• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickeys buffet returning?

Rinky76

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if after the announcement that character meet and greets would be returning if the buffet would perhaps return to Chef Mickeys too? We would love to go back there for breakfast but not keen on doing the family style version.
What’s everyone’s thoughts? Thanks 😊

I was wondering if after the announcement that character meet and greets would be returning if the buffet would perhaps return to Chef Mickeys too? We would love to go back there for breakfast but not keen on doing the family style version.
What’s everyone’s thoughts? Thanks 😊
I’m not sure, but I loved the new way with family style I thought the food so much better then when it was a buffet

I’m not sure, but I loved the new way with family style I thought the food so much better then when it was a buffet
Really? Were you able to order what you wanted or was it just brought to the table? I like an weird mix on my plate!

Really? Were you able to order what you wanted or was it just brought to the table? I like an weird mix on my plate!
They brought us everything on the menu and then if we wanted more of certain items they brought additions. If there’s something on the menu you don’t eat you can tell them to leave it off

We have been twice while family style and will not return. It was borderline gross food and not similar to the items we picked from the buffet at all. The service has been pretty bad at chef mickeys on recent trips as well, sad, but that’s been our experience.

Like everything, it's such a preference on how people tour/visit disney. I'm eager for the buffet to return and holding out hope for our trip in May that it will make that transition... Most of the family style entrees do not sound appealing to me, and aren't things I would pick at the buffet... I also like being able to build my own salad and sort of pick and choose what goes on my plate... Same thing with desserts and getting the soft serve ice cream... that's like the whole reason to go to a buffet :P

But I can see why it's nicer to have the food brought to you when you have small kids.

We'll survive either way, since we aren't really going there for some out of this world food or anything... but I hope they start getting back to more regular character meals.

I agree, everyone has a preference. We enjoyed the family style as the food seems to be a bit better and you don’t have to get up to get your food from the buffet.

We went this past weekend and will not be returning. Neither the food or character interaction is worth the money. The experience overall has lost its shine. It was really disappointing.

We went this past weekend and will not be returning. Neither the food or character interaction is worth the money. The experience overall has lost its shine. It was really disappointing.

Did you go for breakfast or dinner? We’ve only done dinner since COVID changes.

See so many people saying family stule is better for kids. We always found buffets easier with small kids since we could always be guaranteed to find something all three of kids would eat, whereas with family style there is often just one kiddie item. When my kids were little, we had one who wouldn’t eat meat, one who wouldn’t eat dairy, and one who who only at monochrome foods. Buffets were our best friend!

See so many people saying family stule is better for kids. We always found buffets easier with small kids since we could always be guaranteed to find something all three of kids would eat, whereas with family style there is often just one kiddie item. When my kids were little, we had one who wouldn’t eat meat, one who wouldn’t eat dairy, and one who who only at monochrome foods. Buffets were our best friend!
I couldn't agree more :thumbsup2!

I only do character breakfasts so that's probably why it's a non issue for us. I get up from my seat enough times at home during meals, when I'm on vacation I don't need that 😂.

I sent an email asking about the Be Our Guest Menu and if Chef Mickey’s buffet will be returning. This is the response I received:

At this time Be our Guest will continue to offer the prix fixe lunch and dinner offerings only. Also at this time Chef Mickeys will also remain a family-style dining option also, there are no announcements of these 2 locations making any menu changes in the near future.

With small kids I prefer family style since someone needs to stay with the kids and someone has to keep going back and forth to get more food. My 6 year old would be fine at buffet and maybe my 4 year old (though not sure she could make it back to the table holding her own plate) but my just turned 3 would always be wandering off and definitely couldn't hold her own plate and the fresh 1 year old.... At these ages, buffets may have kids eating happily but my husband and I would starve. I always stressed about missing the characters with buffet too. We are booked right now due to family style but if it changes to buffet, we are cancelling.

I love that place :)

Our last visit to Chef Mickey’s buffet saw my wife mocking me for eating 10 lbs of mashed potatoes and like 20 chicken nuggets after paying whatever the heck it costs. (I really like mashed potatoes.) She even put a dang picture of my plate in our trip photo album (so rude).

Can’t wait to go back, gonna build a mountain of mashed p’s and Nuggs on plate this time!

How is the character interaction at Chef Mickey's now? We haven't been back to WDW since 2018 and it's so hard to tell how everything is now.

The main thing I LOVED about Chef Mickey's was unlimited smoked salmon, I don't see it on the menu, is it entirely gone?
Because without it, it's just not worth it anymore for us. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter