Chef de France?

DisneyCAL

DIS Veteran
The menu interests me but I haven't seen many reviews of this TS. Anybody have reviews or an opinion on this as a TS for lunch or dinner?

We were there for lunch in March, first time. Loved it, would definitely go again. The lunch was very long. We had apps, but overall it was a longer experience. Other than that, all loved the meal.

We were there for dinner in September and thought it was so-so. I agree with the above poster that the meal was pretty long, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing! The ambiance was lovely and our waiter was friendly and attentive.

The lobster bisque was probably the star of the show. Everything else we got (salmon tartare, beef short rib, salad, chocolate cake) was nothing to write home about. It was definitely one of the more forgettable meals of our trip.

Chefs de France is one of our favorite restaurants. I second the lobster bisque. So delicious! Also good: the salmon dish, the bread, gratin de macaroni, and creme brulee.

I've got this planned for my November trip and I'm excited. Sounds like there will be some good options to try. Any other menu recommendations?

Chefs is one of our favorite Epcot restaurants. I was worried after reading poor reviews, but we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there, and had wonderful service. We're eating there again in December.

Dined there several times, always have had a great meal, which explains why we keep going back. :thumbsup2

For DW and I it's become our parents night out meal while at Disney. We both enjoy the Prix Fixe Menu. We've been lucky and gotten wonderful window seats our last few visits. Service is great ... food is delicious.

Have had lunch and dinner there several times. The only bad experience we had was when we were seated next to a table with obnoxious, out of control children and clueless parents :sad2:. Otherwise we have had some really pleasant experiences there.

We've eaten there a number of times. The food has always been good but the service is a bit hit and miss for us. The tables are a tad close together, all right they are way close together, so you can feel cramped and it can get loud. All that aside, we obviously enjoy it or we wouldn't have gone more than once.

We've eaten there a number of times. The food has always been good but the service is a bit hit and miss for us. The tables are a tad close together, all right they are way close together, so you can feel cramped and it can get loud. All that aside, we obviously enjoy it or we wouldn't have gone more than once.

Well they are much farther apart then the tables at the "Signature" Le Cellier. (I can't put my elbow on another table at Chefs)

And honestly it's suppose to resemble a French Café and in those the tables are DRAMATICALLY closer together...

Does anyone have information on whether the prix fixe menu at dinner has an up charge if using DDP? Our last visit in 2011 they did not have an up charge for lunch and I believe the prix fixe was not offered at dinner.

That's my main complaint. It was quite difficult to get from our table to the bathroom without bumping into servers/other guests because there's so little room to walk between tables. The wait was a bit long, too (with an ADR).
The food was good and it is lovely inside.

Does anyone have information on whether the prix fixe menu at dinner has an up charge if using DDP? Our last visit in 2011 they did not have an up charge for lunch and I believe the prix fixe was not offered at dinner.

Never mind! Found my own answer. Another website just posted a review (how precipitous) and YES you can get the prix fixe menu with DDP sans up charge. Lobster bisque here I come.

We ate there 2 years ago and enjoyed it very much (dinner menu) but last year we went to Monsieur Paul and that is now our favourite in France. The beef dish was delicious and we have booked again for this year. After dinner in France we go to the boulangerie and sit outside people watching with a scrumptious dessert. 7 weeks and 3 days until we arrive for more :yay:

Had dinner there twice in September. We were on the DDP and were able to order the prix fixe. The first dinner I had onion soup, which was very good and the macaroni and cheese is to die for, the second dinner had the filet was also delicious. We eat here every trip and have never been disappointed. The service is also excellent.

Due to it's wrap around windows, Chefs de France always looks so lovely outside looking in, especially at night with the yellow candlelight hue glowing from the dining room. I have always walked by looking longingly at it...it just calls me in every time so it's a must-do for us each trip. Personally, I prefer going in the evening for the greatest ambience; but we have TiW that is now only accepted at lunch so we go then and usually choose the prix fixe menu. The lobster bisque has been consistently excellent every time over the last 11 years we've been going. The salmon entree was very lovely and satisfying in September and our favorite dessert is always the crème brûlée. We have chosen Chefs for our Eat To The Beat dining package in November and are looking forward to it once again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter