Chef Mickey's Buffet returns on 3/1/2023

From the WDW website: Now through February 28, this restaurant offers family-style dining. The buffet experience will return on March 1. Check back soon to view the buffet menu.

Also expect a price increase, just in time for the Easter holiday!

Well, I was going back and forth between Tusker House or Chef Mickeys and this made me decide to book Chef Mickeys

This actually makes me sad...I really enjoyed the new format served to your table.

Guess I'll wait and see if the buffet has some of these same foods (the salads and sides were as good as some of the main dishes).

I may be one of the few people on earth who is happy about the buffets coming back. It's not that I disagree the quality of the food has been better with family style, but I just haven't been crazy with the selection.

how does "family style" dining work? (don't crucify me I haven't been to Disney in 12 years 😂) we have reservations at Chef Mickeys for breakfast on our trip next month, do we select certain things to order and then share everything?

how does "family style" dining work? (don't crucify me I haven't been to Disney in 12 years 😂) we have reservations at Chef Mickeys for breakfast on our trip next month, do we select certain things to order and then share everything?

Generally they bring a selection of everything to your table, in bowls or skillets, and you have all you care to eat of any of those items. If there is something you want more of...they will bring it out to you. Something you don't want at all...you can tell them not to bring that. You can make slight changes to things as well...like you don't want certain ingredients in a salad, they can leave those out.

I hope they bring the Buffets back everywhere they were pre-C19.

Crystal Palace is back.

Chef Mickey's will be back.

I'm waiting for Trail's End at Fort Wilderness.

Let's keep this trend going.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Any updates yet?

Made a reservation for March but debating what to do. The online menu is family style and I just realized it’s going to be back to buffet (the old selection?)

We aren’t big buffet fans and haven’t been to CM in about 30 years, but hoping for the best.

Any updates yet?

Made a reservation for March but debating what to do. The online menu is family style and I just realized it’s going to be back to buffet (the old selection?)

We aren’t big buffet fans and haven’t been to CM in about 30 years, but hoping for the best.
The WDW website still lists March 1st as the start date for the buffet. Most likely the new menu will not be posted until closer to March 1st.

Personally, I prefer the family-style service. The constant getting up and down to go to the buffet detracts from having a relaxing meal. JMHO.

Same and the quality of the food was way better. Cape May breakfast before the characters came back and when it was family style was one of the best breakfasts I've had on property and it was a steal for the amount of food.

Despite having a slow server who seemed like she was new to Cape May, we really enjoyed our family-style breakfast there. It was a good price and everything was quite good. Haven’t been back since it went back to buffet. I actually wanted to do it before the characters came back bc $25 for buffet seemed like a good deal (by Disney standards).

Personally, I prefer the family-style service. The constant getting up and down to go to the buffet detracts from having a relaxing meal. JMHO.
I agree about having to get up & down, but I don’t think I’d ever characterize Chef Mickey’s as relaxing. 😂

Any feedback on the variety of food on the buffet vs the family style meal? We are going in April and the online menu for dinner doesn't appeal to all members of our group. Does anyone recall what they used to have on buffet for dinner? I know it may change, but they won't have the menus online before we book at 60 days.

Great News really dont like family style dining when you have to keep on asking for more food, Did Ohana once and said we didn't like it..

FINALLY! I have been baffled why this took so long, given that when Goofy’s Kitchen (the equivalent restaurant in Disneyland) has been buffet since day 1 of its reopening in 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter