• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Art Smith, yea or nay?

Anyone who's ever had a really good biscuit (and some of those who haven't) will find the biscuits here gummy and dense. Yuck.

I thought it was going to be overpriced southern food, but I was pleasantly surprised. Food was really good, portions are huge, and the moonshine drinks were great. You can definitely split some of the meals, or get one app and one entrée for two people.

We all loved it. The restaurant itself isn’t really themed and you could argue a bit more bland than most of Disney’s restaurants, but the food is fantastic southern comfort food. The fried chicken is a specialty but we enjoyed all of the main courses that we ordered.

We went it January and it was ok but nothing to write home about. No rush to go back.

I thought the fried chicken was amazing, but I was also drinking the Blue Moonshine cocktail out of their 22oz squeezy bottles. Lol that stuff is like gasoline. Soo I'm not sure how much weight my opinion should hold, lol.

Does anyone have recommendations of places off-property that do better, authentic southern cuisine?

My son and I just went a couple of weekends ago. We ordered the fried pickles. They were spears which I have never seen before. They were so very hot and you could not bite them due to the shape and skin. I burned the top of my mouth so bad it took days to heal. I never send food back ever, but for the price and the fact we could not even bite them, I just had to say something. When I told the waitress she was like yeah, I know they are a new item and awful, everyone complains. Um, thanks for telling us ahead of time. We also both ordered the fried chicken dinner. I believe it was 34ish dollars each. It was just ok. Not the best, not the worst. You could tell the chicken is pre cooked and sitting. Which I know sounds crazy since I'm complaining the pickles were so hot!! Definitely not worth the money we spent, but that seems the theme lately. Probably worth it for a first timer, but I don't need to go back. We also have done the brunch before. Same thing good, not great, probably won't do it again. Boathouse still is our favorite.

We like it alright, but unless we are there on a longer trip and have time, it's not a must do. Way too many other restaurants that are higher on our personal list. It's also a ton of food, and we aren't huge eaters. We usually just split a chicken biscuit app and a side of mac and cheese.

Not big on chicken so I ordered the Catfish - peppery but good. I read everywhere that the prices were expensive so I wasn't surprised. We only ate main with a drink so it was about $50/pp.

Been there several times, and always found it to be good, but not all that spectacular. We enjoy it, but not a must do every trip for us. The hummingbird cake is special though. I have often though of just trying to order that to go.

Homecomin' used to be a favorite but feel it's now overpriced and the food isn't as well prepared. It's now a skip for me. Prefer Jaleo.

Jaleo, Wine Bar George, Raglan Road, and The BOATHOUSE are the best executed places at Disney Springs. That's not an opinion. Whether or not you enjoy them as much as other places is a different story.

I wouldn't waste a thing. It would be going back to my resort to eat the next day.

Does anyone have opinions on the bunch there?
We ate brunch there yesterday. It was delicious! I had a peach mimosa and DH had the sangria. Both drinks were great. We split the chicken & donuts entree and ordered the biscuits. I’m glad we split the entree. It was more than enough food and we brought home several biscuits.

Our waitress gave us the option of upgrading the entree to include 2 breasts ($3.00 cost). It was a good call. I couldn’t finish my chicken. It was really a lot of food.

I recommend brunch for sure!

We used to go every trip, but the prices have gone up and quality down. The moonshine is way overpriced IMHO.

Two visits ago I bit into a bone on the "boneless" chicken biscuit appetizer. After I told the server, the manager came out and apologized profusely. Gave us a discount and free dessert. It did hurt biting down on that bone when you don't expect it.

We went back last visit and ordered the chicken biscuit appetizer again. We took some of it back to our resort and when I bit into it the next day, had a bone, again! So we're done with this place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter