chef mickey

disney queen

DIS Veteran
well, we are the last people in the world to eat here. going for dinner. any comments--good, bad, indifferent! thanks:p

We have had dinner here a few times, and are booked for 12/4 at 6:30. The dinner is great. It's your normal buffet. They have had prime rib every time we've gone and one other carving. There is a choice of potatos, salads, pasta chicken and fish. Check out Deb's site to see the latest menu.

There are assorted deserts and ice cream. They kids can make a cupcake with Goofy. They chose the chocolate or vanilla, the frosting flavor and sprinkles.

We have done both breakfast and dinner and have always had a good time. It is a very festive, fun atmosphere. You should really enjoy it. Skip lunch or eat light and bring a good appetite!

Yuck. The food is bland at best, terrible at worst. The noise level is atrocious. The atmosphere is frenzied. not at all an enjoyable meal. There are so many nicer character dinners to choose from...

Anne

Well, I have had breakfast there twice and dinner once. The breakfast was great, but I thought the dinner was pretty awful. The food was so-so with the exception of the desserts, they were great! The noise level was unbelievable-you need hearing protection. I would most definitely do breakfast, but not dinner again.

I totally agree with bethie (great name, ;) ). Breakfast was amazing, large selection of great food. Dinner was not-so-amazing. Food selection was limited and not great quality. Character interaction is terrific at both breakfast and dinner, so I'd advise trying breakfast rather than dinner.

We love it here! Yes it is noisy! We have kids, but that makes the noise great! The Kids love the characters.

I especially love the prime rib and shrimp. The keylime pie was excellent!!

We love to start our vaction here. This will be our second time at CM for Thanksgiving. We also are booking our final night here as well!

Melanie:p

We were there for dinner in early July and we loved it.. The food was very good for a buffet, the desserts were excellent. We had a choice of Prime Rib or Roast turkey cut right in front of you. They also had a fresh Grouper for the fish that was very good. Tasted as good as any fish I have had at the Coral Reef.. They had a pasta dish as well as a pork dish which had mango sauce. They also have all you can eat, peel and eat shrimp.

If you want a gourmet meal, a buffet is never the best place to eat, but I enjoyed the food at Chef Mickey's on this last trip. It is loud there, but the kids loved it! We also had a very good meal at 1900 Park Fare, but the atmosphere is very much more subdued there. My wife preferred 1900 Park Fare, but she isn't into shrimp or prime rib and they had a different variety of food there. Both restaurants were quite good though.

I love the food here! And you can beat some of the noise if you go for a really late dinner. I think the last PS is about 9:15. Most of the kids are gone by then and the crowd isn't so bad.

We also love it here. I have not noticed the noise, but then we always eat early - as soon as the restaurant opens in many cases. We get to see the characters 2 or 3 times that way and don't usually have to sit and wait for the last one to come by. We also have kids so our tolerance for noise is probably pretty high anyway.

The food is good - it's not California Grill - but it is generally good. Our VERY VERY picky kids have always been able to find a couple of things they will eat. I am the somewhat picky adult, and I have never been disappointed with the selection. My DH will eat anything and he is always pleased as well.

The characters are great. As someone mentioned before, the kids can make a cupcake with Goofy and Donald is usually hanging around the lobby too. So, in one shot, you get to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto and/or Chip and Dale. Not a bad selection!

I ate there for the first time in May and I thought the food was great. I didn't really notice the noise either. The best part was the look on my kid's faces when they got to spend all the time with the characters. I told my husband this will be something we'll do from now on and I've already got a dinner booked for our next trip.:wave:

Originally posted by disney queen
well, we are the last people in the world to eat here. going for dinner. any comments--good, bad, indifferent! thanks:p

We love it here. It is a must do on every trip and we do not have kids.:p The primerib and mashed potatoes are outstanding. It has a loud party atmosphare. I believe you wave your napkins over your head and sing every 25 minutes or so.

Less then 48 hrs. to WDW and will be at Chef Mickey's for dinner on the 15th.

We've been there twice for dinner (May 00 & May 01) and we are going back again in Oct 02.

The first time was awesome! The second time was just ok/good...the characters seemed rushed during our second visit, and we were a little disappointed by this, but I am willing to go back (...hoping for an awesome visit again). We are using it as our first night activity, when we first arrive instead of hitting the parks (We have annual passes but my parents, who will be with us, do not).

Like Sgtdisney said, a buffet is not where you get a gourmet meal...come with the right expectations and you can enjoy the food well enough.

Have fun...it's worth trying.

I have two questions where is Chef Mickeys and how far out do you have to mae a ps for dinner?

we have a good time. good buffet food. kids seem more willing to try new stuff if they know the basic are there for them.

the reason to go is the fun of the place and it is fun

Ask for BOB as your waiter we had him & it made it AMAZING!! The following year he was off the night we went there & it was just not the same. We even took a picture with him he was so great. & I dont mean for kids-- it was just me & my BF. We had a great time with Bob & unless I call & find out if he's there again I dont think we'll go back!:)

If you are going for the characters and interaction it is fine. I would not recommend going for the food. there are alot better buffets at WDW. The food selection is limited. The ice cream is ice milk. Crystal Palace serves actual ice cream. Kids buffet had pizza, macaaroni and cheese, hot dogs- the standard. they do have two meats each night that they cut, and their parmesan mashed potatoes. The rolls are hard. they serve a few other dishes also. YOu can find better. We eat there because of the kids, and have been there about 10 times for dinner. Never gets any better.

Went there the night we arrived for our first visit, before we even went to a park.

Some brief comments:

Loud. Big. Good character interaction. Parmesan mashed potatoes. Music. Napking waving. Parmesan mashed potatoes. Buffet. Parmesan mashed potatoes. Good dessert bar.

It's up-tempo, noisy, fun. Buffet, all you can eat, pretty good food as I recall (the only definitive memory I have is the wonderful parmesan mashed potatoes, which are as potentially as addictive as nicotine).

They take the family/group's picture on the way in, bring you a packet, to look at, you don't have to buy it. Ours weren't good.

Go, it's fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter