Chef Mickey Experts...Breakfast or Dinner

MJS

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose? We have a day when we will not be going to the theme parks, and we would like to visit this restaurant. Which is better for character interaction - - dinner or breakfast? Have any of you tried both? Which did you enjoy more? Is breakfast rushed? Did you feel that they were trying to turn over the tables fast?

We are not looking for great food, but a chance for our little one to visit with her "friends." Thanks!

We did breakfast at CM's last October and it was fun. I have not eaten dinner there, but I have spoken to others that have and they loved the food. I assume the character interaction would be the same as in the morning (and it is great).

But...(couldn't you feel that coming?)...eating such a large breakfast left me feeling "blah" the rest of the day. And yeah, it is possible to control myself at a buffet, but even if you just sample the different foods you end up eating a lot more than at a normal breakfast (which is usually a bowl of Cheerios for me).

The food is good, but I think next time we'll do the dinner instead.

Check out the menus at www.wdwig.com or here on the Dis (do they have menus now?).

I would have to vote for breakfast. Had it twice before and was pleased. :D

Had dinner there in 2002 and it was the worst meal I've ever had at WDW. :crazy2: Food was awful, very little character interaction and felt it was a total waste of money.
:mad:

Thanks for the replies. We are not interested in the food. I assumed it was probably below average.

We are interested in the character interaction, and if your time with them was rushed at either meal. With so many people trying to get to the theme parks in the morning, is dinner more relaxed? Terk-1, your dinner sounds awful!

I found it louder and more rushed at dinnertime, then at breakfast. We did a 9am PS for breakfast and did not feel rushed at all. When I did dinner, I had a 5:30pm PS and there was a MVMCP that night. Felt very rushed and really did not enjoy the meal.

I found the character interaction much better at breakfast (all of the characters came to our table twice) than at dinner (only Minnie & Chip came in our area).

Thanks for the help! 9am is probably a great time because that is when the MK is open, so the theme park crowd is on their way.

Your dinner experience was bad. Two characters came to your area! I would be mad!

Thanks again!

CM's is one of our very faves. We nearly always start with dinner there the first night, then it's our last bkft before we leave. We have enjoyed both but we like the dinner choices more than bkft which is typical of every bkft buffet. Also, the sundae bar is fantastic. At dinner you can meet Donald; he's not usually at the bkft. We don't rush thru any of our meals and never feel hurried by the staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter