Chef Mickey's Dinner, Cape May Cafe (breakfast, dinner) to resume in May; Tusker House opening June 20th

I ended up canceling dinner at Chef Mickeys, but I had breakfast at Cape May this morning after rope dropping HS and it was great. Food was on point and a tremendous value for the price. Well worth it IMO, even if staying elsewhere…it’s an easy choice before Epcot or when I went, after HS lines start getting crazy mid morning if you want a late breakfast.

We were there two weeks ago and were excited to see Cape May was going to be open. We knew the dinner would be different and adjusted our expectations. It was horrible. My first serving was supposed to have clams in it. There was a lot of shells but not a single clam anywhere to be found. The shrimp were eh, really overcooked and the fish was unidentifiable. It was overcooked, dry and rubbery. I have no idea what kind of fish it may have been. It is clear they should not be open yet.

I was able to get Tusker House this morning at 6:10 for our day at Animal Kingdom in July. I canceled our Chef Mickey's as I had dinner ressies and I read that they are not doing characters for dinners. That makes me sad. Oh, well, at least we will see them at Tusker House.

Does anyone know if the new meal style at Tusker House is refillable (like, if we needed more vegis or Mac and cheese, for instance, would they bring it?) or is it more of a typical restaurant experience where you get served your meal and that’s what you have?

I was able to get Tusker House this morning at 6:10 for our day at Animal Kingdom in July. I canceled our Chef Mickey's as I had dinner ressies and I read that they are not doing characters for dinners. That makes me sad. Oh, well, at least we will see them at Tusker House.

where did you read that there were no characters at Chef Mickeys? They have definitely been there for dinner, in the modified format where they walk by your table for pictures

where did you read that there were no characters at Chef Mickeys? They have definitely been there for dinner, in the modified format where they walk by your table for pictures
I read it on another chat board when I was researching menus and dining options. It says as of May 2021 there will be no characters at dinner.

Last edited:

I read it on another chat board when I was researching menus and dining options. It says as of May 2021 there will be no characters at dinner.

Are you sure they weren't referring to Cape May Cafe? Chef Mickey's does have characters for both breakfast & dinner.

Does anyone know if the new meal style at Tusker House is refillable (like, if we needed more vegis or Mac and cheese, for instance, would they bring it?) or is it more of a typical restaurant experience where you get served your meal and that’s what you have?
I assume so since that is what the others do for the family platters at dinner! I have lunch reservations opening day. I'll try and report back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter