Cheer Squad for Princess half

Fire14

Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.
I know worth is what I put on it but, do you folks think I should get my hubs cheer squad for Princess 2017? I'm doing 5k, 10k, and first half. I'm slow, it's my first half, and my hubs is capable of getting himself to finish line ( he has managed on several occasions) BUT, this is my first half and back in 2015 my hubs ended up making a side trip to ER day of 5k, and handing out water one armed at half, he's fine now but I don't care to have repeat of that part of my day.

I am running with/behind my BFF so he is going to be waiting on 2 of us each day.

My Mom has done Platinum ChEAR Squad for Disneyland Half and Dopey, and to her ... it's worth it because of the private tent (aka Race Retreat tent) with breakfast/brunch, the empty premium bleacher spot at the finish line and the ease of meeting up with us runners in the Finish Line area (or, again, Race Retreat).

If you're planning to do Race Retreat, I would say yes - but only if he does the Platinum Package. I don't really see the value in the other ones unless you want the swag.

Cheersquad doesn't get you there; you still have to get there on your own. It just gives you stuff and extra access. Like Keels said, if you'er doing race retreat for the Half and you guys are willing to go Platinum for him, that might be nice.

Has he considered volunteering? That won't get you guys meeting up at the end in any sort of timely fashion, but I loved volunteering at the 5K that my husband and son were participating in. (and I got MASSIVELY lucky and was stationed by change at the very very end when the last waters and powerade are given out)

Cheersquad doesn't get you there; you still have to get there on your own. It just gives you stuff and extra access. Like Keels said, if you'er doing race retreat for the Half and you guys are willing to go Platinum for him, that might be nice.

Has he considered volunteering? That won't get you guys meeting up at the end in any sort of timely fashion, but I loved volunteering at the 5K that my husband and son were participating in. (and I got MASSIVELY lucky and was stationed by change at the very very end when the last waters and powerade are given out)

He can get self to start/finish area no problem, he'll prob ride bus with us. He volunteered in 2015 at Half, I'm sure he'd love to Volunteer again and I will present that option to him. I wouldn't get much use from retreat myself I don't think as I'm slow and one of those that will want to be as close to front of corral as I can get.
At jingle jungle I left him alone when I went to corral and he got his picture with M+M after runners went to corrals. I may just get him Gold so he gets nice blanket to sit on/wrap self in and I can "borrow" after race, and If he can get preferred viewing for Castle/finish it maybe better for all of us.

Last edited:
I'd love to learn more about how cheer squad works at WDW. I did at DL for my 15 year old DDs first half and loved it as I was able to get amazing shots of her in the part and then again right as she crossed the finish line. The finish line shots I got ended up being better than the disney ones as another runner stepped in front of her to pose for their pic.

She's doing the Princess 1/2 this coming february so I am a bit curious about what its like at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter