Chef Mickey birthday celebration

Hunnybee

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but here goes. In November, we are going to Disney World to celebrate my DS's 3rd birthday. We were planning on a character meal on his birthday at the Crystal Palace. However, it will be closed due to renovation while we are there. So, we now think we'd like to do Chef Mickey's for dinner. Has anyone celebrated a birthday there? I know that there are no guarantees when it comes to special treatment for occasions, but I'm just curious to see if anyone's had a birthday at Chef Mickey's and if they did anything special. Also, if you have any comments in general about Chef Mickey's, they would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

:D :D :D

We have celebrated my oldest DD's birthday there twice, because that's what she wanted to do. They give you a chef hat for the birthday child, I think we got a birthday pin too. They brought a cupcake with a candle and sang happy birthday. The place is so festive you can't go wrong, I can't remember if they decorated the table (they do at LTT) . The character interaction is great they dance and everyone does the napkin swing. The food is really good because there is a huge variety even for the kids. There is also a desert bar and one time Donald Duck was there and he was playing with the children as they decorated their desert. Oh and you can also if you want purchase a picture with Mickey Mouse and your family, you do not have to but for my DD's birthday we did so she had something to remember it by. Honestly Chef Mickey's hands down would be the place I chose to celebrate a child's birthday.

We had my niece's sixth birthday there. Minnie came out with her birthday cupcake. (I think a CM carried the cupcake, but Minnie was there.)

hay hunnyb
we are going in aug to disney. it'll be my daughters 2nd birthday and i called today for reservations at chef mickeys.. i'll have to let you know how it is........i hear it's really great.......i hope so,,,,,

We surprised my Mom last year with a trip to Disney and celebrated her 83rd birthday at Chef Mickey's .
:p
It was great they bought a cupcake with candles to the table and Mickey came and the whole room sang to her and then did the napkin swing. Mickey was hugging her and her face was as red as his pants.
:bounce: :bounce:
She loved it. That is the best character dinner at DW (IMHO)

When we were there on June 2nd, a family had a large chocolate birthday cake sent to their table. It is a very great place to celebrate a birthday. I highly recommend it.

Chef Mickey's is a great place to celebrate birthdays!

They play the celebrate song and twirl the napkins about every 30 minutes. When my daughter celebrated her birthday there they brought out a birthday cupcake and Minnie and Mickey both came over to our table to join in the celebration. My daughter thought they were singing the song just for her, it was so cute!

It sounds like Chef Mickey's will be a great place to celebrate my DS's 3rd birthday! I appreciate you all taking the time to let me know about your experiences. Now we just have to wait!! :(

but my personal favorite is Liberty Tree - smaller and not as chaotic. The service seems more personal, too. They were wonderful for my Dd birthday, and spent so much time with us a felt a little guilty. They played with her, tried to feed her her supper, and even stood around during Happy Birthday - it was so special!

We were there in June and ate at Chef Mickey's for the first time. It was GREAT and the food was really good too! I highly recommend it! (We celebrated my birthday that week but at the Hoop De Doo. The show was fun but the food wasn't so great....I think a better place for an adult birthday IMHO~)

Have fun!
Marcy

You can't beat the atmosphere at Chef Mickey's. This was our first stop on our first visit to the World, and we knew immediately that we'd just started a tradition. It's great to hear all the positive posts regarding celebrating birthdays there. I'm turning 31 on our trip this fall, and we plan on starting the day off with breakfast there! I can't wait! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter