• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheers to Character Cavalcades, Cocktails and Celebrations! 2/1 3 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

It was such a great weekend, especially getting out of the politics of Illinois. I'm so sick of the lockdowns...
I'm worried about what kind of lockdowns our governor will impose now that the Covic numbers are so high.
Our server was the worst server we have ever had throughout 48 years of visiting Disney World.
We had dinner at Kona many years ago and our server was no where to be found most of the time. The atmosphere isn't relaxing, either, with its location in a busy part of the building.
My advice, skip Chef Mickey's as I'm sure a lot of DIS veterans will agree. There are so many better places to have breakfast on property with and without characters.
I was surprised at how much food they give you. There is something to be said about eating breakfast in the resort that you are staying at. :)
This was going to be a modified festival and include some things from the Flower and Garden Festival, which had to shut down early due to COVID.
I was very glad to see that the pink slushy was available at the France booth and glad to see that Canada had the filet and soup. The pulled pork at Hawaii is another favorite. But I missed a lot of the other foods we like, especially the desserts.
Overall, Joe and I were not impressed with Food and Wine. I understand why it was modified, why certain items were left off the menus etc. What I don't understand is why some booths only opened on the weekends.
We went to Epcot on a Thursday and were disappointed that the fish and chips outdoor service was only open on the weekends.
We saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy, which was beyond adorable. I felt like I had such a personal experience with these characters which made it a lot more special than just a parade going by. We also saw the Frozen cavalcade.
The Mickey cavalcade passed by us twice and it was the one we enjoyed the most since they were so close to us.

Oh how I love your vlogs! :lovestruc You do such a great job of immersing your viewers into Disney, it's almost like we're there with you. As someone who lives in New York with pretty strict travel rules and can't quarantine for two weeks after returning because of my dumb job :laughing:, I don't know when I'll ever get back, so I don't know what I'd do without your vlogs! :sad: :goodvibes THANK YOU!!!

PS, your summary of Chef Mickey's: Would I go back? NO. Cracked me up. While the food and price has turned me off in the past, some of my favorite Disney memories were at Chef Mickey's because of my niece and nephew. But next time, we'll make memories elsewhere :rotfl:

I'm worried about what kind of lockdowns our governor will impose now that the Covic numbers are so high.
I hope I'm not being offensive but I think our governor is a butt. We defied orders and ate inside a restaurant last night (the restaurant was also defying orders, obviously). I cannot wait to vote him out of office. Small business owners have absolutely had it with him. You can go to a strip club, buy pot, and gamble in Illinois but you can't eat indoors???? What!!!! Sorry! Rant over.

I was surprised at how much food they give you. There is something to be said about eating breakfast in the resort that you are staying at. :)
This is so true.

We went to Epcot on a Thursday and were disappointed that the fish and chips outdoor service was only open on the weekends.
I know, right! Some of it makes zero sense.

Oh how I love your vlogs! :lovestruc You do such a great job of immersing your viewers into Disney, it's almost like we're there with you. As someone who lives in New York with pretty strict travel rules and can't quarantine for two weeks after returning because of my dumb job :laughing:, I don't know when I'll ever get back, so I don't know what I'd do without your vlogs! :sad: :goodvibes THANK YOU!!!
Thanks, Tracy!!!! You're very very sweet. We love doing them and have a lot more to put out before our next trip.

As someone who lives in New York with pretty strict travel rules and can't quarantine for two weeks after returning because of my dumb job :laughing:, I don't know when I'll ever get back
Hey Tracy I miss you! Hope you're doing ok out there :hug: Do the new guidelines help you at all, would your job be ok with you just quarantining for like 7 days if you did the test in Florida and then again on day 4 when you return? That way you'd really only need to stay out of work for like a week instead of 2......really it just all stinks I know :(

Hi there! I hope everyone is doing ok. Our governor is shutting things down again and it makes me dread the holidays, even more, this year...2020 has been rough and we just can't seem to catch a break...I worry for all these small businesses and restaurants if they have to go through a second round of closures...I personally think small businesses are what make a community and they are what give our individual cities their charm. Without them, we are just left with the big box shops, the shops that every other area has...Also, our COVID numbers are going crazy, out of control and I worry about Joe being at the hospital 5 days a week. The number of COVID cases actually doubled there in the last week. We need that vaccination ASAP!!!

But, enough of the depressing news. Let's move onto something better, like dinner at Cali Grill. Yep, they allowed me back in, lol! I was kind of worried after the last time I was there and how I behaved. For those of you who may be new here, I got a tinsy bit drunk back in July for my birthday and may have acted inappropriately. I may have done some singing (loudly), announced I farted, and left my mask at the table when I followed my dear friend @CruellaNY to the bathroom. YIKES!

I was relieved when I got the "your table is ready text." I think I actually breathed a sigh of relief.

Joe and I were seated at a table next to the window with the most perfect view of the Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian Resort, and the Poly. It was absolutely gorgeous. Did you all know the shades on the windows adjust to the lighting and roll up or down automatically?? This was something our server told us. That's why the sun is never "in your eyes", blinding you when you sit in front of a window at Cali Grill. Just a fun fact kids!

Joe and I shared a bottle of sake and I had the wedge salad to start. Joe had the beef won tons and these were amazing. Honestly, a brilliant mix of flavors all packed up in a delicate, little shell. For our entrees, I had the combination California roll and Joe had another sushi roll, that I can't remember the name of. But, I did manage to get pics, so you will be able to see it, lol! Everything at this meal was sheer bliss. I love this place and I honestly can't say enough good things about it.

Joe had another drink at some point because we of course polished off that bottle of sake pretty quickly. Again, I can't remember the name of it, but I have a pic. Nope, I don't. I lied, lol! Oh, there will also be a vlog attached to this blog with all the correct names of the things we ordered...

We ended the night with cappuccinos and a vegan cream cheese dessert that was really delicious. We wanted something on the lighter side and this didn't disappoint. Our server also brought us out a piece of confetti cake. He said it was because he wasn't there to celebrate our birthdays with us in March and July. Bless his heart. I don't think he would have wanted to be there in July. Hee! Hee!

Next up, Joe and I head back to the Magic Kingdom. And, we finally get to hang with our dear friends, Ariane and Steve!!

6C52A951-E73A-4AA6-85E3-9F434167B587.jpeg308838D2-FF52-461E-ABEE-83F6E139B2FE.jpegCA6B5190-FB8A-42AB-A603-1E5F3DBE3B0D.jpeg40DBECC4-7CE9-46D2-8B42-19068AC612ED.jpegFE975E4D-D94A-4B6D-B434-928706758004.jpeg1A44F81F-6ECC-47F6-99EE-1DE12DC7737E.jpegBDA232E6-DE38-4405-84A9-19865937F3B6.jpegFA04616A-3973-4321-967F-80416F68C0CF.jpeg686A2D9F-849A-46DB-87F2-C91CFF93B681.jpeg

Last edited:

The number of COVID cases actually doubled there in the last week. We need that vaccination ASAP!!!
I know, it's just crazy lately. We had over 1,200 cases yesterday here in Ontario. Not good at all! At this rate, I have no idea when I will be able to see my parents and sisters.
Joe and I were seated at a table next to the window with the most perfect view of the Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian Resort, and the Poly. It was absolutely gorgeous. Did you all know the shades on the windows adjust to the lighting and roll up or down automatically?? This was something our server told us. That's why the sun is never "in your eyes", blinding you when you sit in front of a window at Cali Grill. Just a fun fact kids!
That is a fun fact!
Joe and I shared a bottle of sake and I had the wedge salad to start. Joe had the beef won tons and these were amazing. Honestly, a brilliant mix of flavors all packed up in a delicate, little shell. For our entrees, I had the combination California roll and Joe had another sushi roll, that I can't remember the name of. But, I did manage to get pics, so you will be able to see it, lol! Everything at this meal was sheer bliss. I love this place and I honestly can't say enough good things about it.
Yum, yum and yum! Your meals look amazing!!

I know, it's just crazy lately. We had over 1,200 cases yesterday here in Ontario. Not good at all! At this rate, I have no idea when I will be able to see my parents and sisters.
That is a fun fact!
Yum, yum and yum! Your meals look amazing!!
Hi Suse! I’m so sorry you can’t see your family. I know how painful that must be. One day at a time...❤️

Our COVID cases are pretty scary lately, I have to agree! My school has 3 classrooms in quarantine at the moment, so we just keep holding our breath waiting to find out if the Archdiocese is going to put us all on mandatory 2 week quarantine....supposed to find out today!

I'm glad they let you back into California Grill :) The view sounds just perfect and everything looks super tasty! Love the picture of you and Joe with Mickey!

Aww, Gia, lucky little ducky!!! I would give just about anything to be there right now feeling all magical and christmasy! Thanks for sharing :)

Glad you had a great dining experience! All Disney food is expensive but it's extra special when you feel like you got what you paid for. Good food, good service, the view. Nice!

Our governor is shutting things down again and it makes me dread the holidays, even more,
The numbers have gotten scary and I keep hoping the numbers will go down soon.

dinner at Cali Grill. Yep, they allowed me back in, lol!
They don't back ball people for being overly exuberant. ;)

Side note, Julie, Todd, and Gia have been at Disney for the past few nights and shared some Magic Kingdom Christmas pics..
The castle looks gorgeous. They are lucky to live close to WDW.

Those views alone are absolutely breathtaking :cloud9: Another great vlog - and I LOVE your dress!
Thank you. The dress was * at Shein, lol!

Our COVID cases are pretty scary lately, I have to agree! My school has 3 classrooms in quarantine at the moment, so we just keep holding our breath waiting to find out if the Archdiocese is going to put us all on mandatory 2 week quarantine....supposed to find out today!
Oh no, Jackie!!! That's horrible.

I'm glad they let you back into California Grill :) The view sounds just perfect and everything looks super tasty! Love the picture of you and Joe with Mickey!
LMBO! Cali Grill is just one of those rare Disney restaurants that always has great food and service.

Glad you had a great dining experience! All Disney food is expensive but it's extra special when you feel like you got what you paid for. Good food, good service, the view. Nice!
We absolutely love Cali Grill. Hoping to go back in February.

The numbers have gotten scary and I keep hoping the numbers will go down soon.
I know, right! Joe has a call with his hospital today to find out new info.

The castle looks gorgeous. They are lucky to live close to WDW.
My sister isn't even a Disney fan. I'm so jelly!!!

Hi Suse! I’m so sorry you can’t see your family. I know how painful that must be. One day at a time...❤
Awww, thanks Jenny! They live in Prince Edward Island which is completely locked down. You have to apply to visit if you have elderly family there or own property there ( I qualify on both counts) and must quarantine for two weeks before you are allowed to see anyone. I just didn't want to deal with the quarantine and honestly it was nice to have a summer at home. I haven't seen them since last February and miss them terribly. Then my other sister lives in Vancouver, BC and I have not seen her since August of 2019. It sucks.

Can Covid just be done with please?????

Awww, thanks Jenny! They live in Prince Edward Island which is completely locked down. You have to apply to visit if you have elderly family there or own property there ( I qualify on both counts) and must quarantine for two weeks before you are allowed to see anyone. I just didn't want to deal with the quarantine and honestly it was nice to have a summer at home. I haven't seen them since last February and miss them terribly. Then my other sister lives in Vancouver, BC and I have not seen her since August of 2019. It sucks.

Can Covid just be done with please?????
It sucks so bad. I can’t imagine going that long without seeing a Julie, Todd and Goa.

I just discovered your posts. I have a lot to catch up on because I really enjoyed this. You guys are too funny. Also, I am so sorry for your loss
Thank you so very much. We really appreciate it. Feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel. It’s free and we post there 4 times a week.😊😊😊
It’s been a tough year. Losing my dad was so unexpected. Thank goodness my mom lives around the corner from us.

Ah how I miss California Grill. We just couldn't get a good time for there this last trip but I hope to return someday and glad you were able to get back there!

SO crazy about MK and the Christmas decorations. We saw them last week of course. If I had known they were going to switch RIGHT over to Christmas at MK on Sunday, the day after Halloween, I may have tried to get there on Friday instead so I could see some of the Halloween stuff. It was a bit odd to be there on Nov. 3rd and see so much Christmas stuff up, but we weren't there at night and they weren't doing the projections yet and I'm sad no castle lights this year either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter