit guilty and would rather other people have those opportunities! But I will swallow the guilt and make the most of it for this one visit! lol

We were REALLY lucky at meet Mickey on DD's 4th birthday - because it was her birthday we got sent through to the front of the queue (which she then delayed by doing a pin trade with the CM there! Whoops! lol) - but it could be an option!

No, I haven't seen anything about the Thompson's 20 euro off photopass+!!! Where can I find that? And I take it that that's a buy on site offer? Thanks!

C x

Howdy all!

Thought it was time for an update!

REALLY pleased that this new Annual Pass PhotoPlus + has come in, AND it's reduced while we're there for our one day visit! So now DH has his Dream passport (see below for more details on that!) we can buy that the Thursday evening so it doesn't eat into our Friday, AND it will cover next March's trip too! Yeay!

Annual Pass: We sent off through the post, in the hope we'd get it to DLP before the end of March and before the price hike (which wasn't as bad as it could have been!). Sent it recorded delivery and had confirmation that they had received it on the 27th March. Phew, just in time. But kept checking the bank and no money had been taken out!! After numerous emails, we noticed that FINALLY money was being taken out about 2 weeks in to April. What I was most concerned about was that our application had gotten lost in the DLP offices somewhere and I wouldn't know WHAT to do about getting an AP - buy on the day?? Try sending off again?? But fortunately I eventually had an email back (to be fair I had a number of emails back, all of which included people not really knowing too much but trying to be helpful regardless!) confirming that the Passwort had been made, posted (and confirmed our address) and should be with us in another week or so. And it arrived!!! Yeay! Phew. I think I made it more stressful than it needed to be with an upcoming trip, and renewing maybe a little too close to that date, but there we go! Well done DLP!

Update on the To Do List:

Things to do:

• Order Annual Pass via post to save time in May - BOUGHT
  • Buy one park one day mini tickets for me and DD - in the process of doing now!
  • Check DD's password - horrible feeling it's run out!! - It had, new one ordered, paid and has arrived (very quickly I should add!)
  • Make reservation for Inventions! - Done!
  • Order EuroTunnel tickets with Tesco Clubcard vouchers once I know when we're returning! (Waiting to hear from family - long story!) - We're now going Via Ferry - Calais to Dunkirk as it was MUCH cheaper. Anyone else noticed that if your trip is longer than 5 day before you return that the Eurotunnel prices shoot up?? Thing is, I'm not great on boats.... lol
  • Book cheap hotel for drive back up through France. - Done
  • Investigate and print maps for route - Will do next week!
  • Confirm AP Photopass+ offer details, download app and be 'savvy' ready for purchase!

So it's all looking good! Yeay! And DD has NO idea!!

C x

And tonight we're off! We won't be there until tomorrow afternoon, and DD still has no idea!

Bit confused with the AP PP+ as I'm sure I saw SOMETHING somewhere about it still not being in the shops......we shall see! Fingers crossed.

See you all when we're back!

C x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter