Chef Art Smith's Homecomin or Boma?

FriendsOfEeyore

Proud Parents of EJ!
We always have Boma on our first night. Just checked and got a 4:50PM at Homecomin for next Friday. Now, we have to decide Boma or Homecomin?????

My wife had a gastric sleeve last year. We know she will not eat her food value at any buffets, but that is NOT a factor in our decision. We do love the variety of flavors at Boma.

Help us decide...

btw - we will try Tusker House for the first time this trip the following Monday. Are flavors similar between Boma and Tusker House?

We like Boma but find it very similar to Tusker House if you are already going there. On the other hand there is nothing in WDW like Homecoming and it has some of the best southern food I've ever had.

Thank you, both.

We have never tried Tusker House, so pretty sure we are keeping that one.

We have a few days to make a final decision. Any more opinions? We are leaning Homecomin, I think.

We always have Boma on our first night. Just checked and got a 4:50PM at Homecomin for next Friday. Now, we have to decide Boma or Homecomin?????

My wife had a gastric sleeve last year. We know she will not eat her food value at any buffets, but that is NOT a factor in our decision. We do love the variety of flavors at Boma.

Help us decide...

btw - we will try Tusker House for the first time this trip the following Monday. Are flavors similar between Boma and Tusker House?

WoW!!
Talk about 2 different ends of the spectrum...LoL:rotfl2:.
Sorry that was rude...:(

TBH Boma's is waaay more than any buffet....We hate calling it that because it just offers sooo much more than your ordinary fare. It is a little off the beaten path so that's a drawback, but with that being said, We still visit it almost every trip...And that's with a vegan wife as well.

Now on the other hand, ASH, we just did this past summer, & I'm the only one out of the 4 of us that loved this place...The fried chicken is ridiculously good. I like the vibe in there as well....But the price difference is substantial, if you aren't going to eat as much...

I'd try the new restaurant, as another PP stated, you'll be doing TH and that is kinda close to Boma.
Kinda:confused3

Last edited:

Put it this way. One of the main factors for us staying at AKL this year is because of Boma (and specifically my boyfriend's love affair with their mashed potatoes. I know. Don't ask me why).

We've done both! I think Boma is more unique. We loved Homecomin', but at the end of the day it's just really good fried chicken. And it's a lot heavier than Boma, where there are a lot of lighter options and soups that you can just grab small tastings of without overdoing it (although I challenge anyone to not overdo it at a buffet :rotfl2: ).

That being said, it's fun to try something new! I don't think you would regret Homecomin' especially since it sounds like you visit often enough that this wouldn't be your last chance to have Boma.

I’d pick Homecomin’. With the sleeve, your wife could order smaller portions to suit her needs. I’d bet that one of those chicken biscuits for her, leaving 3 for you with maybe another side or app to nibble would make a great meal. I’m a southern girl and Homecomin’ is the real deal.

I haven't been to Boma yet, but I was SO disappointed in Homecomin' when we were there in September. I got Art's Famous Fried Chicken with the mac and cheese and while the chicken was pretty good, the mac and cheese was NOT worth the hype! Both the flavor and texture were lacking. My husband got the braised short ribs with mashed potatoes and I wasn't a fan of anything on his plate. The hushpuppies and pimento cheese were tasty and the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits were delish, but everything else we tried was sub par. Homecomin' had been so hyped and I was so excited and it was not what I had built up in my mind.

We are not Homecomin’ fans. Tried it twice and were underwhelmed both times. Boma, on the other hand, is a must do for us.

I prefer Boma because of the wide range of options and everything is delicious. I've given Homecomin' a few tries and think the food is mediocre and incredibly heavy which is understandable given that it's comfort food. I would prefer to not to feel so stuffed especially in the hot Florida climate!

We've done both and enjoyed both. Based on your post I'd say Homecommin soley because you haven't tried it and it sounds like your wrestling with a solid favorite vs the unknown.

We have done Boma, Homecomin', and Tusker House mulitple times--we like all of them a lot! With a TH adr in place, I'd give Homecomin' a shot. :earsboy:

We loved both. Homecomin’ is our usual last day meal before the 6 hour drive back to Atlanta. We’ve ate at both breakfast and lunch at Boma and love the variety. Both are excellent in their own way. Enjoy your meal.

Based on all the factors I would vote for Homecomin' despite the fact that Boma is a must tp for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter