Chef Mickey ADR question

Noles2002

Nole Girl!
We will be stopping in Disney for one day on our way from Ft. Lauderdale back up to Connecticut. We plan on leaving my in-laws by 4am to avoid any traffic and to have a full day in the parks. I was able to score 7:45 am reservations at Chef Mickey. My question is, what if we do hit massive traffic and end up being late to our reservation? It only takes 3 hours to get there, and I've alloted an extra 45 minutes for uncontrollable circumstances. So if all goes perfectly, we will be fine. But as we all know life happens, does anyone know from experience what will happen...say I even call and warn them of a later arrival?
Just trying to be prepared for worse case scenario. TIA!

If you are running late, call the dining line. They can usually help you either find a later ADR or cancel your current reservation, without charging you the fees.

Honestly, worst case scenario is you get charged the no-show fee. You can try calling the dining line for help or try to reschedule on the MDE app.

We will be stopping in Disney for one day on our way from Ft. Lauderdale back up to Connecticut. We plan on leaving my in-laws by 4am to avoid any traffic and to have a full day in the parks. I was able to score 7:45 am reservations at Chef Mickey. My question is, what if we do hit massive traffic and end up being late to our reservation? It only takes 3 hours to get there, and I've alloted an extra 45 minutes for uncontrollable circumstances. So if all goes perfectly, we will be fine. But as we all know life happens, does anyone know from experience what will happen...say I even call and warn them of a later arrival?
Just trying to be prepared for worse case scenario. TIA!
The restaurant will typically still seat you if you arrive up to 20 minutes late. Beyond that, I recommend calling Disney to try to change the time. Even if they can't, depending on the phone rep you talk to they might let you out of paying the no-show fee just once. That happened to me on one trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter