CHEER COMPETITION CROWDS

Kyndallsmom22

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are planning a trip in early May 2024. I’ve read all the discussions on the cheer competitions and how the crowd added by them are mostly noticed in the resorts. I am wondering which competition brings in the smallest crowd - The Summit Cheer and the Dance summit which are on the same weekend or the Summit D2? We are trying to choose the least crowded so any and all advice/experience is very much appreciated!

Not sure if you've booked yet but D2 is significantly smaller. The hotels used are All-Stars and Coronado.

Is there a way know in advance which hotels are used for the cheer and dance competitions? Or just based on last year's?

Is there a way know in advance which hotels are used for the cheer and dance competitions? Or just based on last year's?
You can go to each event's website and find the dates and Resorts.

Most cheers were lodged at the All Star Resorts over the years we have taken trips, The end of our trip last April of 2023 ( 04-14 to 04-21) we stayed numerous times at different All Star Resorts. The last three nights at All Star Movies was crazy, as expected it was crazy with kids running around through all hours of the night. I get it, didnt complain but was hard for my littles to sleep. I wont ever stay at a Value, this upcoming trip we are lodging at CBR. Parks were not as crowded though.

We were at DW from 5-16 Feb. It didn't seem as bad the first week, but halfway through it became clear that something was going on in the cheerleading world. Too many groups of cheerleading teams to count. Turns out, the Nat'l HS Cheer competition was 9-12 Feb. To me, it made the parks feel more crowded. Not sure if the actual data would show an obvious increase in crowds, but it certainly felt like it. Our trips are Feb and mid-Oct. This was the busiest we have experienced over the past few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter